TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Yankees-Red Sox Thread

Guest *KNK*

Ugh. We're going to see Yankees/Sox again this fall aren't we?

C'mon Indians, At least extend our hopes for another day.

Guest TheDon

If and thats a big IFFFF the scores hold up today you are going to Need Boston to lose tommorow and the Indians to win.

Guest Biggles

Is anyone else sick and tired of this series? Look, I cannot deny that this weekend is one of the most monumental series in a long while, but in general, I find the media fascination and the different spins on the series tedious. Really, it's two evil empires battling each other framed in a geographic dispute that should concern only the supersized egos, profanities and insecurities of their local fan bases.

This is probably a very poor moment for this rant, but here's what I mean - look at the lineups:

New York Boston

Jeter - Farmhand Damon - Free Agent via KC, OAK

A-Rod - Free Agent via TX, SEA Renteria - Free Agent via STL

Giambi - Free Agent via OAK Ortiz - Free Agent via MIN

Sheffield - Free Agent via Ramirez - Free Agent via CLE

Matsui - Free Agent via Japan Millar - Free Agent via FLA

Cano - Farmhand Mueller - Free Agent via ...

Martinez - Free Agent via SEA Varitek - Farmhand

Williams - Farmhand Nixon - Farmhand

Posada - Farmhand Graffanino - Free Agent via ...

Johnson - Free Agent via AZ Schilling - Free Agent via AZ

With rare exception, starting pitching for both clubs was bought from less fortunate teams. Stop painting Boston as any different than NY. In fact, I'd say they are worse parasites than the Yanks.

Silly me, I thought the score was the only thing that truly mattered at the end of the day. I suppose you guys would prefer to be the ones down 7-3 if it meant having an expanded strikezone for your pitchers?

Guest *KNK*

Aaron Bleeping Boone knocked in a RBI single and followed that up by getting in for a run off the next hit.

Congrats to the Boston Red Sox for winning the AL east.  I do not trust the Yankees especially after last years ending.  I personally want to thank Jorge Posada for striking out with the bases loaded with one out and for grounding out with runners at 2nd and 3rd with one out.  Congrats to your AL east champion Red Sox.

So, I've just heard the Yankees have won the East, even though they are one game up with one game left to play. How is that possible?

So, I've just heard the Yankees have won the East, even though they are one game up with one game left to play. How is that possible?

The Yankees have 95 wins. Only the Sox can catch them, and not the Indians. If the Yankees and Red Sox end up tied, there is no possibility the Indians would match them, so both teams would advance to the playoffs. The team with the better head to head matchup would win the division, and the Yankees clinched that.

Guest TheDon

Al I hope you know I wrote that to Jinx the Red Sox. Have you ever even heard of sarcasm???? Congrats to the Yankees for making it to the Playoffs for the 11th straight season and for the 8th straight AL east title.

I just assumed that if the Sox and Yankees finished tied, they'd have a playoff to see who won the division. It doesn't seem right to see the Yankees celebrating about winning their 8th straight division championship when the Sox could finish tied with them. When the Giants and Dodgers had their playoff games in the 50s and 60s, it didn't matter who won the season series. And I'm not biased as a Sox fan, I could care less what team it was, it just seems weird.

I just assumed that if the Sox and Yankees finished tied, they'd have a playoff to see who won the division. It doesn't seem right to see the Yankees celebrating about winning their 8th straight division championship when the Sox could finish tied with them. When the Giants and Dodgers had their playoff games in the 50s and 60s, it didn't matter who won the season series. And I'm not biased as a Sox fan, I could care less what team it was, it just seems weird.

Nah, what would have been weird was the 1st tiebreaker going out the window if all three teams had the same record, resulting in TWO one game playoffs. The way it actually shook down is completely logical and normal.

Sox only have themselves to blame for this one. It isn't a 1978-level choke, but not winning a single H2H series against the Yankees in the second half (unless there was one between the 4-game after the ASB and the last one at Yankee Stadium I'm forgetting) led to this.

But, honestly, why the fuck start Millar? I like how Buck said "With Millar, Francona sacrifices defense...." and never finished the thought because he probably couldn't think of anything Millar brings to the table. Power? Uh-uh Production? Only 50 RBIs Speed? HA!

Guest TheDon
TheDon is still around...why? Didn't his ass get warned repeatedly?

You make it sound like I am the only person who comes on here to complain. Nice to see you waste a post that is completely off topic just so you can troll.

Back on topic. Final game of the series is Jaret Wright vrs Schilling tommorow at 2 p.m.

TheDon is the only one who comes in here to chronically lay down some of the most asinine complaints among anyone. This week's highlights included the request to have someone hanged and congragulating the Red Sox for winning the AL East the day before they lost it.

Guest TheDon

Wow you people take me far too seriously. Wow it's an internet message board relax. So what lineup does everybody think the Yankees are going to throw out tommorow. The a lineup or the b lineup.