TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rawmvp

Possible Location for WrestleMania 23

You mean like the original Mankind/Taker feud in 96?

Sort of, but with a much different dynamic. Mankind was a fearless psycho who was practically impervious to pain; Sting is a mystical, paranormal figure who rarely speaks, and resides in the black shadows of stoicism. You know how the Undertaker taunts his opponents with white lightning, purple smoke, and bell tolls? Well, Sting would counteract that with black darkness, spontaneous appearances, the ominous pointing of his black bat, descenting from the rafters, the foreboding presence of the crow, his daunting theme music, etc.

I doubt there will be any rafter descending in WWE after the Owen thing, but I like your idea.

Sort of, but with a much different dynamic. Mankind was a fearless psycho who was practically impervious to pain; Sting is a mystical, paranormal figure who rarely speaks, and resides in the black shadows of stoicism. You know how the Undertaker taunts his opponents with white lightning, purple smoke, and bell tolls? Well, Sting would counteract that with black darkness, spontaneous appearances, the ominous pointing of his black bat, descenting from the rafters, the foreboding presence of the crow, his daunting theme music, etc.

I doubt there will be any rafter descending in WWE after the Owen thing, but I like your idea.

I wouldnt be at all surprised if they did the rafter bit again. This is the company where 75% of the booking seems to involve death or rape.

IMO cities like Charlotte, St Louis, Atlanta, etc - no offense but they arent "stand out" to deserve a Mania.

Well, I guess you're right. If that's the case, I hope WWE doesn't go to any of those cities for Wrestlemania or it'll indicate that WWE is financially worse off than they've ever been.

is St. Louis EVER gonna get a Wrestlemania?

is Malta EVER gonna get a Wrestlemania. . . or PPV . . . or House Show for that matter.

I think that if booked right -- and that's a BIG IF considering WWE's shitty creative team -- Sting vs. Austin/Undertaker/Rock or Austin vs. Goldberg has a chance to sell out the Silverdome or Ford Field. I would prefer Sting vs. Undertaker, though. Both characters are mysterious and paranormal. I could see Sting torment Undertaker for a year -- like he did with Hogan -- leading to the Mania encounter.

Will never happen. There was talk about Sting coming in after the Invasion, but if anything, Sting will work for TNA now.

I wouldnt be at all surprised if they did the rafter bit again. This is the company where 75% of the booking seems to involve death or rape.

And considering the fact that the writers dont know the history of the company.

Guest *KNK*
Will never happen. There was talk about Sting coming in after the Invasion, but if anything, Sting will work for TNA now.

Except for that time where Sting and Rock were in dicussions to work a program for WM21 and fell apart because of Vince's hard-on for JBL/Rock. Which Rock refused to do.

Sting hasn't touched TNA in over 18 months. That relationship is dead.

Sting is only working with his church and camp duties and the numerous public appearences and the occasional booking.

Except for that time where Sting and Rock were in dicussions to work a program for WM21 and fell apart because of Vince's hard-on for JBL/Rock.  Which Rock refused to do.

Sting is only working with his church and camp duties and the numerous public appearences and the occasional booking.

Werent those rumours dead though of Sting/Rock? JBL/Rock would have be cool. Why did Rock refuse it.

I know, but he pops in when you least expect.

Sting/Michaels is a match Id want to see.

Guest *KNK*
Except for that time where Sting and Rock were in dicussions to work a program for WM21 and fell apart because of Vince's hard-on for JBL/Rock.  Which Rock refused to do.

Werent those rumours dead though of Sting/Rock? JBL/Rock would have be cool. Why did Rock refuse it.

I know, but he pops in when you least expect.

Sting/Michaels is a match Id want to see.

Rock didnt see the point in putting over JBL or going over JBL.

Rock figured he was best used for "DREAM" matches that doesn't jeoparize the rest of the roster. He had alot of ideas for the program, hoping to use an old school memphis style for it but it didn't plan out and the contract expired, although they have kissed and made up since (not sure, if he signed a new contract however)

The "rumor" was dead because Vince wouldn't do. They did try to get Sting before this, I believe before WMXIX for what, Im not sure and apprently were close but it fell through.

