TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Besides the fact that the guy with the foil hat up there looks like NoCalMike, I'm afraid I'm not sure what the direction was.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that maybe, just maybe, the posts about Hillary killing Barack were sarcastic.

tinhat.jpg

Oh God, the look on that cat's face...

Notables who abandoned her for Obama will get the Big Chill. "He's dead to us," a Clinton aide was quoted saying of John Kerry, who along with Ted Kennedy was turned off by the perception of race baiting that led up to the South Carolina primary. A major donor, conflicted between the two candidates and apologetic over his backing of Obama, found Hillary less than sympathetic. "Too bad for you, because I'm going to win," she snapped.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/134012

123046__election_l.jpg

Oh God, the look on that cat's face...

So you see why, when searching for "tinfoil hat", clearly that was the best one to post.

Hillary Clinton says if you count the votes that don't count, she's winning.

Notables who abandoned her for Obama will get the Big Chill. "He's dead to us," a Clinton aide was quoted saying of John Kerry, who along with Ted Kennedy was turned off by the perception of race baiting that led up to the South Carolina primary. A major donor, conflicted between the two candidates and apologetic over his backing of Obama, found Hillary less than sympathetic. "Too bad for you, because I'm going to win," she snapped.

And she'll alienate all the people she'll need in order to govern effectively in the process.

What delights me is the surreal transformation of my brave little Hillary - Hillary! - from a droning, scripted, calculating ice queen into the scrappy, feisty underdog in the race. The sheer brazen gall, the chutzpah, is incredible. She's absolutely shameless. Not only does she throw the kitchen sink at B.O. Hussein - she actually tells him in advance that she's going to do it. Cornered like a rat in a trap, she's ripping at him viciously and her claws are drawing blood. It's wonderful to watch.

This is the girl I want on my side in a fight.

Meanwhile B.O. Hussein's pious heavenward gaze has been forced back to earth because Hillary's chewing his ankles off and she's halfway through the bone. He now looks like the frustrated princeling that he is instead of the secular saint, delivering redemption to the unwashed and unworthy masses, that he wanted to be. (Remember his wife saying that we should consider ourselves lucky that he has deigned to offer to lead us?) He wants "bitter," he should take a look in the mirror sometime. These days his expression is simply screaming "WHY WON'T SHE JUST STAY DOWN?!"

I would never have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, but you liberals managed to find someone who reeks even more of entitlement and condescension than the Clintons.

So now I find myself rooting for Hillary, and the mercury in Hell's thermostat has frozen. The Devil's gonna be pissed.

Addendum: this is what I'm talking about.

Clinton took the debate dispute to a new level, challenging Obama to face off with her in a debate without a moderator, Lincoln-Douglas style.

“Just the two of us, going for 90 minutes, asking and answering questions, we’ll set whatever rules seem fair,” Clinton said while campaigning in South Bend.

Her campaign made the offer formal with a letter to the Obama campaign.

Preach it, sister.

As Jim Geraghty said to B.O. Hussein:

Hey, welcome to the big leagues, rookie.

And she'll alienate all the people she'll need in order to govern effectively in the process.

Its been noted, that if she does get the nomination in a way that's percieved to be unfair (which is the only way she can get it now) black voters and young people will either sit at home in November, or vote Mccain. In this day and age, no democrat can win without black support.

She keeps saying how whites are more likely to go for her, but doesn't realise that in the GE she'll need AA voters, who she's completely alienated.

I also find it scary that even now, she still thinks she's going to win. I mean, even Huckabee admitted it was long shot towards the end of his campaign.

This is the girl I want on my side in a fight.

**Eagerly waits for Marney to remember she agrees with Mrs. Clinton on less than 10% of the issues.**

if the debate was in true lincoln-douglas style, with long amounts of time given to each speaker, i think obama would actually come out of that looking better. he's weak on short back-and-forth exchanges, and for the first 30 seconds of his responses you can almost always hear him actively trying to figure out what exactly he wants to say; but in the formats i've seen him in, the general rule seems to be, the longer you let him talk the better he does. he's pretty stellar at holding a sustained train of thought (rather than rattling off a list of talking points), and his biggest strengths as an orator shine when he's allowed to speak for 15 minutes or more.

maybe clinton could get a similar kind of rhythm going (i've seen her husband do it a couple times), but i've never seen her actually do it.

of course, my speculation is useless because obama would never agree to it and clinton offered KNOWING he wouldn't agree to it.

maybe clinton could get a similar kind of rhythm going (i've seen her husband do it a couple times), but i've never seen her actually do it.

