TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brush with Greatness

MP3 Player Question

You can search on Google and find a million guides to this in about 3 seconds, but anyway:

Flash players just use memory. They have no moving parts inside and are monumentally tough to destroy. They're small, about keychain-sized. They're relatively cheap, all things considered, ranging from $100-150. Most hold somewhere between 512 mb and 2 gigs.

Hard drive players are bigger. Since they're hard drives, they have movable parts inside, which means they can break if you're reckless with it. The iPod is the most common (and pretty much the best). They hold a lot more music, and can often hold photos or video or other fun things. You can get players as small as 5 gigs for about $200, 20 gigs for around $250-$350 depending on brand, or big ones like the 60gb iPod (my player) for $399.

If you only want to hold 120-250 songs, get a flash player. If you want more--up to about 12,000 on the biggest models--get a hard drive player.

Well put... :)

I have both of these devices, one which uses and SD Memory card, and I bring it when I go biking, jogging, or off roading.

My iPod, is used for about all other things, base jumping. ;)

Seriously though, when the fuck would anyone ever need 20 gigs worth of music at one time. I mean, goddamn.

3-4 gigs is more than choice and variety. 20 goddamn gigs? How many thousand songs is that again?

I've got a 60 gig player, Ripper. Not quite half-full yet, but it'll get there someday. Having my whole music collection and then some in 5 cubic inches is tingle-inducing. It'll ultimately hold around 12,000.

Seriously though, when the fuck would anyone ever need 20 gigs worth of music at one time. I mean, goddamn.

Well, with my 20 GB iPod, I use about 4 gigs for music, then use the rest for spare storage on the data side. It's the quickest way that I know to transfer huge video and audio files from computer to computer. Of course, I recently purchased a new PC, and am in the process of moving the files, so there's your explanation. Saved me a ton of time and effort.

I also keep all of my installers on there, just in case.