TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

My AWA

Lately I've been wanting to do something with the past so I decided to do AWA in 1989 with EWR. Now I have the worst roster of the big 4: WWF,NWA,USWA,AWA. I started with a really sucky AWA. The AWA had lost a lot of there big guys and they were a big sinking ship. Now I have some questions cause I want to do this right:

- Who is Kokina Maximus? He seems to be over with the crowd a lot and he's a crappy brawler. He's one of my main eventers because he's so over but I don't know the damn guy.

- Who's Leo Burke?

- I decided to part ways with Baron Van Raschke. The man did a lot for the AWA but I feel he's way too old and he isn't a good wrestler either. Now the question is, who should I build the AWA around?

AWA Champions:

AWA World Heavyweight Title: Vacant (I'll do a big tournament, right now I'm leaning to Larry Zbyszko to get the belt cause he's over, has charisma and he's solid in the ring but you can convince me otherwise)

AWA World Tag Titles: Bad Company (Pat Tanaka and Paul Diamond. I don't like this, I need to get used to the Tag belts being almost as important as the World Title. Especially Tanaka is really over and he's one of my best wrestlers, he should be gunning for the top belt, help me out here)

AWA Television Title: Greg Gagne (He's over but sucks in the ring and he's not good on the mic either. I'll have someone like Mike Enos take the belt from him)

======

If you want my roster I'll show you, I got some guys from other promotions as well. I got them to wrestle for me (examples: Dustin Rhodes, Eric Embry (really over guy), Chris Chavis). I also made a development camp called AWA: Texas and I've got guys like Lance Idol, Tim Horner, Robbie V and Bradshaw in the camp. I'll keep you updated as I go along, trying to bring AWA to the top.

Yeah that's probably right cause his finisher is the Bonsai Drop, but he's 30 in the game and I thought Yokozuna was pretty young when he became WWF Champ and all.

Also I'm one day away and already I have lost Steven Regal to the NWA, they signed him to a written contract. NWA also signed Bob Backlund but he wouldn't have signed with my anyways. I lost Sgt Slaughter to the WWF, well who gives a shit, the man wanted far too much money.

I have one TV show, but they don't like me doing any risky shit. I send promo tapes to UPN, hopefully I'll get another show. I'm doing a big show at the end of the month called AWA Rebirth.

You sure it's Steven Regal and not Steve Regal? Cause I've made that mistake before.

Also good luck getting a show on a network that won't broadcast for another six years.

Lol yeah I know man, but the network is in the game so who gives a shit. Is there a difference between Steve Regal and Steven? But it's Steven and he's young and has a lot of charisma, so it's William yeah.

AWA Rebirth:

Dark Match

Tommy Jammer d. Black Tiger

(54)

Larry Zbyszko (Heel) d. Wahoo McDaniel (Face), by cheating

(71)

Interview with 'Fabulous' Eric Embry, he says it's time for a change and he's taking the TV Title from Greg Gagne soon

(85)

AWA Tag Team Titles

Olympians (Brad Rheingans & Ken Patera) drew Bad Company © (Pat Tanaka & Paul Diamond) in a Double DQ, so Bad Company retain the AWA Tag Titles

(68)

AWA Television Title

Greg Gagne © d. Arnold Leipheimer (some unknown guy turned in a Harsh German), by making Leipheimer tap out to the Sleeper

(62)

Interview with Stunning Steve Austin. Austin said he's coming to the AWA to make an impact.

(84)

Wayne The Rock (new big friendly guy, AWA's version of Andre The Giant, only then better in the ring) d. Kokina Maximus when two monsters collided, he won with the Rocky Bomb

(65)

Interview with The Texas Cowboys, Dustin Rhodes and Billy Joe Travis, and they have come to the AWA to dominate the Tag Division

(69)

AWA World Title

Larry Zbyszko d. Wayne The Rock to become the NEW AWA World Champion with help from Pat Tanaka and Paul Diamond

(72)

=====

Any thoughts on my first show and immediately a PPV as well? I decided to go with Larry as the new AWA Champ, Greg Gagne didn't drop the AWA TV Title immediately and he won't because it needs build-up and the AWA Tag Titles are still with Bad Company. I debuted some new guys and they got over well with the fans so I'm looking forward to what's coming next. Any suggestions, comments?

