TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

Coheed & Cambria

I heard the album was leaked on the net so I decided to get it before buying it, and oh boy this is the best C&C album to date. Unlike the last albums I like every track on this. Solos abound in this album with a consistant pace of tracks.

As for the bad, I still hate this whole gay space jesus story thing that everyone seems to love so much. I wish the band just stopped this whole deep storyline crap and wrote normal songs with the same music.

Not sure if anyone else likes them here but thought I'd post about it.

Coheed's one of my favorite bands out there right now. From the new album, I have only heard the single, but I love it. I'll definitely pick the CD up when it is released on the 20th, and see the band live (again) whenever they come to Anaheim or L.A.

yeah I scooped the tracks and while it sounds somewhat different than their last two albums, I'm loving it. My friends were over and I was playing some tracks and they were all like who are these guys " they are fucking awesome".....This seals it, I'm buckling down and going to the concert on 10/2

I absolutely love their instrument work, but I'm having trouble getting used to their singer's voice. It reminds me of Geddy Lee kind of. Atleast in the song I've heard so far, which is "Welcome Home". Does it sound the same in the rest of the songs?

yeah I scooped the tracks and while it sounds somewhat different than their last two albums, I'm loving it.  My friends were over and I was playing some tracks and they were all like who are these guys " they are fucking awesome".....This seals it, I'm buckling down and going to the concert on 10/2

My friend's going to that, too. He finds a way to bring it up at least once a day.

Hey, I just noticed my city's mentioned in your sig! Hooray ghetto Saginaw.

yeah I scooped the tracks and while it sounds somewhat different than their last two albums, I'm loving it.  My friends were over and I was playing some tracks and they were all like who are these guys " they are fucking awesome".....This seals it, I'm buckling down and going to the concert on 10/2

My friend's going to that, too. He finds a way to bring it up at least once a day.

Hey, I just noticed my city's mentioned in your sig! Hooray ghetto Saginaw.

You are from the Sagnasty....what school did you go to I have tons of friends at U of M from Flint, Saginaw, and Bay City.....like Lamarr Woodley

I went to Arthur Hill, but I went to Middle School with Lamar. Me and him were actually pretty good friends until he went to Saginaw High and became Mr. Superstar. I was also pretty good friends with collegiate burnout Jerome Jackson.

They are bringing in a third guitarist and keyboard (same guy) for the upcoming tour!

Good stuff. The live shows are going to be awesome. I saw them in the warped tour and they played welcome home. It's crazy how dedicated C&C fans are at a live show, they were singing more loudly than Claudio.

I got the album 2 days after release, never having owned a Coheed album, but loving the ones I have heard. The band was also great at the 2004 Warepd Tour.

I must say, I am blown away by Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness (I just had to type that out once. The album is incredible, and has bested The Mars Volta and The White Stripes as my favorite release of 2005.

Actually, it definitely means something.

Do you know the story behind Coheed and Cambria's albums? No? Do you want to? No? Well I have a site for you. See, I was planning to bump this topic for this purpose anyway, but here is a story synopsis of all of Coheed and Cambria's albums up until Good Apollo:

http://www.cobaltandcalcium.com/index.php?...d_cambria_story

The Story of Coheed and Cambria

- Written by: Mark Eberle

Introduction

Before you read the rest of this, I must use the introduction as a disclaimer first, and a reference second. First off I must warn everyone who reads this that past the song Devil In Jersey City no minute details are 100% accurate. Do not take this interpretation of the story as gospel. However, I feel that here I have compiled through common information and looking through the "story so far" thread the most accurate summary of events extending through the end of 2113. This is possible because I have used the interpretations that require the least amount of extrapolation possible, with the most logical links to the story being intact. If you are someone who thinks that either Claudio is trying to mess with us or there is some kind of conspiracy going on, you probably will not like this interpretation. Only facts we have been given are used here. Please feel free to comment and email me, however, do not send me or anyone your theories unless you have something legitimate to add. Don't be like most of the dummies on the message boards and say something like this: "How can Apollo answer the phone in The Ring In Return". These sorts of questions only mess up the people who actually want to have an intelligent discussion.

Have fun and I hope this becomes very informative for new and old fans alike.

