TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Czech Republic

I can't pick which WS outcome I dread most!

Can you?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Can you?

• Cardinals & White Sox: North Side Suicide
    • Cardinals & Red Sox: Same Fucking Thing
    • Yankees & Braves: Same Fucking Thing, 90s Edition
    • Padres & Anybody: COME ON, THE PADRES
    • Astros & Anybody: ShutthefuckupabouttheKillerB'sJeannieZelaskoI'llstickmycockinyourthroatifithastocometothat
    • Unlisted outcome
    • Any outcome

There isn't a single WS scenario that I could hate, honestly. I have absolutely no emotional attachement to any team in the postseason this year. But October baseball is always exciting so I'll be there.

I'm just happy my team won't be able to collapse in October for like the 5th year in a row and that neither LA or Oakland is in the playoffs.

Well that's the thing. I appreciate good baseball and all, but man, all three of the North Siders' rivals are in this thing with good shots to win it all.

I'd probably watch the WS if the Yanks were in, just to root against them.

Astros v. Yankees is death though. That'd be almost as bad as Yankees v. Fish from 2003.

Actually, Yankees vs. Marlins was pretty cool, if only because of the shocked expressions on the Yanks' faces while walking off the field as the Marlins celebrated.

Something I don't get.

A lot of people like to say how sick they are of seeing or hearing about Yanks/Sox, yet many of those same people seem repulsed at the idea of a WS that doesn't involve one of those two teams.

My vote: Move one of the teams to the National league, that way we can have the same WS EVERY FUCKIN' YEAR, and no one can complain about any of the other 28 teams possibly getting a chance to win anything. That would at least solve my confusion.

Guest Brian

I don't like any of the NL teams. White Sox are my team, though I don't expect them to make it. I can stomach the Angels because of Vladdy.

Guest fanofcoils

I am shocked so many ppl care about the White Sox according to that espn.com sportsnation poll. There seems to be no buzz about them at all, and the only people who would make sense to vote for the White Sox are people who live in Chicago and people who used to live in Chicago. They should really be at like 10% in that poll.

My only preference is to see the wild card Champion streak broken. Cardinals/anyone would be a nice World Series matchup. Last year was the last time the Cardinals were in a sub-par World Series since 1943.

Well Petco Park is nice in person. You just have to be there to really understand the beauty of the park... not that I actually really dig it, but it's nice.

Yeah, it is a nice place. I liked that spot in the left field corner behind the chain-link fence. I found it by accident wandering around the Padres team store. A nice place to watch batting practice. Billy Wagner tossed me a ball. There was this annoying young teen heckling the Phillies pitchers who were standing around the outfield (while also begging for someone to throw him a ball), and I was in the back w/ my Phillies shirt, so I guess he tossed me the ball to piss off the kid.

Basically I want the Astros in the series not only to give me satisfaction as an Astros fan, but to piss off all of you. Especially Czech and barron.

However, for my personal choice of least favorite matchup is split between Braves/anyone and Yankees/anyone. Same song, 10th verse.

I didn't realize Astros hate was so rampant.

Anyway, the thing I dread the most is a Yanks/Red Sox ALCS. Please not again. As far as WS matches go, Yanks/Braves would be the worst. 2 of my 3 least favorite teams in baseball going for the ultimate prize... Ugh. At least the Cubs wouldn't be there, but still.

Braves-Red Sox would be interesting. Returning champs against the NL East mainstay, the old playoff chokers vs. the new playoff chokers, motley band of free agents vs. homegrown talent, north vs. south, old Boston team vs. current Boston team, so on, so forth. There are a lot of directions for the broadcasters to go in terms of promoting it. And hey, a 90-win team and a 95-win team, you'll get some good baseball out of it.

I'd love Braves v. Red Sox, especially with the Boston connection.

Both teams have bad bullpens, so the games would be unpredictable and interesting.

Andruw v. Papi.

Smoltz/Hudson v. Schilling/Boomer

That would be a real fun World Series.

Just for fun, here are the World Series matchups that have occred three times or more...

11: New York Yankees vs. Brooklyn/Los Angeles Dodgers

7: New York Yankees vs. New York/San Francisco Giants

5: New York Yankees vs. St. Louis Cardinals

4: New York Yankees vs. Milwaukee/Atlanta Braves

4: Oakland/Philadelphia Athletics vs. New York/San Francisco Giants

4: Detroit Tigers vs. Chicago Cubs (who would've guessed?)

3: Boston Red Sox vs. St. Louis Cardinals

3: New York Yankees vs. Cincinnati Reds

3: New York Yankees vs. Chicago Cubs

Braves/Red Sox "best possible outcome"? In your little corner of the universe maybe. I'm sure Fox and the rest of the media will be blowing their loads over it though.

I want Angels/Astros just to see East Coast media shit all over it. The implosion would be hilarious, plus we'd get a lot more football coverage when the networks decide to ignore the WS.