You shouldn't be too bummed about losing Regal ... his 15 minutes of fame were beating the Road Warriors for the tag belts in like 1986 (with Jimmy Garvin) and he wasn't that over even then ... 3 years later he was basically a glorified heel jobber.

Is it possible you could provide the roster ... it'd be easier to offer suggestions if we knew what you had to work with.

Nice a AWA mark, I almost know nothing bout AWA. It's William Regal, the guy we have in the WWE today, but he was called Steven Regal, so he's a big talent, that's why I was bummed they snatched him away from me while I just got him. I wondered why I had Dallas Page and I just found out he was the manager of Bad Company. Any more details you could give me?

I'll give a roster later, I'm a bit busy now.

Are you sure it's the Regal that's still active? I have memories of the Regal (from Garvin & Regal) leaving the AWA for the NWA... he was a light heavyweight that had no aerial abilities. I don't remember the Regal that we now know ever being in the AWA.

EDIT: Just saw the DDP question. He wasn't jacked at all, he was an average sized heel manager. The only people that he managed (that I remember) were Badd Company, who were a pretty acceptable tag team. They ran an angle where he screwed over Don Muraco in the battle royal that Zbyszko won for the vacant title, but that was pretty much an Apter mag creation more than a worthwhile angle, I think.

Regal that is still active, and he was never in the AWA that's true, I signed him because he's good and a free agent. I'll give you my roster but remember I made a lot of changes:

AWA Roster:

Al Snow (Young and a good jobber)

Arnold Leipheimer (Gimmick: Harsh German)

Billy Joe Travis (Gimmick: Cowboy, new tag team with Dustin Rhodes)

Black Tiger (now known as Eddie Guerrero, jobber)

Brad Rheingans (currently tagging with Ken Patera as the Olympians)

Bradshaw (AWA:Texas)

Chris Chavis (also known as Tatanka)

Dallas Page (Manager, gimmick: cool)

Dustin Rhodes (Cowboy)

Eric Embry (after one PPV he might be my most over guy, Heel, gimmick: egomaniac)

Greg Gagne (old but over, gimmick: Old School Face)

Jeff Warner (AWA:Texas)

Jerry Lynn (Heel, Midcarder, he was in AWA already)

Johnny Smith (haven't debuted him yet but he's a good addition I think)

Ken Patera (tagging with Brad)

Jonny Vegas (AWA:Texas, also known as Kevin Nash/Diesel)

Kokina Maximus (also known as Yokozuna)

Konnan the Barbarian (it's Konnan from 3 Live-Kru, will probably change his name and gimmick, suggestion?)

Lance Idol (AWA:Texas)

Larry Zbyszko (AWA World Champ)

Madusa (No use..)

Mike Enos (tagging with Wayne Bloom)

Mr. Saito (WHO?)

Pat Tanaka (tagging with Paul Diamond, gimmick: cocky)

Paul Diamond (same as Tanaka)

Paul Levesque (AWA:Texas....Triple H)

Robbie V (AWA:Texas)

Stunning Steve Austin (GREAT free agent, charisma, wrestling ability, the whole package, Heel, gimmick: Chosen One)

The Night Stalker (Gimmick: Weirdo, also known as I think Bryan Clark)

The Trooper (Gimmick: Armed Forces, Face, he's like Sgt Slaughter I think)

Tim Horner (AWA:Texas, got canned by WWF)

Tommy Jammer (is this Dreamer? Tweener)

Wahoo McDaniel (Gimmick: Native American, big Face)

Wayne Bloom (tagging with Enos)

Wayne The Rock (Big Friendly Giant)

======

Remember this is 1989 when the had lost many wrestlers.

Are you sure it's the Regal that's still active?  I have memories of the Regal (from Garvin & Regal) leaving the AWA for the NWA... he was a light heavyweight that had no aerial abilities.  I don't remember the Regal that we now know ever being in the AWA.

