TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Alro

Anybody Watching the US Open?

Roddick was bounced last night. After he was broken in the first set, serving for the set , at 5-3, I knew he was done for. Tim Henman was upset, too.

It is hard for me to pick anybody but Federer to win it. Agassi is my sentimental favorite and I'm hoping his back will hold up for one last run.

Anybody else watching?

Poor Andy Roddick. First he doesn't get to use the nickname A-Rod, and now he gets ousted in the 1st round. I always knew he was overrated. The pretty boys usually are.

And it's not like it's not a foregone conclusion that Federer is winning this thing outright. Who can beat him? I personally would like to see him and that new kid Nadal in the finals, but I don't know if the brackets would make that possible.

As for the women's side, as long as one of the Williamses doesn't win it, I'll be happy. And if it's Sharapova, I'll be very happy. Now that's good eatin'! ;)

THe draw is set for a Federer/Nadal final, but I don't think it will happen. Federer should cruise to the championship, as he's got a pretty easy draw. Lleyton Hewitt should be his biggest challenge and he's still gotta be hurting from the ass raping he took from Federer in last year's final. I think Nadal will fall in the 4th round to Thomas Johansson.

I'm going to go ahead and say that Nadal won't get beat by Johansson in the 4th round, as Johansson was upset today in 4 sets. I still don't think Nadal will be playing in the final.

If I had to make a US Open Men's Quarterfinal predictions I'd say:

Roger Federer (Duh) v. David Nalbandian

Lleyton Hewitt v. Jarkko Nieminen

Guillermo Coria v. Robby Ginepri

Andre Agassi v. Tommy Roberdo (Love to see Agassi-Blake)

Ah hell, Women's lets go with:

Maria Sharapova v. Nadia Petrova

Kim Clijsters v. Serena Williams

Justine Henin-Hardenne v. Amelie Mauresmo

Elena Dementieva v. Lindsay Davenport

Good Final 8 for the women's if it happens.

I was in attendance last night for Pierce vs. Henin-Hardenne and was moved up to courtside for Genipri vs. Gasquet. The latter match was amazing, as it was such an evenly matched, back and forth battle.

Super awesome marathon match between Sanguinetti and Srichaphan on Sunday night. Those two 30+ rallies in the fifth set were a sight to see. I'd take that over a Federer match any day of the week.

And I would not be upset if Agassi was ousted by fellow American James Blake. If the torch is to be passed, let it be to this outstanding class act.

As of the ladies, I will be passing on the Pierce/Mauresmo match. Too much mannish pug-fugliness going on there. Mauresmo looks like Anthony Keidis sans tattoos.

I have to miss Agassi/Blake due to class.

The winner of that match is going to the finals. Federer has not been playing to the levels we've seen, but I still that the tournament is a formality.

I also think Federer is taking this tournament, but I'd love to see Agassi nab one final Big-Four Championship, since he's always been a favorite of mine. So obviously I'm rooting for Andre to beat Blake, who I'm indifferent for.

So how are the brackets paired up? Does Andre (if he wins vs. Blake) have a chance of meeting Federer in the finals or before that?

Poor Andy Roddick. First he doesn't get to use the nickname A-Rod, and now he gets ousted in the 1st round. I always knew he was overrated. The pretty boys usually are.

Whats even more pathetic is how American Express built this whole campaign called "Where's Andy's Mojo Now"

While the ads are still running (and poping up on the Net) its funny how the real Andy apparantly did lose his "Mojo"

BWHAHAHA MWHAHAHA HAHAHAHA (does Dr. Evil pinky to lips thing)

Federer dropped a set last night, proving that he is human. I still think he's taking the title, though.

I would also love to see Agassi win one last Grand Slam before he retires, but Blake has been playing out of his mind. I've got to give the edge to Blake tonight.

Roger Federer v. David Nalbandian

Lleyton Hewitt v. Jarkko Nieminen

Guillermo Coria v. Robby Ginepri

Andre Agassi v. James Blake

That's your quarterfinal matches.

Look for the crowd to be very loud for the Coria-Ginepri match. Ginepri obviously because he's an American, but Coria did not endear himself to the fans based on his last match.

Funny that David Nalbandian is one of the few players who has a positive win/loss record against Federer. He even has a win over him on a previous US Open but on an earlier round. All wins for Nalbandian except the last two times. Should be interesting, although last night's game saw Nalbandian really lacking.

Guest *KNK*

Finally.

Agassi wins a thrilling game over Blake.

That was just fucking fun to watch. Agassi is a fucking god.

Well the US Open obviously would love to see a Federer-Agassi finals. I think Agassi will have a tough challenge against Ginepri, but with Agassi at the majors, you just don't bet against him.

And it looks like Sharapova is about 2 wins away from me eating crow.

I made it home in time to catch the match, but I wrote off Agassi after dropping the first set and going down 4-1 in the second. I wish I would have stayed up and watched (though it would have made me worthless at work today).

I want Agassi to win this one. He needs to go out like Pete did.

No wonder why I love Agassi's playing so much. That match was so fan-fucking-tastic, it had me screaming at my TV set. I was fearing Blake was taking it on 3 sets, but man did Andre rally from behind. I watched the entire tie-breaker standing 2 inches from my TV. Andre is the fucking MAN.

I want Federer vs. Agassi in the finals, dammit!!