* Before you get started, there are a few things you should know:

1) The songs are in sequential order.

2) After each song in italics is the name of the person whose point of view the song is from.

3) There is a list of major characters and some other common misconception-type stuff at the bottom of this page.

Comic Book:

The Bag Online Adventures: The Second Stage Turbine Blade

God created Heaven's Fence and the Keywork, a vast structure of Twelve Sectors and seventy-eight planets, all powered and held in place by giant star-transformers called the Stars of Sirius. Each sector has 7 planets, except Sectors 7 and 12 which have 9 (Sector 12 is the one with Earth). The Fence is in fact those transformers and actual visible beams of light that run through all of the planets. God created three races to live in this world, Mage, Prise, and Man. He gave Mages the right to rule over man, the man the right to live under the safety of the Mages, and he gave Prise the task of guarding the Keywork. He then left and gave a prophecy of when he'd return. A head mage was appointed to each of the Twelve Sectors, but power corrupted them leading them to disputes and wars, and also into manipulating Man as they could. When the Prise tried to intervene the Mages united against the Prise and defeated them. In the end, all of the sectors were put under the rule of Wilhelm Ryan, who would become known as the Supreme Tri-Mage.

Prise and Man realized that they couldn't just overthrow the Mages, so they realized they had to look out for when God would come. The Prise set to this task, and Man was to keep watch over the Mages. However, Man was incapable in many ways of doing so. The Prise, and a few of Man - notably Dr. Leonard Hohenberger, devised a way of watching over Mage. A new type of almost superman was created called the Interceptive Recon Operative (IRO)-Bot. The first three were Cambria (Knowledge), Coheed (Beast), and Jesse (Inferno). Jesse was a clone of Hohenberger himself (obviously with some enhanced capabilities). However, as the Mages are aware of much that goes on in the Keywork, the IRO-Bots were passed off as an anti-terrorist team. In secret though, Hohenberger and his team had come up with an ultimate weapon, the Monstar virus. If triggered, the Beast would be capable of shutting down the Stars of Sirius and bringing about chaos to the Keywork and Ryan's reign. It was more of a scare tactic, a "don't mess with us or you're screwed" type of deal. Unfortunately for Man, the secret was discovered before the KBI team was put into place. Fearing for the safety of his creations, Dr. Hohenberger wrote his team of scientists telling them to erase Coheed and Cambria's memories and to hide them with others, while Jesse was to keep his memories and remain to carry out the plan when ready. It was done, and likely Hohenberger's death was staged to be the result of the Beast going mad and killing him. Coheed and Cambria went off to live their lives, and Jesse disappeared into the unknown, and began to work on his own, creating new IRO-Bot forms to help aid Man. One of these is Chase. The IRO-Bots he has are still children. The reason why Chase was upset at the start of the comic was because Jesse had destroyed one of his IRO-Bots in the making because there was a defect with it. Some twenty years later there's a movement stirring in Sector Twelve. A mage (perhaps the head of that sector) named Mariah is beginning to challenge Ryan's power. She treats man justly as God intended, and she is called the Messiah, and she's slowly but steadily gaining a following. Ryan sees her as a grand threat, but war hasn't broken out yet. Jesse could possibly be working with Mariah.

CD: The Second Stage Turbine Blade

The Second Stage Turbine Blade

"...and with that he gave them this riddle: 'If man decides to dabble in my affairs, then guardian must intervene. But should I decide to bring my change across the face of man with you there to challenge me, then I shall return with the fires of Sirius to destroy all I have made. Whether man or I present that danger will not be told until the coming."

Time Consumer (Coheed)

