TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

I don't know, I was pretty bored as soon as I saw Vince Russo - I mean it was half interesting that he was the masked man attacking Ron Killings, though on further thought I'm surprised there was no connection to Russo being in the KKK with the way he was dressed and with him constantly beating a blackman...

However, when he formed S.E.X it just looked exactly like a lame NWO type of thing Tradition v Sports Entertainment. Then his 'shoots' and Mike Tenay trying to look angry, just didn't work for me at all.

I don't know, I was pretty bored as soon as I saw Vince Russo - I mean it was half interesting that he was the masked man attacking Ron Killings, though on further thought I'm surprised there was no connection to Russo being in the KKK with the way he was dressed and with him constantly beating a blackman...

However, when he formed S.E.X it just looked exactly like a lame NWO type of thing Tradition v Sports Entertainment. Then his 'shoots' and Mike Tenay trying to look angry, just didn't work for me at all.

Almost felt like Vince Russo saw a second opportunity to do the New Blood angle, wanted to do it "right", but still failed.

Yeah, for weeks David Flair had been attacking people with a sack, then he finally revealed that the Original NWA title was in the bag, and he had been attacking people with it. Dusty Rhodes then fought AJ Styles in a Ladder match for it, for some reason (even though Jeff Jarret was still the Champion and had the TNA Title).

A little clarification. David Flair, Brian Lawler, and Erik Watts came in as a "second-generation" stable. David allegedly had Ric's NWA belt (it was really Dusty's copy of it, but for storyline reasons it was Ric's) and claimed he was as good a champion as anybody, and Dusty took offense, saying "you haven't earned the belt, so don't go around wearing anything you haven't earned." It was a shitty feud that could easily be made to look decent with some nice editing (which they ended up doing before the blow-off Lawler/Rhodes ladder match), but nowhere near as good as what Dusty would (later?) say regarding Jerry Lynn, AMW, and Jeff Jarrett at the height of the TNA/SEX feud (along the lines of "every man has his chance to take tradition and turn it into something new, and that what these men are doing"; sounds lame, but it was actually a fucking amazing promo, with a legend in Dusty Rhodes putting over TNA's top four faces at the time), but I digress.

The blowoff was Dusty Rhodes and Brian Lawler in a ladder match, which Lawler challenged him to knowing his weight, age, and history of injuries. The match was awful in a workrate sense, but a decent amount of fun to watch. The highlight of the match was Dusty bringing out a step-stool, maybe three steps high, and then climbing it after hitting the Bionic Elbow to Lawler. Lawler was out cold, and Dusty shrugged, climbed up the step-stool, and hit an elbow drop off of it. At least I'm pretty sure that was the blowoff.

Please note that AJ Styles had NOTHING to do with this feud. At the time, he was feuding with Jeff Jarrett, then Raven, and then SEX after leaving them (he had a cup of coffee in SEX).

I thought the TNA/SEX feud was actually pretty good. Very much a ripoff of the WCW/nWo feud, but with TNA actually winning here and there and SEX didn't dominate every single show. I just wish there was a blowoff instead of Russo just re-appearing after a month-long absence and saying "SEX is no more."

Geez, you must be the only one. Even the announcers hate doing a 3-man setup. Remember how bad Raw's commentary sucked once Coach was added as a third wheel?

Geez, you must be the only one. Even the announcers hate doing a 3-man setup. Remember how bad Raw's commentary sucked once Coach was added as a third wheel?

I really enjoyed WCW set up - Tenay would pip up with some info now and again, Heenan would give the heel comments, and then Tony would give you the storyline. I thought it worked well.

--

Having watched some more TNA from 2005, I miss Team Canada haha

Also, Shelly, Joe & Daniels v Styles, Dutt & Aries from the Primetime Special (11.03.05) was a great match.

Thats just beacuse Coach sucks.

A couple of new TNA DVDs set to be released in October and November:

Instant Classic: The Best Of Christian Cage: (On Sale October 16) A comprehensive look at the TNA career of Christian Cage, along with exclusive interviews, photos, video, a look at his private life and much more!

