TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Pink is NOT the new black

I don't care who says it, but pink is not the new black.

I just saw a dude wearing a pink headband and then a gray Paul Pierce jersey over a PINK t-shirt.

It's just fruity.

Guest TheDon

Quit bitching. You are just jealous because pink doesn't look good on you. You have to have IT to sport IT.

The whole idea is ridiculous. I remember when my gay cousin first told me about this; I can't understand how it works. Did some fashion designer just suddenly decide one day that pink was now manlier then black? And why the fuck did he think people would listen to him? And why DID people listen to him?

Guest Fishyswa

Flowers, vagina's and cotton candy are pink. Men clearly were not meant to wear the color.

Guest wildpegasus

Pink and black go well together as evidenced by the Hitman but I don't think it would work that well outside of the ring.

The whole idea is ridiculous. I remember when my gay cousin first told me about this; I can't understand how it works. Did some fashion designer just suddenly decide one day that pink was now manlier then black? And why the fuck did he think people would listen to him? And why DID people listen to him?

Actually, there's an international group of designers, economists, etc. that do a shit load of studying to "forecast" what colours are going to be "in" for the next little while. Everyone from clothing companies to car companies go to them for this sort of research.

I was at a conference during a branding study and it was one of the main discussions on the floor, as one of the top reps of this "colour consortium" was there to do a speech. He went on to say that pink was going to be "in" for at least 8 more years. That was last year, so I guess we have 7 more of this bullshit. [and after that it's supposedly going to be "latino" colours that will be the big shit, ie: green, yellow, red, etc.]

Yes, I am a stereotypical male, and I hate pink. Mostly because at the company I was working at for the past 5 years had a pink logo and it was a fucking bitch to reproduce into any sort of print or web design. The colour consortium guy said we were very "lucky" to have that logo. I wanted to punch him in the throat. ARGH!

Sorry, got a little ranty there... :lol:

I should also add girls like it. I'ts been my favourite colour for ages, and pink and black is just great. I don't go out looking like Bret Hart or anything, but a black suit with a pink shirt is awesome. Works with a grey suit too.

Every guy I've ever met that wore pink was either a faggoty-ass fratboy, an actual homosexual male, or pussy-ass emokids.

...which is why I had a friend write "EMO KIDS FUCK OFF" on my back with a pink sharpie yesterday at Warped Tour.

Guest Fishyswa

Girls like pink so that's a reason to wear it? Girls like painted finger-nails, skirts and lacey underwear. Should we wear those too?

Girls like cock, if you have enough of that what color you wear is irrelevant.

Every guy I've ever met that wore pink was either a faggoty-ass fratboy, an actual homosexual male, or pussy-ass emokids.

...which is why I had a friend write "EMO KIDS FUCK OFF" on my back with a pink sharpie yesterday at Warped Tour.

26.jpg

Fuck you all. It's awesome.

But I'd never wear it.