Since Hillary Clinton apparently beleives all of her husband's experiences and abilities are also her own, this offer makes sense to me now.

I agree that a Lincoln-Douglas style debate would favor Obama but I see it as a ploy by the Clinton campaign due to their financial straits. A debate gives you free advertising in front of voters and since the Clinton campaign is hard up for cash I see it as a way to get themselves on TV without having to actually pay for it. As a result, I'm not surprised Obama is saying "no" to more debates.

I have a feeling the democratic nomination race is coming to a close soon. As well as Hillary's finanical woes, a lot of people in the party have started turning on her. James Clayburn(one of the most respected men in congress) even voiced the fear many have, that she knows she can't win, but is trying to sabotage Obama so she can run in 2012. She's also been holding meetings with uncommitted superdelegates all week, and I'm guessing what she heard wasn't favourable.

Carl Bernstein was on Anderson Cooper and said people in her campaign think her next move might be demanding the VP spot.

I think I'm more tired of the press coverage of the campaign than the campaign itself. Hillary got good press last year because she was seen as the heir apparent to the White House, because they were too busy beating up on the Republicans. Then the press turned and started fellating Obama when he started winning, because now there was a new story:Hillary is vulnerable! They got called on it, and blew the Wright/"bitter" stuff out of proportion so as to not look to pro-Obama. Right now, the story is Hillary's comeback against her superiorly financed opponent.

Also ridicules is how they are treating this like its a three-way race instead of a battle between two people over who gets to take on the third. For example, I think the most ridicules poll I've seen was one that asked which candidate would do the best job of handling the economy...and the choices were all three. The story wasn't that this was bad news for the GOP, since McCain was the only Republican and he only got a third of the responses. The story was how this was bad news for Obama. McCain is currently getting a free ride from the press. Once the Democratic nomination is determined, the press will probably turn on him as well. It's just that right now, beating up on him won't have as much impact as it will 4 months from now.

Maybe instead of this game of "who are we going to fuck-over this month," the press should play a game of "let's treat all the candidates equally and let the public decide for itself"?

I think the press are doing with Obama what they did with Howard Dean, and just screaming 'unelectable' to scare off voters. The main reason Kerry won in 2004 is because people decided he was more electable. Problem is, unlike Dean, Obama has the nomination wrapped up. If Hillary and her freinds in the press had been doing this two or three months ago, it would have made a difference but, for better or worse, this guy is going to the GE.

Guest blame that goot.
Meanwhile B.O. Hussein's pious heavenward gaze has been forced back to earth because Hillary's chewing his ankles off and she's halfway through the bone. He now looks like the frustrated princeling that he is instead of the secular saint, delivering redemption to the unwashed and unworthy masses, that he wanted to be.

I know, and it's great. I was getting tired of watching him try to ape MLK for the last few months. He's not as smiley and heaven-gazey as he used to be. Now he's just exhausted and annoyed. It's about time.

Guest blame that goot.
if she does get the nomination in a way that's percieved to be unfair, black voters and young people will either sit at home in November, or vote Mccain.

Oh, fuck "young people." Counting on Jon Stewart's key demographic to win an election is like building a house on pasta stilts. Besides, they're not going to vote Republican, either. They'll just eat Doritos and study individual carpet fibers.

Oh, fuck "young people." Counting on Jon Stewart's key demographic to win an election is like building a house on pasta stilts. Besides, they're not going to vote Republican, either. They'll just eat Doritos and study individual carpet fibers.

Wasn't high youth turnout the reason Bill Clinton won in 1992?

if she does get the nomination in a way that's percieved to be unfair, black voters and young people will either sit at home in November, or vote Mccain.

Oh, fuck "young people." Counting on Jon Stewart's key demographic to win an election is like building a house on pasta stilts.

Um, sorry, but he has used the youth vote to win elections.

Young people have been working hard in campaigns & voting for decades. And, after these efforts are put in, they have to listen to the profoundly retarded statements on how they didn't vote. Conventional wisdom is usually wrong in politics, this is probably the best example.

If I'm not mistaken, roughly the same percentage of eligible "young" voters have voted in the last several elections. So they do vote pretty consistently, to some degree.

You're wrong, and you werent even funny in being wrong. Hit the showers.

Sign in to follow this