TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Y2DAYDAY

Survivor Series top matches(from new Observer)

Guest Y2DAYDAY

In the new Observer, Meltzer said the plans for Survivor Series are:

Cena vs Angle III

Batista vs Guerrero II

HBK's RAW Team vs JBL's Smackdown Team

Something with Eric Bischoff and Teddy Long

Weird that HHH is nowhere to be seen. I'm sure he'll be with Flair in some fashion though. He didn't mention who the champs would be, whether HBK's team would be all faces and JBL's all heels(or mixed), or whether the Eric vs Teddy thing ends up in a match, or for that matter, what kind of match.

He said they started last week and they may shoot angles soon with HBK and JBL.

I'm never gonna get HBK Vs Eddie. It's pretty much my last dream match that could happen.

Actually, if HBK hasn't interjected himself in the ME scene come Mania time, I could see him angling to get an interpromotional match with Eddie. However, I could also see JBL angling to get Eddie's spot in the above scenario.

Guest Y2DAYDAY

Yeah, I agree, if HBK is doing interpromotional, JBL will get the spot if he isn't the Smackdown Champion.

I see that whole match as the start of the build to JBL vs HBK at Mania. Or it could be a one show deal and I am way off.

Bottom line is Vince likes Eddie but he even likes JBL more.

I like that match at Survivor Series for some reason.

Well fuck, there goes my hopes for Cena Vs Edge or Team Cena Vs. Team Helmsley, but Team RAW Vs. Team SD, fuck yeah bring that shit on!

Guest Fook
Cena vs Angle III

Again? The feud will be kinda burnt out by then unless Angle wins the title at Taboo Tuesday.

Batista vs Guerrero II

Could work depending on how their No Mercy match goes.

HBK's RAW Team vs JBL's Smackdown Team

Bout time they did an interpromotional match at SS. I don't want them to have all the Raw guys be faces and all the SD guys be heels though. Think they'll build to a HBK/JBL WM match from this?

Something with Eric Bischoff and Teddy Long

Oh God. Shoot me now.

I'd rather they unify the World and WWE titles at Survivor series with my match idea:

4 Survivor Series matches, 5 men per team. One match, the teams have the WWE Champion on one side, the other the World Champion. One other match besides that one is drawn wild card.

The survivors from the four matches, no matter who they are, would go in the last match of the evening: a pin-fall or submission only battle royal to crown the Undisputed Champion.

Guest Y2DAYDAY

I'm thinking if the HBK vs JBL feud gets over big, they'll do something with them at Rumble and then build to Mania. Who knows but it wouldn't surprise me.

I think the Long vs Bischoff thing may be another RAW vs Smackdown Survivor Series match with those guys picking their own guys(with heels and faces on the same team) as opposed to Team HBK vs Team JBL, which I expect to be face vs heel.

If they do the above, and continue HHH vs Flair, I think this is a show that can do very good business.

I think it is obvious they are stretching out Cena vs Angle for a while so they can go to Cena vs Edge in January for NYR and Rumble, and then go to HHH for Mania.

For Batista, same thing, though I expect Orton to be next and to win the belt, leading to a rematch at Mania.

Guest Zarock

I'd rather see an Orton's Team/Cena's Team at Survivor Series over whose champion's better (Did I forget to mention that this would be after Orton beats Batista for the World Heavyweight title? Well, it is). Orton and Cena would change if Smackdown had better heels/RAW had better faces. WWE saddens me.

Cena's Team: Cena, Benoit, Shelton Benjamin, Batista

Orton's Team: Orton, Christian, Angle,...Carlito? (Sorry, couldn't think up another good RAW heel whose name isn't HHH.)

I think it'd work since pretty much all of them have had feuds with the everyone on the other team. Then again, it'd also suck hard because only three of the eight can actually wrestle (Alright, maybe four if you want to count Orton, I guess).

Guest Askewniverse
I'd rather they unify the World and WWE titles at Survivor series with my match idea:

4 Survivor Series matches, 5 men per team.  One match, the teams have the WWE Champion on one side, the other the World Champion.  One other match besides that one is drawn wild card.

The survivors from the four matches, no matter who they are, would go in the last match of the evening: a pin-fall or submission only battle royal to crown the Undisputed Champion.

That scenario raises a problem. The men who go in as WWE Champ and World Champ may not even end up in the battle royal. For example, let's say Cena gets disqualified during the SS match. That would count as an elimination, and Cena would in effect, lose the WWE title.

Bad idea, in my opinion.

4 Survivor Series matches, 5 men per team.  One match, the teams have the WWE Champion on one side, the other the World Champion.  One other match besides that one is drawn wild card.

That scenario raises a problem. The men who go in as WWE Champ and World Champ may not even end up in the battle royal. For example, let's say Cena gets disqualified during the SS match. That would count as an elimination, and Cena would in effect, lose the WWE title.

Bad idea, in my opinion.

That's what makes it more of a challenge.

Though I would have it pin-fall or submission only for the Survivor Series matches too.

Guest rawmvp

Looks like a shit card.

Cena vs. Angle again?

Batista vs. Guerrero again? I bet the No Mercy match will end in a DQ. WWE, the bastion of creativity.

So, so, so fucking predictable. Every main event program has to have 3 matches before it's over.

JBL and HBK? Bleh. *throws up* JBL should never be near the main-event scene again. I will always see that boring-ass bastard as one-half of the APA.

Survivor Series sucks hard for another year.

I'm never gonna get HBK Vs Eddie. It's pretty much my last dream match that could happen.

An Eddie/HBK feud would be worth it just for all the "flying burrito" jokes you could make.

Looks like a shit card.

Cena vs. Angle again?