Coheed and Cambria have lived in ignorance of their past lives and now reside in Sector Eleven. They've had four children: Josephine, Claudio, Maria, and Matthew. Coming out of work one day Coheed is met by Mayo Deftinwolf (seemingly an android, though he was passing himself off for a man) who says he is the general of Ryan's Red Army. He explains to Coheed what he is (as the Mages would see it, a terrorist and a threat to the Keywork). He tells him that the Monstar virus is curable, but that he passed on a mutated strain to his children called the Sinstar. This is supposedly incurable, and the children must be terminated to save the Keywork. He's "nice" enough to leave the nasty deed to Coheed, but says that if it's not done by 2:00 AM the next morning others will see to it that the job is done. He then gives Coheed a case containing poison, and tells him that a car will pick him up at 2:00 AM to take him to a starport. The ship will first fly to the Gloria vel Vessa (a space station that serves as a relay point for planet-to-space to space-to-space travel. Anyway, Coheed returns home (at 21:11) to find Cambria waiting for him (when he bumps into her it_s 21:12). Being the Knowledge, and being tied to the Beast, she overheard what Mayo told him and understands what they must do. However, Josephine has been gone and has not returned since she and Coheed got into a fight and Claudio is being naughty and is out late with his girlfriend Newo. He said he'd return around 1:00 AM, but for some reason he doesn't . . . (score!) Figuring there's not much to be done, they poison the twins, Maria and Matthew. Afterwards, they're picked up by some of Mayo's men.

Mayo's plot is to bring Coheed to Sector Twelve and to have the virus triggered so that they can shut down that sector's Star of Sirius and effectively remove it from the Keywork and thus eliminate Mariah's little rebellion while showing the other sectors that Wilhelm Ryan is still the boss and that his power is insurmountable.

Devil in Jersey City (Coheed)

On the drive to the starport, Coheed sees some boys on the corner "fucking shit up" and he immediately thinks of Josephine out there, and fears that the soldiers who find her will rape her before her termination. He then falls into a restless sleep and dreams about the soldiers and other freaks taunting her before doing the deed. During this time when he's vulnerable he's infected with the Ciache and upon waking up, seeing Cambria triggers the awakening of the virus, and he falls into a fit. He's the "bleeding bastard" who's "down on the floor." By the end of the song he's burst awake is demanding to be taken home and save Josephine. Being too strong to restrain he breaks out of the car and makes a run for it with Cambria, and Mayo screams after him that "they'll follow you."

Everything Evil (Jesse / Coheed / Cambria)

Mayo sets up Jesse and has him invited to Coheed's house, in part "staging a reenactment". Considering Jesse was a clone of the doctor it would be a reenactment of when Coheed kills the doctor. Mayo is "waiting for everything evil in [Coheed]" to come out (because upon eye contact with Jesse the Monstar evolves). When the fight is happening (between Coheed and Jesse & his men) Josephine walks in and is killed by Coheed accidentally. Josephine then calls out to Jesse while she's dying saying to "come look at what your brother did here he did away with me". Patrick, who came home with Josephine, was also harmed. Later Claudio comes home while Cambria is trying to escape the chaos (with Patrick who is dying) and screams to him "dear Claudio, god damn-it well make it if you believe", not having a lot of time to explain the situation, and they get away. At that point the FBI busts in and tries to capture the lot of them and Coheed and Jesse escape.

Delirium Trigger (Coheed)

Not flinching from the obvious, Coheed's going delirious as the virus begins to take full effect as they're flying through space. And he eventually goes into a rampage around the ship, destroying things and killing people. The song doesn't start with a main character's point of view, it starts with one of the crew of the ship they're on. This man, unfortunately, encounters the Monstar. Coheed passes out, and awakes, coming to his senses a little. Seeing the planet Earth of Sector Twelve out the window helps to clear things up. A phone rings nearby, startling Coheed. Cambria's still with Coheed, but when he was passed out, people began to "do" things to him. Coheed rises up to being the Monstar again. I will say now that Jesse may have accompanied Coheed and Cambria on this little trip. And seeing him come to what he was built for makes him ecstatic and remembers why all this started.

Hearshot Kid Disaster (Coheed / Cambria)

Either in Delirium Trigger, or in this song, or between the two, Sector Twelve is removed from the Keywork when Coheed somehow reaches that Star of Sirius. The scream at the beginning may have something to do with the flies released in the sector to cause confusion. These kill many, including the President, and completely "bury" the area. The beginning may have to do with Wilhelm speaking to Mariah. Mariah, on the other hand, is still searching for a sign that Wilhelm was the one who brought this hell upon Earth. As things have gone against the original plan, and Mayo is in the sector, and the ship he's captain of is having some trouble.

33 (Cambria)

A chase scene, but other than that it's hard to pick up a lot of plot. Basically, Jesse, Cambria and Patrick are just trying to get away from everything.

