TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BHK

THe OAO Last Raw on Spike TV Thread (09.26.05)

How is Cena bleeding?

Has Shawn gone through many tables since his comeback?

Seriously, I am interested in Homecoming next week

Guest *KNK*
Has Shawn gone through many tables since his comeback?

He went through a few tables in 2002 against Triple H in one hellaciously bad 2/3 falls match...and I believe at Bad Blood 2004.

Guest IttoOgami
If I were WWE, I'd be telling these guys to PACK it in now because they aren't getting an over-run.

Yes they did.

The show ended exactly @ 11:05. Over-Run is anything over that time.

They always end about that time. And they were struggling to fill that time, because I think they thought they would be taken off at 11. The cut back to the announce table was clearly a time waster.

You know, it seemed to me like somone at Spike called the censored and just told them to not worry about WWE pimping their going to USA anymore. It just seemed very weird to me.

Guest IttoOgami
You know, it seemed to me like somone at Spike called the censored and just told them to not worry about WWE pimping their going to USA anymore. It just seemed very weird to me.

When you hit "Dump profanity" you cut delay time. At the point when WWE started getting USA over the air, they could have said ANYTHING and got it over the air.

Make no mistake, the WWE beat Spike at their own game tonight. They took the high road first, and then when Spike got petty they waited them out and beat them.

When you hit "Dump profanity" you cut delay time. At the point when WWE started getting USA over the air, they could have said ANYTHING and got it over the air.

Make no mistake, the WWE beat Spike at their own game tonight. They took the high road first, and then when Spike got petty they waited them out and beat them.

Time Delay is like in radio where they randomly jump ahead in the show because someone was swearing. They were simply muting audio and throwing a "technical difficulty" message over the screen... that doesn't eat into any type of "tape delay" they might of had.

Guest IttoOgami

Time Delay is like in radio where they randomly jump ahead in the show because someone was swearing. They were simply muting audio and throwing a "technical difficulty" message over the screen... that doesn't eat into any type of "tape delay" they might of had.

I'm assuming, if it's anything like radio Raw was probably live on the air for a while (no seven second delay). Once you hit the "dump" button you are basically dumping the "live" feed that is being sent out, and are cutting the delay time down with each bleep.

Basically, they may have run out of bleeps, and anything (including swear words) could have gotten on the air.

So... no you're wrong.

Spike attempted to edit all the on-air references to a move to the USA Network by Raw during tonight's show duringthe first one hour and 40 minutes or so of the show. However, something happened at that point and all three announcers made several references to Raw moving to USA after that point.

Outside North America, in the U.K. specifically, McMahon's remarks aired as is, because there was no conflict with an existing network. We've received conflicting reports from Canada, but it appeared TSN did have the same blank audio spots, even though it didn't involve them, which may simply mean they get the feed from Spike.

WWE also purchased commercial time on several cable systems, most notably in New York, during Raw to note the move to USA.

WWE immediately posted McMahon's unedited interview on its web site. Early in the show, Jonathan Coachman, almost surely being told by McMahon, did what came across as a whiny outrage about censorship, and in the middle, Spike edited him. There were other sound edits, although there is a trick some of the veterans know regarding how to beat the seven second delay (start, pause, go again) that Lawler and Coachman used to get through before Spike apparently relented.

From Meltzer.