TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Brock to compete in New Japan

Will this allow NJPW to break into the U.S. market at all, or will WWE make sure in their settlement with Brock he can't appear in the u.s. at all?

When was the last time an american wrestler was a serious contender for their title? (I'm not up on puro at all, I'm just curious)

Will this allow NJPW to break into the U.S. market at all, or will WWE make sure in their settlement with Brock he can't appear in the u.s. at all?

When was the last time an american wrestler was a serious contender for their title? (I'm not up on puro at all, I'm just curious)

2004, Bob Sapp. That doesn't really count though, since he's only a mega star in Japan, and doesn't have much of a name in the US. The last somewhat well known US wrestler to have the title was Scott Norton, and he never drew a dime in the US. Brock might get some casual US wrestling fans to watch NJ tried to expand into this market, but other than that, they'd only be drawing the hardcores. That might get them an ECW level following, but nothing past that.

brocklesnar.jpg

Brock Lesnar has landed in Japan for talks with New Japan officials ahead of the promotion’s huge Tokyo Dome show which takes place a week today (October 8). As you can see, Lesnar is sporting a new look and appears to be in good shape. Whether he’s in ring condition remains to be seen.

The show next Saturday sees Lesnar involved in a Triple Threat match for the IWGP Heavyweight Title along with Kazuyuki Fujita and Masa Chono. Former WWE stars Charlie Haas, Matt Morgan and Mark Jindrak are also scheduled to be on the card.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Anyone know the details of the no compete clause now?

I'm sure he's free to wrestle in Japan and thats about it.

Guest clockworkraven

Sometime soon, there's going to be another post made about the actual news content of this post other than the one by CarnivalizComing. It's just that the tattoo was that bad an idea.

I figured that was supposed to be Batista? They're going to keep trying?

Batista was never an All American wrestler. Brock was. As was Lashley. There is more in common between Lashley and Brock than Brock and Batista.

Guest *KNK*

There's more to this story then the tattoo but apparently, that's all that matters right?

Guest clockworkraven
Sometime soon, there's going to be another post made about the actual news content of this post other than the one by CarnivalizComing. It's just that the tattoo was that bad an idea.

What else is there to actually talk about? The documents relating to his release are sealed. It's likely he will win the IWGP title at some point, even though the promotion is in decline. We have no clue as to his ability to perform pro wrestling right now since it has been a fair while since he has tried. He has changed his image and that is the most noticable thing to address seeing as there is little to no chance of us finding anything else out in the immediate future regarding NJPW's plans for him or the direction Brock wants to go in.

What else is there to actually talk about? The documents relating to his release are sealed. It's likely he will win the IWGP title at some point, even though the promotion is in decline. We have no clue as to his ability to perform pro wrestling right now since it has been a fair while since he has tried. He has changed his image and that is the most noticable thing to address seeing as there is little to no chance of us finding anything else out in the immediate future regarding NJPW's plans for him or the direction Brock wants to go in.

What else is there to actually talk about?

How about what Brock could do in New Japan, seeing as how it looks almost certain he is wrestling there? How about what this means to anyone else in the future who wants a release from WWE while under contract? How about what this means is the actual strength of the non-complete clauses in WWE contracts, as opposed to their perceived strength. There is a lot to talk about here, if people were able or willing to use their brains. I know that's a tall order for a lot of people around here, but give it a try.

The documents relating to his release are sealed.

That doesn't stop the people who have common sense from using it. Assuming Brock has obtained some kind of release from WWE, it's logical to conclude it allows him to compete in Japan, and just as logical to conclude that, given how WWE feels, it precludes Brock wrestling in North America.

We have no clue as to his ability to perform pro wrestling right now since it has been a fair while since he has tried.

Common sense says he'll be rusty to some degree. That much should be obvious.

...seeing as there is little to no chance of us finding anything else out in the immediate future regarding NJPW's plans for him or the direction Brock wants to go in.

Assuming Brock is wrestling in New Japan beyond the Dome event and is there for any length of time, and that you yourself have said New Japan is in decline, is it really that hard to work out what New Japan's plans for Brock would be? Really, is it?

This thread belongs in the Other Promotions folder, because it deals with Brock wrestling in a promotion that isn't WWE.

All the fluff has been removed. Let's make sure it stays that way.

Like I said, I have a feeling they will have Brock win the belt by beating Fujita then have Chono beat Lesnar for it.

The only logical finish is Fujita pinning Chono. If Lesnar is in for more than one date is it would seem, then they need to end the event with Fujita and Lesnar squaring off to build up to their singles match, which should headline the Dome in January.

I hope so. I don't really want to see Chono try to exercise ego over profitability. Interestingly, Brock debuts for NJ on my birthday. I liked your idea, HTQ, of having Tanahashi be built to be the guy to take the belt from Lesnar if Brock sticks around for a while.

Guest *KNK*

Just curious, Why did they decide to debut him in a 3 Way of that level as opposed to a singles match where he can squash a semi-big name and go over?

I understand that he's clearly rusty but he can't be too rusty to do a squash...