Batista vs. Guerrero again? I bet the No Mercy match will end in a DQ. WWE, the bastion of creativity.

So, so, so fucking predictable. Every main event program has to have 3 matches before it's over.

JBL and HBK? Bleh. *throws up* JBL should never be near the main-event scene again. I will always see that boring-ass bastard as one-half of the APA.

Survivor Series sucks hard for another year.

At least JBL was kind of cool when he was one-half of the APA with Ron Simmons but right now he's that boring ass bastard that used to be one-half of the New Blackjacks.

I think it'd be wise to make it 5 Raw guys vs. 5 Smackdown guys, regardless if they're heels or faces, and make it that the winning show gets the last spot in the Rumble (or, hell, the last 5 or something to make it more important.)

You could spin a couple of months off of the winning team feuding about why they deserve to be #30 more than the other members of the team. And it'd also be a legit reason for faces & heels to team up.

Man, you're horrible.

What? Its exactly what the WWE would have probably booked.

Okay so how would Team RAW Vs. Team SD would be set up IYO?

RAW

Shawn Michaels

Shelton Benjamin

The Big Show

Edge

Kane? (if he comes back)

Smackdown

JBL

Orlando Jordan

Chris Benoit

Booker T

Randy Orton?

Guest *KNK*

They really should just do 4 classic survivor series style matches with the two title matches.

Do the two Raw V. Smackdown matches

Team Shawn Vs Team JBL and Team Bischoff Vs Team Long.

With each brand having their own brand specific series match.

*Im going under the impression they would have something seperate for Long/Bischoff and Shawn/JBL because why would Eric put shawn in charge of his team and Long with JBL?*

If I had to book a Raw vs SD SS match, it'd be:

Team Bischoff:

Kurt Angle

Chris Masters

Carlito

Edge

Team Long:

Chris Benoit

Rey Mysterio

Christian

Booker T.

Have Cena face Hunter (as I don't want that happening at Mania)

Batista vs Eddie II

Guest *KNK*
If I had to book a Raw vs SD SS match, it'd be:

Team Bischoff:

Kurt Angle

Chris Masters

Carlito

Edge

Team Long:

Chris Benoit

Rey Mysterio

Christian

Booker T.

Have Cena face Hunter (as I don't want that happening at Mania)

Batista vs Eddie II

Hunter/Ric will likely extend to Survivor Series, as that's a dream feud for Triple H and it actually has the potential to be decent and Triple H will also want to delay the start of the Cena program.

I'd have Angle offer to do Double Duty for Mr. Bischoff but not really mean it and expecting Eric to go "well thank you kurt but no, focus on the title match" but instead Eric goes "You will? thank you!" to Kurt's disapointed reaction.

I don't like a face/heel dynamic. Why wouldn't Eric want TBS on his team and same for Long, why wouldn't he want Orton? (who'se a proven success at Survivor Series matches)

Team Eric

Kurt Angle

Carlito

Edge

Masters

The Big Show

Team Long

Chris Benoit

Mysterio

Matt Hardy (if they do actually send him to SD)

Randy Orton

Undertaker

Team Shawn

HBK

Shelton

Hurricane+Rosey

RVD

Team JBL

JBL

Jordan

Kennedy

MnM

Raw only SS

Eugene+Tajiri+Venis+Viscera

Vs

Tomko+Cade+Murdoch+Conway

Smackdown only SS

Regal+Burchill+Nunzio+Vito+??

Vs

Booker T+Kendrick+London+LOD 2005

Batista Vs Eddy II

Angle Vs Cena III

Triple H Vs Flair II

They should only make 1 Raw vs SD Survivor Series match. Have the stipulation be that the winning team gets the #30 slot in the Royal Rumble. Also the reason why I had a face/heel dynamic is because Raw has been painted as the heel group (thanks to Eric's fucking with SD's match last night), though it was awesome to see Shawn Michaels beat on Rey Mysterio in the brawl. If I was to actually book the show disregarding the current storylines going on, my ideal match would be:

Team Raw:

Triple H

Kurt Angle

Shawn Michaels

John Cena

Big Show

Team SD:

Batista

Eddie Guerrero

Chris Benoit

JBL

Rey Mysterio

This Raw vs. Smackdown match has me more interested in a WWE PPV than I've been since Mania. Hopefully they don't screw it up.

RAW: Shawn Michaels, Edge, Shelton Benjamin, Big Show & Chris Masters

Smackdown: JBL, Chris Benoit, Christian, Randy Orton & Rey Misterio

Those would be my ideal teams. I wish I could get someone better to replace Masters, but I'm not putting Carlito in there. Those of course won't be the real teams, but would probably result in the best match.

RAW: Shawn Michaels, Edge, Big Show, Carlito & Masters

Smackdown: JBL, Benoit, Christian, Rey & Booker

That's probably what we will really get. Certainly the talent seems stacked towards the Smackdown side with only HBK & Edge being worth anything from Raw.

I'm guessing that the most plausible RAW vs. Smackdown match (if it were one team of faces and another of heels) would be akin to this:

Shawn Michaels, Shelton Benjamin, The Big Show, Kane vs. JBL, Orton, Ken Kennedy, Christian

If they do faces vs. heels, they completely ruin the purpose of a Smackdown vs. Raw match. People want to see the biggest stars on both shows go at it. Heels and faces should align for the greater good, like last night when you had Batista, JBL, Benoit & Orton team up against Cena, HBK, Angle & Big Show.

Guest *KNK*
SD needs to have one of their guys get injured and then Taker shows up as the mystery partner. The place would go off.

Problem is, The absence of the UT on the card and the "mystery partner" aspect would instantly tip the fans(not that it would reduce the pop) but it would be a nice nod to his debut.