TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest *KNK*

The Gilmore Girls

Guest *KNK*
:( I got caught up in something and completely missed the show tonight. and I hear *HE* is back? Oh man.

Dude, bad night to miss the show. It's awesome so far.

"Is that blood?"

Paul Anka playing dead

Everything so far with HIM is fucking awesome. I'm marking out all over the place.

This show is ridiculously well written. Having Rory move in was a great idea, and having him back to bring her back to the old days is brilliant. Goddamn. This show has a knack for reversing fortunes and paralleling things.

Guest *KNK*

What's great is that even if someone hadn't told me what happened, just by Rudo's post above my previous one, I'd known right away who it was.

"SHE WAS ALL UP IN MY GRILL!"

"Boys are boys, girls are girls"

*Girls all turn and look at him at the same time*

"She went one way, and her knee went another"

"YEAH!"

Rory and Logan EXPLODE. It's amazing how they've managed to keep this theme going for 6 fucking years and still made it fresh and relevant.

"You mean Grandfather"

Oh snap.

Shit. I really want to see Rory and Lorelai reconcile. Like, a lot.

Guest Askewniverse

The "old" Jess would have beat the hell out of Logan. And I would have loved it. Logan was a total dick. The drunk antics at the beginning, the snide remarks to Jess, the bitching at Rory...my dislike for Logan seems to grow every week.

The exchange between Emily and Rory at the end was awesome.

Judging by the preview, next week's episode should be good.

The way Jess toyed with Dean, verbally, is the way he should have approached Logan. The second he made a snide remark, it was over.

I loved how they used Jess to bring Rory back to her senses. It was done in a way that worked. She is in a similar situation he was in - not making the full use of her potential - and back then she was the one telling him to make better use of himself. What Jess told Rory was the perfect thing to get her to wake up from the life she is living. My only problem is that they should have had more time together; Jess needs to be in more episodes than this.

Guest wildpegasus

Great ep. Talking about and watching Glimore Girls at five o'clock in the morning. I love my screwed up sleeping hours and life.

I loved the exchange between Rory and Logan. Fantastic. And Jess turning around and becoming Rory himself was a real neat touch.

Jess was too nice but maybe there was a point to that. I think he may have been trying not to rock the boat right off the bat so he can gradually come into Rory's pants. I don't know.

Richard was gold, the reunion made me happy, Rory at the paper was annoying as fuck.

"Did you call her cell?"

"No, I can't, in addition to all of these other problems I have lost all control of my faculties, OF COURSE I CALLED HER CELL!"

Richard was gold, the reunion made me happy, Rory at the paper was annoying as fuck.

"Did you call her cell?"

"No, I can't, in addition to all of these other problems I have lost all control of my faculties, OF COURSE I CALLED HER CELL!"

Good episode. Pretty uneventful in terms of the drama, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. I like Christopher, but I like Luke more, so until Christopher gets remarried he will be danger and I can't have that.

Michel greeting Rory was gold. I love the out-of-character moments from him, cause you know he wanted Rory back as much as anyone else did.

The stuff with Paris was more formality than anything, but it would have been nice to get a classic Paris moment since everything else was toned down.

The stuff with the notes was good. Kirk does Tai Chi.

This show is amazing in how it parallels things. Luke with Christopher, in this case. And the characters usually come out better for it, understanding what the other went through and junk.

Rory and Lorelai swapping Horror stories was great.

I hope so. I just want her to turn to the screen and start yelling "STOP LAUGHING AT ME!" like Juliette Lewis. I believe sometime soon Richard is going to have a heart attack. Nothing fatal, but enough to shake shit up.

Michel is probably my favorite of the secondary characters, especially after the episode where he was left at Lorelai's while Emily came over. Just reading a magazine, no eye contact, and completely pissing Emily off. It was grand.

Guest wildpegasus

Just watched the 3rd episode of the 6th season.

All I've got to say is what an exchange between Luke and Lorelai towards the end of the show. Brilliant.

Season 5 is coming out on DVD and... IT HAS COMMENTARY!

On one episode!

...with people who are not Lauren Graham or any of the cast.

Still...

COMMENTARY! I have 2 or 3 more episodes left in Season 5, but I might just wait until I get the DVD for Christmas, despite having it already on my harddrive.