TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Epic Reine

What do you do when you get mad at a video game?

NFL2k5 has definitely gotten me really angry...the worst is when I'm winning by like 40 points, everything is goin great, my qb is 19/22, my playcalling is diverse, everything is dynamic, there's now ay they should stop me...and all of a sudden EVERYTHING STOPS WORKING. Oh does that piss me off. Heheh. That's when you just KNOW something fishy is going on.

Tell me about it. I'd be like 24/24 for 350 yards and 4 TDs then in the last quarter all of sudden I'd be 24/50 for 400 yards and 4 TDs and 2 INTs.

I'm really mad at Shaolin Monks. I'm trying to beat co-op mode by myself and I'm stuck on the boss fight against Jade, Kitana & Mileena. They keep attacking the one I'm not controlling. I'm trying to control both, one with each hand, but it's so hard.

I realized after I broke a PS2 controller and had to replace it, that it's stupid to break a piece of electronic equipment because I have no gaming skills.

I finally won. See, this is why it's best to try and try until you finally win. Now I feel happy.

I yell and shout like a five year old normally. These days I get up and stretch my legs for a minute, go downstairs and get a drink for a minute or whatever. I once chucked one of my friend's pads across his living room.

I curse, to which my wife responds with "calm down, it's just a video game", my response to her is "fuck you bitch, you don't udnerstand!!!!!!!!"

the GTA games have probably provided some of my most frustrating video game moments...

I go over to my buddies apartment and he's always getting pissed off over losing his video game. I usually tell him to seek therapy. Seriously, if you get that pissed off over a video game that you break stuff and punch walls..it's time to STOP playing and seek out a new hobby.

I go over to my buddies apartment and he's always getting pissed off over losing his video game. I usually tell him to seek therapy. Seriously, if you get that pissed off over a video game that you break stuff and punch walls..it's time to STOP playing and seek out a new hobby.

Mr. High and Mighty.

Well...he's right you know. Most of you just need to....

Anya....why in the everloving fuck are you trying to beat Shaolin Monks in Co-op mode by yourself?

Guest T®ITEC

Stress and bad things in real life make we want to chill out and be mindless and play a game. When said game frustrates me, everything from before mixes with the frustration of being unable to do something easy because the game has bad AI and my head explodes.

If it's a fighter, I just mumble to myself about how stupid I am if I did something stupid, then play again.

If it's a sports game and I'm playing against one of those lame come-from-behind AIs that make all their shots or complete all their passes when they're behind and beat you by one point, I yell and throw the controller, haha. But I don't play one player games much anymore.

I generally just get more determined to win, and most pissed when my determination leads to more failure.

Perfect example was Event Match 50 in SSB:M. Stupid goddamn fucking hands. Each time I lost, I got more and more determined, and pissed to the point where if I made ONE mistake, I reloaded. Eventually I beat it, and out came the "HAHA MOTHERFUCKERS I JUST KICKED YOUR GODDAMN ASS! WHOOOOO!"

And so on for about twenty minutes.

Anya....why in the everloving fuck are you trying to beat Shaolin Monks in Co-op mode by yourself?

Because there's some co-op only secrets and I couldn't find anyone willing to play a mortal kombat game with me. I got like halfway before finally recruiting a partner.

Guest Coffey

I post about it on a wrestling related internet message forum. :)

When I was little, my brother and I broke all kinds of shit because of video games. Of course, we broke shit without video games too.

I cuss a lot but I do that even when I'm winning.

I just keep playing the game or turn it off.

However, I DID spike my DVD recorder's converter off a couch when a disc was corrupted while recording a show one time (I wanted to see that fucking show!), and the batteries just flew in two different directions. I laughed about it immediately afterwards.

I'm not bad at all anymore, but two years ago I was playing NHL 2k4 playoffs at my girlfriend's (at the time) apartment and I was dominating, and of course the computer goes crazy and catches up, resulting in an Overtime loss via fieldgoal. The whole thing was bullshit, so I picked up the case and through it across the room while screaming gibberish. The case proceeded to go in what seemed like a straight line, slow motion into a new glass ball thing her grandmother just gave her. I couldn't have thrown the case at it more perfectly if I tried.

Needless to say she wasn't too please about it.

No smashing things for me. Controllers cost money so I keep myself from getting to that level. I just swear and give the TV the finger as if it knows I'm doing it.

Guest Trecko

For now, I mostly curse REALLY loud, or punch the shit out of my bed (which I'm gonna stop doing, cause I somehow managed to cut my knuckle while punching it not too long ago). But in the past, I've broken NBA Live 98 in about 3 pieces after slamming it into the floor (literally calmly taking it out the PS, and slamming it into the floor, which looking back now, amuses me), fucking up Madden 2002 by slamming the CD down to the floor, aswell and throwing whatevers within grabbing distance, outside of the controller, since I know, even in my rage, NOT to throw that. I get on some real temper tantrum type shit with it, which is weird simply because I'm laid back as hell for the most part, but I'm also not the type to hold in feelings. It all just...comes out if certain things in a game annoys me.

Guest clockworkraven

Swear. Generally clench the controller a lot tighter for about five seconds. After that, I give up on being pissed off, relax, and go shoot shit up in GTA:SA.

One memoyr stands out for me: Back in the day I was in the underground-cave board in Thunder Blade (or some other helicopter-shoot-everything-in-sight game) on my Genesis and I ran into a stone column for the 12th time or something and yelled "BULLSHIT." My mom came in my room and yelled at me.

However, the worst moment for me came when I was playing Madden '03. I was playing on All-Madden and despite having a 5-7 record (or something like that due to the AI being a cheezy piece of shit) I was still contending for the division. Well, despite knocking out my opponent's QB for the season, their backup lit me up for 400 yards in one half even though I was double-covering 70-rated receivers. After one play I screamed, chucked my controller (destroying it), BIT THE MADDEN '02 PS2 BOX and then threw that across the room.

It was at this moment I looked around and saw my one cat looking at me with his tail puffed out. I then thought "What the fuck is my problem?" Thank god I was the only person in the apartment at the time. I then was introduced to the wonderful world of sliders and ever since then I have been A-OK...