Junesong Provision (Claudio)

Claudio fled Newo's house as the FBI basically tried to hunt him down, and Claudio's feeling really confused. Claudio returns back to his house, crossing the yellow caution tape of the neglected crime scene and returning to his hiding place. He starts writing Newo a suicide letter, but doesn't finish or send it. In other news, the Gloria vel Vessa is having some problems and is sending out distress signals. Essentially, it goes down. After getting to a stopping point in his letter to Newo, he pockets it and grabs Coheed's gun. No longer able to stand the slight of the yellow tape, the blood, or the white chalk lines, he sets the house on fire and leaves.

Neverender (Claudio)

Claudio watches from a distance as the fire destroys the house, and is in turn, put out by firefighters. He returns to the smoldering ruins, 'here in there after the fire'; burying himself amongst the ashes, gun in hand. His letter to Newo is unfinished, and he tears the bottom half of the paper off and starts a letter to his parents. Depressed and suicidal, he cries himself to sleep cradling his gun, with the letters crumpled in his other hand, tucked against his chest. He's probably having romantic thoughts of living out on his own, constantly on the run and writing to Newo. (The first four tracks in In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth:3 he dreams about, but they really did happen. It's kind of like he had visions of what was happening. He awakes in The Crowing when Ambellina, one of the Prise comes to him.)

Godsend Conspirator (Wilhelm)

This is Wilhelm thinking/talking to Mariah, and he's expressing his frustration at not having killed her. I'm thinking Jesse's conspiring with Mariah now, if he hadn't been earlier (this is at the end of the song). They hide the IRO-Bot children in the floor as they prepare for the battle that will come early in the next album against the Red Army.

IRO-Bot (Unknown)

This is about Jesse, or Hohenberger, and their IRO-Bots. Hohenberger was the "bad boy" though. But the song is about IRO-Bot's strengths, and it deals with Jesse's memories of being in the KBI (which is what I think will be described in the prequel to all of this). But it also deals with what Jesse has now.

CD: In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3

In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 (Jesse / William / Chase)

It's hours before the battle is about to begin. Jesse, in command of Mariah's rebels, is holding out on planet Earth which was lost within the dust clouds caused by the systems Star of Sirius being deactivated. The planet was ravaged by a swarm of bio-enhanced dragonflies carrying poisonous serum. The Red Army has found the hideout however, and is on their way. We start off from the point of view from a young boy, Jesse's "son", William. This boy was created before Chase, yet he is the overlooked child. Jesse favors Chase. Through the wonders of bioengineering he's been gifted with special abilities that put him at a higher intelligence and athletic ability than that of normal men. Others have been created like him, but they were put into various other positions across the Keywork, though now at the dawn of war most were brought to the home of the rebellion, Sector 12. The number of IRO-Bot children is seven. (This comes from the original lyrics, back when the song was called Upper Armories of the Third Deep. "Seven lonely children in the victims' shadow fall entirely grow hungry; victory was all they hoped for. We were one among the fence, one among the fence.")

The rift in the sky is all that remains as a marker of the glorious beam of light, the energy that powered Earth and kept it steady within the Keywork. Jesse's war against the Mages is failing, Jesse is failing, and he's failing at what his own father, Dr. Leonard Hohenberger, had attempted to accomplish. The other IRO-Bot children are left preparing for the war they were made for, lost and confused at what they're creator pre-destined them to do. They mourn the dead of the others on the planet, they're young and innocent. The boy, our hero and the oldest, wonders if they'll all be killed in this battle and lost in the secret that is Earth. The children are called the pioneers. The boy's name is William, and he's been put in charge of the other six. William is the other IRO-Bot seen with Chase in the first SSTB comic.

As the first strike of the Red Army falls like hellfire upon them, Jesse orders his men to get to their battle stations and jackhammers, mounted turrets to help defend. He sees the battle as pretty near hopeless. He knows it was all set in motion by what happened to his brother, Coheed, it's a "sincere message from his heart" (heart being the analogy for "blood machine").

