TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

The Amazing Race: Family Edition Thread

If this is the only Race this season, it looks like the Emmy streak is stopping at three. The contestants:

The Godlewski Sisters, a team of four sisters from Des Plaines, Illinois.

Michelle, the oldest sister, is 42 years old. Sharon, age 39, works as an insurance claim consultant. Christine, age 37, is a homemaker and mother of four. Tricia, age 26, is the youngest member of the team. All four sisters live within thirty minutes of each other and have traveled extensively together. 

The Weaver Family, a mother and her children from Ormond Beach, Florida.

Linda, age 46, is an elementary school teacher and mother of three who lost her husband and children's father in an accident at Daytona International Speedway nearly two years ago. Rebecca, age 19, is the oldest child. Rachel, age 16, is a junior in high school. Rolly, age 14, says he's running the race for his father. 

The Gaghan Family, a family of four from Glastonbury, Connecticut.

Bill, the father, is 40 years old and works in jet engine sales. Tammy, the mother, is 42 years old and works as a substitute teacher. Billy, age 12, is entering seventh grade. Carissa, age 9, is entering fourth grade. 

The Black Family, a family of four from Woodbridge, Virginia.

Reggie, the father, is a 42-year-old high school teacher. Kim, the mother, is a 40-year-old fifth grade teacher. Kenneth, age 11, is entering sixth grade. At only 8 years old, Austin, the younger son, is the youngest contestant to ever compete in the series. 

The Linz Family, a team of siblings from Cincinnati, Ohio.

Tommy, age 19, is a college student attending Miami University of Ohio. Megan, the only woman on the team, is a 21-year-old college student who also attends Miami University of Ohio. Nick, the oldest team member, is a 24-year-old currently working in sales and living Buffalo, New York. Alex, age 22, recently graduated from the University of Cincinnati and works as an emergency room technician. 

The Rogers Family, a family of four from Shreveport, Louisiana.

Denny, the father, is a 46-year-old who is in the car business. Renee, the mother, is a 42-year-old boutique shop owner who also works as a beauty pageant trainer. Britney, a former Miss Louisiana, graduated from Louisiana State university and currently works in pharmaceutical sales. Brock, age 19, has graduated from high school and is entering college this fall. 

The Schroeder Family, a blended family from New Orleans, Louisiana.

Mark, the father, is a 40-year-old architect. Char, the stepmom, is a 39-year-old public relations director. Stassi, a 17-year-old who is entering her senior year of high school, is Mark's daughter from a previous marriage. Hunter, Mark's son from the same previous marriage, is a 15-year-old who is entering ninth grade this fall. 

The Bransen Father, a father and his three grown daughters from Park Ridge, Illinois.

Lindsay, the youngest daughter, is a 20-year-old Hope College student who is majoring in social work. Walter, the father, is a 51-year-old chief financial officer who has been married for 31 years. Elizabeth, age 25, recently obtained a Master of Social Work degree from the University of Illinois. Lauren, age 22, recently graduated from Hope College with a degree in communications and business management. 

The Aiello Family, a father and his three son-in-laws from Mansfield, Massachusetts.

Tony, the father, is a 57-year-old restaurant consultant and the father of three daughters. Kevin is a 31-year-old father of two who works in public relations and is married to one of Tony's twin daughters. Matt is a 31-year-old corporate project manager who is married to Tony's other twin daughter and also a father of two. David, married to Tony's youngest daughter, is a 26-year-old Rhode Island police officer who spent eight years in the U.S. Marine Corps. 

The Paolo Family, a family of four from Carmel, New York.

Tony, the father, is a 52-year-old Italian immigrant and New York City sanitation worker. DJ, the oldest son, works in title report production. Marion, the mother, is a 52-year-old homemaker who thinks Tony lets his two sons get away with two much. Brian, the couple's other child, is a 16-year-old who is entering his senior year of high school.

And a couple of spoilers:

- The Race was held exclusively in North and Central America. No trips overseas = blah. Although, more Canada = yay.

- The families were apparently all incredibly bland. No villains = blah.

- According to people who've seen the first episode, following forty people around is pretty hard.

This season is going to suck simply for the fact that noone will be offered money for their children in a foreign country. I still have hope that one of the parents loses it and pulls a Jonathan on one of their kids.

I have to agree that the Linz's and Rogers look like the early favorites.

This season is going to suck simply for the fact that noone will be offered money for their children in a foreign country.

Are you implying that couldn't occur in Canada?

This season is going to suck simply for the fact that noone will be offered money for their children in a foreign country.

Are you implying that couldn't occur in Canada?

No, Canada seems to specialize in importing Eastern European and Asian women to be strippers and/or massage parlor "attendants"...

Oh come on..

The Black Family..

thats just..too wrong for me to find funny..but I couldnt stop.

and we have a family from New Orleans..

They should have given them color coded uniforms with the family name on em..that would have helped..

Oh come on..

The Black Family..

thats just..too wrong for me to find funny..but I couldnt stop.

Haha... I'm laughing at it too. Getting a black family to be the Black family? Now that's good TV.

I'm loving how the Black family also gets the vaguely urban music soundtrack half the time.

This wasn't bad, if a bit dull. That family with the useless mother that kept arguing the whole time is REALLY getting on my nerves. .

This might be interesting if the locales are good.

THE GOOD

- The Bransen Girls. Oh my Jesus yes.

- "One, two, three, Black Family!" *hands are thrown into the air like they just don't care*

- Louisiana jailbait causes a Category 5 sidepipe.

- The Frats. "The one in the pigtails?"

- The horrifically accidental but awesome hilariousness that was The Christians getting into the buggy accident.

THE BAD

- NYC. Goddamn I hate them.

- While one of the girls wears pink shorts I find myself loathing The Christians and their Mountain Dew Right Guard Tony Hawk Extreme Son.

Best part was the hot dog vendors (edit: apparently they were Kevin and Drew from season one).

On father-in-law, "He's gonna have a heart attack." Can't argue with that.

On the Bransens (blondes + dad), "I'd like to be on their team". Can't argue there either. Although I'd rather be on last year's Team Not-Lesbians or Team Danish Chicks from the one before, seeing as dad's on Team Bransen.

The Louisiana girls are 17 and 22, so they're legal in most states and provinces.

Team Without... a Clue has gotta go, especially the mother.

Edited by starvenger