EDIT: Just saw the DDP question.  He wasn't jacked at all, he was an average sized heel manager.  The only people that he managed (that I remember) were Badd Company, who were a pretty acceptable tag team.  They ran an angle where he screwed over Don Muraco in the battle royal that Zbyszko won for the vacant title, but that was pretty much an Apter mag creation more than a worthwhile angle, I think.

Steve Regal and Steven (William ) Regal are no tthe same person. The Steve Regal in AWA as NL5XSK1 said, was a jobber after a short successful tag title stint.

Big problem as I go along. I'm going head to head on Saturdays with my TV show against like 6 other wrestling shows, the biggest one being Superstars. I got a rating of 0.11 which is reallly bad and they said they want me to improve, but I know I can't compete with WWF. So I asked for another time slot and now I'm on TV at Graveyard which means I have to compete with only UWA TV, we will crush them, BUT we won't have as much air-time as we had at the Early Evening slot, so I have mixed feelings about this. For the people wondering, I'm using EWR to play all of this. Also, do you guys want me to post the AWA TV results as well?

All the versions my friend. You need to find 1989 DATA which contains the federations and wrestlers from that period and then copy that data into EWR Data folder and you can play in 1989, just set your clock to 1989 when you start the game so it's actually 1989, then set it back and there ya go, back in the past.

Steve Regal and Steven (William ) Regal are no tthe same person.  The Steve Regal in AWA as NL5XSK1 said, was a jobber after a short successful tag title stint.

I think that TAP signed the Regal that we know as a free agent (as in he wasn't in the real AWA but is in TAP's version).

I'd probably push Embry & Austin as the main heels, and the Trooper as the main good guy, and build the federation around them. Embry, for whatever reason, got majorly over in the USWA as a face, and that was after being reasonably over as a heel. Maybe team up Embry & Austin as mentor/protege and then have Austin turn on him, causing a face turn and the main feud. The Trooper is better known as The Patriot, but without a mask.

Mr Saito was an old, pudgy Asian ... he was pretty much a jobber at that point. And, no, I'm pretty sure that Tommy Jammer isn't Dreamer. His name rings a bell, but I can't think of anything that he did worth noting.

Yeah Embry is my most well known guy on the whole roster. Austin and Embry pretty much have the same gimmick so your storyline might work. Problem with Mr Saito is that he's over as a main eventer for some reason. The Trooper as the main Face wrestler....he isn't the main guy at the moment but things change. Larry Zbyszko will need a nice run with the AWA Title first to make it credible. After the AWA Rebirth PPV I think I'll have Larry, Bad Company and Dallas Page in a stable together. Good idea?

Depending on how over Zbyszko is, you might want to keep him solo.

I'd maybe put the future Nash with them, since he probably has the right look for being with Page and is also much bigger than DDP or either member of Badd Company ... he could be a pretty good henchman/bodyguard.

Who's Buck's partner?

Yeah Kevin Nash is one for the future BUT I want the guy in my development camp because he only has charisma, he has almost zero wrestling talent and if he's one for the future he needs to be at least decent.

Should I post AWA Tv Results as well?

Yeah Embry is my most well known guy on the whole roster. Austin and Embry pretty much have the same gimmick so your storyline might work. Problem with Mr Saito is that he's over as a main eventer for some reason. The Trooper as the main Face wrestler....he isn't the main guy at the moment but things change. Larry Zbyszko will need a nice run with the AWA Title first to make it credible. After the AWA Rebirth PPV I think I'll have Larry, Bad Company and Dallas Page in a stable together. Good idea?

I wouldn't put Larry with Bad Company. They wouldn't blend well at all.

Eric Embry can be a big name if you use him right. In the future he runs an angle where he turns face and changes his name to John Tatum

Eric Embry can be a big name if you use him right.  In the future he runs an angle where he turns face and changes his name to John Tatum

Huh? Embry & Tatum are two different people, that look very different from each other. Tatum was the first husband of Missy Hyatt.