As the attack commences Jesse is sort of paralyzed by a fear inspired awe. He awakes from this trance and moves. He notices that the enemy is trying to keep how they're attacking hidden, and is curious about it. He tells his men not to fire at the enemy yet, they're too far away. But his men break his orders and fire anyway, some flee. William is there as well, and he's jealous of his father's love for Chase, the "youngest one". As they're waiting he asks Jesse if he can be a hero, if he can be buried with honor like the others and not discarded. Jesse just tells him that whatever happens, he'll be better off and out of this hell soon (by dying).

As Jesse turns back to his men after talking to his son, William is overcome with a kind of emotion. He would do anything for his father, to have his father be proud of him. He would kill babies to protect the other children as well. He just wants to hear his father say that he loves him.The other children have certain roles. One's a pilot, another a navigator. One is Mariah's favorite child, and Chase is the vision that bears the gift. She's what Cambria was, the Knowledge, as William is to Coheed the Beast.

It reaches 7:00 and everyone is still in wait wondering what will happen. They're a last plea, kind of a mourning that these things have come to pass. They were all united under Heaven's Fence once, no more. There's a quiet before the storm and everyone lies in wait. Once the guitar picks up and the chorus begins again the battles started and Jesse's screaming out orders for everyone to get back into position.

Cuts Marked in the March of Men (Jesse / Chase)

Jesse's preparing his men to charge forward in a final stand. They're all uneasy, but he asks "Are you ready on my mark?" before giving the signal. The only comforts for his men are their weapons, or being in arms. They know they can't stop what they're facing, but they really have no choice other to surrender and they wish they can kill it. Sometime during this battle he finds that Chase, his "daughter" and necessary for not losing the war, was captured. He tries to call in others to help or something of the sort, but his COM link is broken. So, he turns himself over for Chase. He expects her to be returned back to his side in the exchange, and I assume that's what happened. It doesn't necessarily have to be Jesse, it could be the other boy shown at the beginning of the comic, but for my interpretation it is Jesse.

Three Evils (Embodied in Love and Shadow) (Jesse)

Jesse is being tortured by Mayo, or someone of the Red Army, who are now frustrated with Jesse not talking and giving any hints that they're looking for...and perhaps now the Red Army is demanding to know where the boy shown with Chase is. So the boy ("Picture a young boy in pieces in streets") they're thinking about is Chase's counterpart William and they have written Claudio off for dead already.

The Crowing (Claudio)

Claudio wakes up from his dream (covering IRO-Bot, and the first 4 tracks of IKSSE:3, all of which has actually occurred) and is greeted by Ambellina, one of the Prise, who then explains to him that he is The Crowing, the messiah who brought the only hope to save the earth, and that the Prise wishes her to watch over Claudio.

Blood Red Summer (Claudio / Jesse)

Ambellina directed Claudio to meet with his 'uncle', Jesse, the man he saw in his visions and who is in charge of man's side of the Man and Price's pact (Man watches the Mages, the Prise watches for God). The faint white figures are the visions that Claudio's having, and he's still somewhat confused. I'm guessing Ambellina couldn't explain to Claudio everything that went into the IRO-Bots, but Jesse would be better able to explain it all. The lyrics go back and forth between Jesse and Claudio (the song isn't just from one point of view, I in one case could be Claudio, and in another Jesse. Also, the "sub-lyrics" aren't all Claudio, or all Jesse). The point of view switches back and forth with the main lyrics and the sub ones. Claudio doesn't want to accept what's become his destiny, he is the reluctant hero. Jesse tells him he doesn't need to follow through, that everything could end. Claudio's question to Jesse is similar to this (we're talking about the one where Jesse replies "When the answer that you want is in the question that you state, come what may"). I'm guessing Jesse says to Claudio that he can't tell him everything (a child in keeping secrets from). The "so destined I am to walk among the dark" must mean that Claudio can't just wander freely anymore as if his identity is revealed, he'll be sought for by Mayo and Wilhelm, so everything has to be done in secret or under a sort of alias. The song ends with Claudio basically wishing he never had to deal with this responsibility.