The History Of TNA: Year 1 (On Sale November 20) A look at the start of TNA Wrestling! Includes rare, never before seen footage, interviews with everyone involved in the making of TNA, matches from our first events in Huntsville and Nashville, comments from the TNA stars and so much more!

Can't wait to see "The History of TNA: Year 1", for many of the reasons that have been discussed here recently. The first year was probably TNA's best year.

LATEST ON TNA/SPIKETV NEGOTIATIONS AND MORE TNA NEWS

by Mike Johnson

Multichannel News will report in tomorrow's edition that SpikeTV and TNA are close to finalizing a deal that will bring a two hour version of Impact plus live specials to the network. As PWInsider.com Elite subscribers are aware, there have been ongoing negotiations for some time between the network and TNA. TNA has also had several rounds of meetings with the FOX Network about a multi-network deal that would include FX and one other outlet. The current TNA/Spike contract expires at the end of September so (if all sides come to terms), the expansion could come as soon as early October. TNA has long wanted to do "Clash of the Champions" style live events on Spike, similar to the UFC Fight Night Live events.

Guest Kesh
A couple of new TNA DVDs set to be released in October and November:

Instant Classic: The Best Of Christian Cage: (On Sale October 16) A comprehensive look at the TNA career of Christian Cage, along with exclusive interviews, photos, video, a look at his private life and much more!

The History Of TNA: Year 1 (On Sale November 20) A look at the start of TNA Wrestling! Includes rare, never before seen footage, interviews with everyone involved in the making of TNA, matches from our first events in Huntsville and Nashville, comments from the TNA stars and so much more!

Can't wait to see "The History of TNA: Year 1", for many of the reasons that have been discussed here recently. The first year was probably TNA's best year.

Has anyone heard anything more about the TNA Year 1 DVD? whats going to be on it I mean? I'm hoping its a multi disc set with a documentary and plenty of matches

Thats just beacuse Coach sucks.

I thought the 3 way set up was way better as it gave Lawler less time to speak and I though Coach was a good heel announcer.

I though Coach was a good heel announcer.

Geez, you must be the only one.

As for the First Year thing, it'll probably be like their 50 Greatest Moments dvd, buncha short clips. I noticed that it specifically didn't mention "matches" as being included.

It'll probably revolve around Jeff Jarrett and the numerous minor 'celebrities', Chris Rock not included, that TNA used to try and help gain attention. Of the few matches seen in-depth, I'd guess the early era of the X-Division and the first XXX vs. AMW cage match.

And knowing TNA, they'll probably try to severely limit showing much stuff with anyone who's no longer with the company. Don't expect too much of the awesome stuff guys like Amazing Red were doing back in the day.

I just read that PWI reported the releases of the Bashams, Runt, Matt Bentley and Jerry Lynn.

It's one of their 'Elite' articles, so if anyone here is a member it'd be nice to have them post the aforementioned article here so we can read about the releases and the negotiations with an apparent 'big name'.

Once again, TNA is WCW Mk II.

And I bet Runt is wishing he hadn't torn up the WWE contract on camera.

Lynn is one of my all time favorites. I liked Michael Shane during his first run in TNA even though it was a cheap HBK gimmick. I thought it worked. Perhaps some of these guys asked for releases and got them? I'd hate to think that TNA would choose to get rid of Jerry Lynn but then again, it's fucking TNA here. God, I hate TNA.

I've read on another site that the 'Big Name' is Brock Lesnar. However, this hasn't been confirmed.

I'm surprised they've let Bentley go though, especially if they're going to release 'TNA Years' on DVDs. He was a major part of the X-Division later on.

For what it's worth, Jerry Lynn asked to be released - he wanted out, and they were ok with it, so they let him have his release. Matt Bently's contract is simply coming to an end, and neither side wants to sign an extension right now. Since he lives in the area, the door is wide open for him to show back up at any time, if they need him. As for Brother Runt, he's gone for sure, but the guys at PWInsider aren't even sure if he was ever under an official contract anyway, so that one isn't a big surprise. Then for the Bashams, they've been released.