Eric Embry can be a big name if you use him right.  In the future he runs an angle where he turns face and changes his name to John Tatum

Huh? Embry & Tatum are two different people, that look very different from each other. Tatum was the first husband of Missy Hyatt.

Yeah, you're right...i dont know why i said John Tatum, it popped into my head for some reason......i just can't remember the correct name that Embry changed his name to. You know what i'm talking about though right?

AWA All-Star Wrestling Results (07-01-1989):

Kokina Maximus d. The Caveman with the Bonsai Drop. Caveman is actually Konnan and he wore a mask, I'll debut him for real later on but now he was just a jobber.

(60)

Interview with the new AWA World Champion Larry Zbyszko. Larry says Bad Company just helped him out at Rebirth because they know I should be Champion and not The Rock, and tonight he's going to show he's the best in a 8 Man Tag Match.

(80)

The Texas Cowboys (Dustin Rhodes and Billy Joe Travis) d. Destruction Crew (Wayne Bloom and Mike Enos) in a impressive debut match with the Double Texas DDT on Enos

(66)

'Stunning' Steve Austin d. Al Snow with the Steve Stunner (Stun Gun), both made their debut in the AWA and the crowd really seemed to dig Austin

(69)

Interview with Eric Embry about Greg Gagne easily retaining the TV Title at Rebirth but Embry is the hottest thing going in the AWA and he's deserves to be the TV Champ.

(85)

AWA Television Title

Greg Gagne © d. Arnold Leipheimer with the Sleeper in a rematch from Rebirth. Leipheimer again didn't get much heat so you might have already seen the last of him. Afterwards Eric Embry attacked Gagne and posed with the TV Title.

(63)

Interview with The Trooper and he says now that Sgt Slaughter is gone it's time for him to step up and give the fans what they want and he's gunning for the AWA Championship!

(74)

8-Man Tag Team Match

Wahoo McDaniel, The Trooper, The Rock and Chris Chavis d. Larry Zbyszko ©, Paul Diamond, Pat Tanaka and Dallas Page in a big 8 Man Tag Match

(90)

======

Rating: 0.11....NOT GOOD! I got moved to a Graveyard slot...

Also should I let Eric Embry win the TV Title fast or take it slow...or just let him lose and then he does something else, maybe Face turn.

I'd say give Embry the TV Title at the next big event you have planned. Have him win it by cheating, and then you can have the big blow off match on a tv show afterwards.

He is some guy I didn't know and of course you couldn't find him because I changed his name to The Rock. First I changed it to Wayne The Rock but I also have Wayne Bloom and Wayne just doesn't sound tough. Now it's just The Rock, but I want a name in front of it so I have my own version of Andre The Giant.

AWA All-Star Wrestling Results (14-01-1989):

The Night Stalker d. Mr.Saito in the opening match of the night. Big upset win by the young Night Stalker, Saito is getting too old for this. Stalker won with the Meltdown.

(59)

AWA Television Title

Greg Gagne © d. Paul Diamond with the Sleeper to retain the title. Afterwards Gagne got ambushed by Eric Embry again.

(66)

The Texas Cowboys (Dustin Rhodes and Billy Joe Travis) d. Jerry Lynn and Johnny Smith with the Double Texas DDT, great match.

(67)

Stunning Steve Austin d. Chris Chavis by cheating. He hit Chavis with the Steve Stunner and then he put his foot on the second rope for leverage.

(71)

AWA World Title

Larry Zbyszko © d. The Trooper d. Wahoo McDaniel d. Kokina Maximus with help from Kokina and Bad Company. It seems Larry is paying these guys to help him out. Larry retained the belt by hitting McDaniel with the Sledgehammer Bomb!

(71)

=====

As you can see I didn't have much air-time and it sucked. BUT I asked for ANOTHER time slot change and they were very happy with the rating we got this time and they have put us in the Late Evening slot which means more air-time and if we get good ratings here as well we might get a Prime Time slot.

We got a 0.69 rating for 'All-Star Wrestling'!

The attendance level was 509 people.

We made $10180 from ticket sales.