The Camper Velourium (Al The Killer)

Claudio, Newo, Jesse, Chase and Ambellina hire Al to take them to House Atlantic

I: Faint Of Hearts

It's about Al's gun. (Sleep tight my love/gun) Al's a psycho; he's the kind of person who would love his gun. "My wanting just to hold your neck in my arms and feel me squeeze" - The neck is the barrel, squeeze the trigger "The sin that shapes your voice carries my ears this new disease" - The gunshot is his guns voice, and by shooting and killing someone would be the sin. "I'll touch it if you ask me to but how is up to you" - He could touch it by cleaning or caressing it which would be harmless, or he could use it to kill. "With all the words you say... you'll save"- again the words you say are gunshots, and I think Al is a good guy, just crazy, so he could save people with every gunshot. I think this whole song is introducing us to the character Al. This song while saying these almost sexual things about his gun, introduces him to us as an already crazy character, but while looking into his lyrics it almost became apparent to me, that there was some kind of murder, or some kind of killing with this gun that Al regrets. Al knows that he can use this weapon for good, and his gun kind of "taunts" him with this whole notion. While asking if someone took his guns "tongue" or the sound of the actual firing of the gun, Al contemplates why he ever put this weapon away (obviously a prized gun of his, probably a sniper rifle as mentioned in favor house, but more on that later) but as said before every time he looks at this prized weapon, this weapon that the "good eye sniper" is known for it beckons to him, asking him to pick it back up again, but he replies with things like "no I'm not going to give you what you want so if you please", so this whole dilemma is explained, and in the end it comes to a head when you realize he is indeed talking about a gun.

II: Backend of Forever

Al's feelings for Newo and her rebuttal of them, either spoken or unspoken.

III: Al The Killer

An insight into the character of Al.

A Favor House Atlantic (Claudio / Al The Killer)

Al has taken Claudio to House Atlantic to try to kill Wilhelm. They're found out and are being chased by Wilhelm's men. Al was only supposed to drop Claudio off, but Claudio knows he can't do this by himself so he asks Al to help ("Retract the footsteps that brought us to this favor, I wouldn't ask this of you"). Al is an expert marksman and he's providing cover for Claudio to do what he's trying to do ("Good eye sniper/ I'll shoot you run"). Claudio tells Newo that he needs to leave and wont be coming back ("Bye , bye beautiful, don't bother to write"). Wilhelm's guard is coming to get Claudio and he needs to get out of there, and Jesse is apparently mortally wounded in this altercation ("Disturbed by your words and they're calling all cars"). Claudio tells Newo not to write him, it be too hard for her to write and for him to think of her and also dangerous because of his possible whereabouts. I think also the "face step step down/let down" are them breaking up at the end, saying that it's over and it won't be so hard. Claudio now realizes his role as The Crowing as his destiny and realizes the danger in the situation.

The Light And The Glass (Claudio / Newo Ikkin)

We start with Claudio looking in (with his foresight) on Newo writing the letter, saying that there were so many things unsaid, and that even though Newo wasn't supposed to write the letter, this is the way she feels most comfortable and the only way she could talk about her feelings. She uses this pen and paper to "[guide] the words that [she] write", and to say the words that "don't come with ease".

Claudio's heart tugs at him reminding him of the "loves [he] left well", smiles staged in photographs would be almost a taunting term used to represent the lie of Newo and Claudio acting as if it's OK with them to break up and part ways, never to speak again. He talks to himself referring to Newo, thinking of all the times she had left the light on for him (possibly literally like him sneaking over her house or something of that nature), and now rethinks his decision of leaving her the way he did thinking he "might've tripped"

"I'll lay awake for a while", I picture it like in movies where two characters are thinking about each other at the same time, as they reenact something from their past. Claudio staying up later as if he was going to go see her, and just like old times sake she falls asleep to a light on that she left for Claudio.

As for the father being dead line, that has nothing to do with the relationship, but actually like brought up before, I think its Claudio who is now with Chase, hearing Chase crying, in possibly the next room over. He probably overhears someone in the favor house telling Chase that "your father's dead he passed in his sleep" (after his wounding in A Favor House Atlantic).

21:13 (Claudio)

Basically, this is the song Everything Evil from Claudio's point of view.