Rock didnt see the point in putting over JBL or going over JBL.

Rock figured he was best used for "DREAM" matches that doesn't jeoparize the rest of the roster.  He had alot of ideas for the program, hoping to use an old school memphis style for it but it didn't plan out and the contract expired, although they have kissed and made up since (not sure, if he signed a new contract however)

The "rumor" was dead because Vince wouldn't do. They did try to get Sting before this, I believe before WMXIX for what, Im not sure and apprently were close but it fell through.

Making JBL into a bigger star maybe if he got a win over The Rock? :huh:

I think they have a verbal agreement.

Detroit is the one city I've ever been in that I was legitimately scared to walk around in.  Maybe it was just the area around the Greyhound station that was bad, though (I had a 2 hour layover).

Haha, are you serious you mean the Greyhound station that is across the street from a huge ass Michigan State Police building. And right up the street but not one but two federal buildings. That part of town is one of the safer parts of the downtown area with all the security around there. Go towards Dearborn on Michigan Ave. at about and you will see way scarier shit. And I will say this, pretty much about 90% of Downtown is no worse than any other city, its the neighborhoods within the city that actually scare the fuck out of me. Getting back to Mania 23, for all intents and purposes they can probably fit in 67,000+ seeing as people who havent watched in years will go just because of nostalgia. Older people who are 25+ are already talking about going if it is in Detroit, and these people honestly are the types who might watch Wrestlemania or if some old legend is on. Vince and CO. should not have any problems selling out Ford Field with halfway decent angles and enough nostalgic value but not too much where it overshadows the current product

Guest MugumboMcgee

Mania 23 should be the new Wembley stadium in England or somewhere in Canada.

"Forbes" Field (in reality Ford but you're now the 2nd person I've seen call it that in a week, the first being Meltzer) also has a roof and I suspect it will be closed. I'm not even sure that it opens (I don't think it does, I've only been there once and it did not appear retractable... people who watch football o na regular basis might know better though).

I thought the psudo-outdoor look of WMXIX was super.

Off topic, but kinda on topic, the last time I watched the show it sounded like I could hear a train during some of the matches. I beleive someone I spoke with on IRC explained that whole deal to me but it's kinda weird to hear during a wrestling match.

roof was closed.

That's only half-right. The roof WAS on Safeco, but that's not a lid that seals the top of the stadium, like the SkyDome. Safeco's roof is like a canopy. It's like standing under a giant pavilion.

Yeah I was going to say it certainly wasnt in a "closed" environment in the least - I was there live and it was basically an outdoor show for the most part.

Finally they're going for one of the new cool rectangular indoor stadiums now, like Ford Field, Reliant Stadium, the Jets stadium that got axed I believe, etc.

Well, I think if they are going to Ford Field the only possible match that can generate Hogan/Andre type heat is Hogan/Austin. They would have to slow build that from NOW just as rumblings were going around for Hogan/Andre in '85-'86 and the company waited for the SilverDome to have the match.

I think they need to build John Cena up more as champion as well to help draw the newer fans. They will have to bring back The Rock and use him in a real match. This is long term thinking here, but what do many think of this? Some of this obviously won't happen, but I think this would be the only way to really upstage the legend of WM 3 in Detroit.

Main Attraction

REAL RETIREMENT MATCH(obvious problem is no one would by it being either man's last match)

Hogan vs. Austin

WWE Title

John Cena finally drops the title after a 2 year reign. I can see the face cringing through the computer, but this would be the only thing similar to Hogan/Andre's title match and long term impact("15 years" undefeated against 3 year title reign). I would perhaps have Rock FINALLY win a damn title match at Mania here.

OR

Rock vs. Shawn Michaels

They will need to build up John Cena for the newer fans and really hype the hell out of Hogan and Austin's fanbase, while bringing back The Rock's fanbase. This is the only way I can see them even coming close to WM 3's drawing power and this is being rather generous. Or perhaps they will end the brand split by then. Brock would help if he ever came back and delivered on the potential everyone sees in him. I mean Vince must have thought this guy really was the Next big thing the way he got pushed in 2002.