TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

Guest LividLiquid

The thing about putting TNA on MyNetwork TV is that they wouldn't neccessarily have to move iMPACT! from Spike. They could just add a second show, which would be nice.

...I always thought WGN was like TBS, in that it's technically a "local" station, but it's broadcast nationwide.

Not everywhere.

I don't get WGN.

And I don't get mynetworktv but I do got WGN.

results from TNA's house show last Satuday, from PWI:

TNA debuted in Corinth, MS last night, drawing an estimated crowd of 1,300-1,400 fans. The show was held right over the Tennessee border, about 185 miles from the company headquarters of Nashville, TN. Quick results from the show saw:

*TNA X-Division champion Chris Sabin defeat Sonjay Dutt.

*Brother Ray defeated The Naturals in a handicap match.

*Chris Harris & Gail Kim defeated James Storm & Jackie Moore.

*Christopher Daniels pinned Petey Williams.

*Rhino defeated AJ Styles in a Mississippi Streetfight.

*Kurt Angle defeated Abyss.

*NWA champion pinned Samoa Joe. Joe had Cage in the choke when AJ Styles came out and distracted the referee. The referee didn't see Cage tapping. AJ, Rhino, Abyss, and Kurt Angle all got involved, and when the dust settled, Cage was left with the babyfaces. Joe hit the musclebuster on Cage to close the show.

PWInsider.com is seeking live reports and notes from the TNA house show.

I saw Hotstuff Hernandez at the local indy show last week and to say that he improved since being a member of LAX would be an understatement.

Will TNA make mention of their cameo on House? At the least they should say something in commentary. That scene exposed the name to more people in 20 seconds then TNA managed with it's own bungled marketing approach in the last five years.

Oh geez, what did Aries/Starr do THIS time?

Spoke up about the shitty booking?

Please change the record.

It was probably a drugs thing. Was he at the impact tapings?

EDIT: i just checked, he didnt have a match, so it was probably for missing the tapings.

Will TNA make mention of their cameo on House? At the least they should say something in commentary.

Someone will make a remark about TNA bringing the house down, and then Mike Tenay will make a veiled reference to House without actually mentioning that TNA was part of the show.

It's a longshot at best, but TNA should try and see if they can do something with Fox in regard to getting more TNA clips on House or other shows on the network. It's a minor deal, but it's better than just letting this go by and doing nothing with it.

Spike's a CBS partnered network. I'm not sure Spike would be happy with them working with FOX. They should try to get them to do stuff with CBS's shows. Have the Amazing Race people do a event with the wrestlers at wrestling school or build a ring. Little things like that.

The people at House meant nothing by the scene really. House is always watching weird stuff you wouldn't expect a medical genius to watch (the man referenced The O.C a few times in the first season and WWE as well). I'm just impressed they found the right match footage to relate to the context to what the scene was about. That would suggest some one there is a fan.

Spike's a CBS partnered network. I'm not sure Spike would be happy with them working with FOX. They should try to get them to do stuff with CBS's shows. Have the Amazing Race people do a event with the wrestlers at wrestling school or build a ring. Little things like that.

That one sentence about Amazing Race is smarter advertising than anything TNA has done EVER.

EDIT: i just checked, he didnt have a match, so it was probably for missing the tapings.

TNA suspend someone for drugs? This isn't the WWE here TNA has no policy and doesn't suspend people for that.

He must have pissed off Dixie or Jeff that's really all you could do to get suspended in TNA.

TNA suspend someone for drugs? This isn't the WWE here TNA has no policy and doesn't suspend people for that.

Thats why i think it was to do with the tapings.

Austin told em that TNA has no drug policy, and if it was for drugs, he would have been suspended long ago since he smokes weed on a regular basis. I'm curious as to what this is for.... Curious and disappointed.

If it was for missing the Impact taping, then it was likely because he did something stupid that caused him to miss them. You'd think the whole crew flew back to Orlando together for the tapings, which meant Starr must have really messed up to miss them when nobody else apparently did.

Austin Starr was sent home from television on Monday and (at this point) is slated for a 90 day suspension. The reason bouncing around this afternoon among those in the company was that management was unhappy with his attitude. I was told there was no one incident that caused the decision but just a series of events. The feeling among some wrestlers that were sympathetic to Starr was that he's a pretty blunt and brutally honest person, which probably hurt him politically in the locker room. One certainly can't discount his work as he had one of the best matches on the entire Lockdown PPV against Senshi. Starr had been given something of a suspension last year after he and Roderick Strong remained and worked a Ring of Honor show during a blizzard scare after being instructed to leave New York and head to Florida. They made the show but their push as a tag team was shelved and Strong opted not to sign a new deal with the company. Starr re-debuted with the Starr moniker at Bound for Glory last October. Starr was scheduled to continue his storyline with Bob Backlund after Lockdown. Backlund was at TNA's Impact taping Monday but wasn't used. He'll be remaining with the company.

PWInsider is reporting that following their work at the Lockdown PPV this past Sunday, there are plans within TNA to give Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley a big push as a new tag team in the coming weeks.

Guest DogOn

TNA has been doing a good job of fucking the free speech of their workers up the ass lately.

Kid Kash was labeled the same way, as having an 'attitude problem', which in TNA means that person is speaking their mind about how things are done, and TNA don't like that. No wrestling company does really, but it only seems to be in TNA that people who speak up are suddenly referred to as having a bad attitude.