Additional Information (Stuff I want to set straight)

Major Characters:

Coheed (Beast)**

Cambria (Knowledge)**

Jesse (Inferno)**

Claudio**

Josephine**

Maria**

Matthew**

Chase**

Will (the boy seen with Chase in the SSTB comic)**

Wilhelm Ryan+

Mayo Deftinwolf+

Mariah

Newo Ikkin (Claudio_s girlfriend, or ex- depending on before or after AFHA)

Ambellina (one of the Prise)

Al the Killer (helps Claudio, Newo, Chase, and (?) Ambellina get to House Atlantic)

Apollo (Newo Ikkin's dog)

Dr Hohenberger (creator of Coheed, Cambria, and Jesse)

** All of these characters are IRO-Bots.

+ These are the "bad guys"

The piano theme that plays between songs is to signify a passage of time or a shift in the story. Not necessarily someone falling asleep - ref. end of Everything Evil. Here is the summary of what happens in these themes:

Everything Evil/Delirium Trigger - Setting change

Godsend Conspirator - Claudio falls asleep

The Ring In Return - Passage of time

The Light & The Glass - Setting change and possibly passage of time (transition to next album)

Common Misconceptions/Important Stuff You Should Know: (Chronological Order)

1) Those **s above - they don't lie. ALL of these characters are IRO-Bots.

2a) IRO-Bots are *gasp* NOT actual "robots" the way we think of them. They are more like androids, they are humans with certain qualities we assign to robots, such as being able to be "repaired", but yes they are humans, meaning they live, procreate, feel emotions, and die (although they can be assembled and disassembled).

2b) On the "story so far" thread, someone mentioned the three laws of robots from I, Robot by Isaac Asimov. How this connects has been refuted, but I believe that the three laws do apply. However, because IRO-Bots are not "robots" (see 2a) they "broke all the rules" (IRO-Bot)

3) Jesse (Inferno) is the only one who knows the truth of everything that has happened so far in the story. He dies at the end of The Light & The Glass, NOT before.

4) The Monstar, as far as I can tell, is probably NOT a physical "The Hulk" type transformation. Most likely it just brings out superhuman strength-type abilities.

5) Coheed and Cambria have the Monstar virus, which is then passed down into all their children. However, the virus when passed down (a) genetically changes into a more powerful virus, called the Sinstar, (b) which only needs the carrier to reach the age of 23 in order to activate. ***The (b) part of this particular point has not been confirmed - how dangerous the Sinstar is much debated, since it's verifiability is only through Mayo, who's intentions are malicious***

6) The Monstar virus is not activated until Everything Evil when Coheed makes eye contact with Jesse.

7) Jesse is also A BOXER on the side AKA "The Prize Fighter Inferno"

8) 33 is the name/number of a ship

9) The boy who is with Chase in the SSTB comic is William, or Will as referred to in In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 (the song)

10) Al The Killer is NOT a bad guy. He is a little bizarre, but his only relevance is that he is hired to take Claudio, Newo, and (?) Ambellina to House Atlantic, where he also ends up helping them escape. Whether his character is inherently good or evil has nothing to do with the story.

11) 21:13 is Claudio remembering the events that took place during the song Everything Evil. It is basically that exact song from Claudio's perspective.

12) The Keywork (the Co/Ca "logo") does have geometrical significance to the story. When you look at the Keywork, the triangle is the alignment of the planets. The circles are the seven stars of Sirius, forming the Keywork that keep the planets aligned. This is because of the seven circle theorem. The lines of tangency of the circles perpendicularly bisect the triangle. If you need a picture, see the last post on (http://www.cobaltandcalcium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=194&p=24)

13) Also read the posts on (http://www.cobaltandcalcium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=194&p=29) by "God Knows Youve Lost" and "allLaughtersGone" - I agree with them and they also clear up a lot of misconceptions.

Thanks to YOU if you read all this, proving my hours spent formatting everything just perfectly was not just a waste of time. Also to anyone and everyone who posted on the forums, especially the "story so far" thread, where most of this was copied from. I can't list every single person I borrowed information from, but if you read this and your words are in here, my thanks go out to you more so than anyone else. Finally, thanks to Coheed and Cambria, the band, for making such great music and writing a hell of a story to go with it.

Feel free to contact me with comments or questions at: [email protected]

Browse : About

the band itself

college student essay

the story so far

comic interpretations

cd interpretations

claudio's hints

fun facts

Sports News | Payday Loans | South Carolina Summer Camps | Hotel Directory | Free Ringtones

Copyright © 2005 Tekniska Designs, Cobalt and Calcium, and the authors.