TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

Some Smackdown thoughts

I will readily admit he is probably better than a lot of the other callups lately. I just PERSONALLY don't really get into him as much as others. Personal preference, I guess. It's not a knock on Kennedy or the TSMers who likes him.

Czech, for some reason I just can't remember, Animal was in the ring, maybe promoting his new DVD and somehow could in an arguement with MNM. Anyways, Nitro got on the mic after Melina spoke and asked "You wanna challenge us to a tag match? Oh wait, you can't, because your partner is DEAD!"

It was...something else.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

One of them: "It's gonna be MNM, versus the Road Warriors!"

The other one: "Wait, wait, it can't be, because his partner's dead!"

*They laugh*

Am I the only one who gets those two confused?

While Kennedy's finisher is good, lately it's not set up very realistically, I feel. His first two or three were good, but lately he just walks over to them while they are on the turnbuckle and they climb on his shoulders.

Kennedy Vs Rey was SO WWE Style, basic, plodding....ugh. FInish was contrived and ridiculous. Nice f-up by Rey on the 619 fakeout, getting caught in the ropes. Whoops!

Sharmell has decent mic skills, if anything.

"I was talking to Ken Kennedy and..."

"WHAT!? WHATCHOO TALKIN TO DAT FRUIT BOOTY FOR?"

Hot Nurse was great.

Batista's kick-pad boots rock.

MNM looked like jobbers.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
That No Mercy card looks solid but no Ken Kennedy match?

The only faces left for him to beat, that aren't on the card, are Paul London, Brian Kendrick, Scotty 2 Hotty, and Funaki. He's already beat Funaki twice, and London once.

Kennedy .VS. Kendrick, would be pretty good, I guess.

That must be the first time in a long time, that they've debuted someone as a face. Lashley is cool.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profi...by-lashley.html

Yish, he looks so...generic. He looks no different than Orlando Jordan to me right there. Just bald. :\

:huh:

He's shorter and stockier. Plus he has a legitimate amatuer wrestling background.

Guest deinly1

Kennedy has loads of charisma and mic skills even the Rock or Y2j would envy. I agree that his finisher has been set up poorly since its debut, I can see it coming a mile away when the opponent gets up on the top rope only to either slip or get punched or distracted too easily. (I marked out for the MSG style mic drop)

Lashley is taller that OJ, and probably weighs 70 lbs more. Now that someone mentioned it, he does remind me of the Alpha male Monty Brown. Very powerful BlackLesnar.

Call it intuition , but I see Booker taking the US title only to drop it to Kennedy sometime soon.

I demand LOD 2005 drop the tag titles toi Burchill+Regal. MNM is living in jobberland.

After tonights SD , I feel its been getting a bum rap here at TSM, the roster is strong, prehaps stronger than RAW.

I demand LOD 2005 drop the tag titles toi Burchill+Regal. MNM is living in jobberland.

Burchill and Regal are stuck in a pointless feud with Scotty 2 Hotty and Funaki, currently, and WWE's had Burchill and Regal selling for them WAY too much, so they're not much better off, even though they haven't lost to S2H and Funaki yet.

After tonights SD , I feel its been getting a bum rap here at TSM, the roster is strong, prehaps stronger than RAW.

SD has gotten a "bum rap" because of shit like Eddie/Rey/Dominic from not too long ago, The whole Taker/Ortons feud featuring a mannequin Undertaker in a casket, Eddie being "sick" on this past week's Smackdown featuring a gay doctor that "anal-raped" Eddie Guerrero backstage, Batista squashing one of WWE's few actual tag teams left despite being jobbed out previously anyway, Benoit stuck with Orlando Jordan, etc.

Then there's some minor things like Rey Mysterio's HORRENDOUS "Booyaka 619" theme he has now.

Aside from all of that, though, Smackdown does have a stronger roster, whereas Raw has obviously felt the impact of Jericho not being around anymore with the pushes of Chris Masters, Carlito, and Tomko as of late.

One of them: "It's gonna be MNM, versus the Road Warriors!"

The other one: "Wait, wait, it can't be, because his partner's dead!"

*They laugh*

Am I the only one who gets those two confused?

Mercury has the Matt Hardy-style chops, and Johnny Nitro has the sideburns.

Nitro's the one who said that Hawk was dead in that promo.

Kennedy was a riot on OVW last night, twirling with Dean Hill's goofy mustache and calling Al Snow "Avatar."

I think Smackdown is benefitting from some better callups from OVW. They've gotten Ken Kennedy and now Bobby Lashley and Raw has gotten...Carlito and Masters.

SD has gotten a "bum rap" because of shit like Eddie/Rey/Dominic from not too long ago, The whole Taker/Ortons feud featuring a mannequin Undertaker in a casket, Eddie being "sick" on this past week's Smackdown featuring a gay doctor that "anal-raped" Eddie Guerrero backstage, Batista squashing one of WWE's few actual tag teams left despite being jobbed out previously anyway, Benoit stuck with Orlando Jordan, etc.

Then there's some minor things like Rey Mysterio's HORRENDOUS "Booyaka 619" theme he has now.

Aside from all of that...

Aside from all that? You just described the whole show!

Guest MikeSC
I'm assuming you're in Canada.

That 2 things Canadians will get before Americans do.

What's the other thing?

Universal health care. It'll be at least another 3 years before Americans get that.

Yes, we too can die waiting for sub-par health coverage while our wealthiest citizens fly elsewhere to get actually competent treatment.

Great plan.

What's the other thing?

Universal health care. It'll be at least another 3 years before Americans get that.

Yes, we too can die waiting for sub-par health coverage while our wealthiest citizens fly elsewhere to get actually competent treatment.

Great plan.

Because, as we all know, no American has ever died from inadequate health care or sub par coverage. Great counter-argument.

Guest MikeSC

This is not the place for yet another thrashing of you. And since the idea of a lobotomy is something I choose to avoid, I'll avoid the Parade of Ineptitude that is the CE folder.

Oh, and Batista might be the least compelling WWE champ ever.

What's the other thing?

Great plan.

That's assuming Mother Nature doesn't decide to kill you first. What did you guys to do piss her off anyway?

That's assuming Mother Nature doesn't decide to kill you first. What did you guys to do piss her off anyway?

You have to ask?

This is not the place for yet another thrashing of you. And since the idea of a lobotomy is something I choose to avoid, I'll avoid the Parade of Ineptitude that is the CE folder.

Coward.

What's the other thing?

Great plan.

Well, there was that Captain Planet show...

Guest deinly1

"Burchill and Regal are stuck in a pointless feud with Scotty 2 Hotty and Funaki, currently, and WWE's had Burchill and Regal selling for them WAY too much, so they're not much better off, even though they haven't lost to S2H and Funaki yet."

Couldn't agree more with the fact Burchill is selling Scotty2 Notty's and Foolnaki's offense way too much. I'm of the opinion that WWE is giving Burchill a slower push than with the most recent call-ups such as Masters,Carlito , etc. I can only hope when he is ready for a title shot they will unleash his massive arsenal of moves such as the C4. Fuck man, I know Vince must love Kennedy, but why can he do a rolling samoan off the second rope and Burchill is stuck with armbar finishers which don't even look as if he could break the shoulder or elbow when he applies it. I think putting Burch with Regal is a great move, he will learn alot and absorb some of his best attributes with any luck.

Guest MikeSC

One reason to have him sell a lot is that "monster" gimmicks tend to be self-limiting. GB never was the same after his first loss.