TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Braves/Astros NLDS Thread

Guest *KNK*

C'mon Roger! Hit the walk-off!!!

If that happens, Bobby Cox will die on the bench.

edit: boo!! on the bunt...

Guest Smues

Fox put up the graphic a few time that the longest playoff game was that one in 86, but the longest Division Series game is now this one tied with Seattle vs New york in 95.

Sixteen innings back in 1986.  Al, summarize that game.

Gladly. Astros down three games to two, but would send Mike Scott to the mound in game seven, who was practically unhittable. The Astros led 3-0 in the ninth. Dykstra led off with a triple and Mookie Wilson singled him in. After Kevin Mitchell grounded out, Keith Hernandez scored Wilson with a double. Gary Carter and Darryl Strawberry walked, and Ray Knight drove in the tying run with a sacrifice fly.

Roger McDowell pitched five scoreless innings for the Mets. The Mets scored a run in the top of the 14th thanks to an RBI single from Wally Backman. However, with one out in the bottom of the 14th, Mickey Hatcher hit a solo home run off of closer Jesse Orosco. The Astros' bullpen collapsed in the 16th, as the Mets plated three runs. Craig Reynolds led off the bottom of the inning with a strikeout. Davey Lopes walked, and Bill Doran singled. Mickey Hatcher followed with an RBI single. 6-4 Mets. Denny Walling hit into a fielder's choice. Glenn Davis hit an RBI single. 6-5 Mets. That left the tying run on second and the winning run on first. Finally, Jesse Orosco struck out Kevin Bass, ending the game.

Yea, doubting a team with a horrible bullpen that blew a 5 run lead with 5 outs to go, sure is defeatist.

It is, because we had posters on this board saying WHEN the Braves lose, before the game even started! And you guys pissed on that bullpen BEFORE they blew the lead. All I want to know is how the hell this team with such a deplorable bullpen won 90 games?

Fuck it. If the Braves win, I'm suspending you and Smues for 12 hours on general principle.

Guest *KNK*

I'm not sure I want this game to end. It's going around in circles now but it's very amusing and interesting.

Guest TheDon
No runs allowed in six innings.  Damn that bullpen sucks.

Other than the grandslam that was given up, I would love to see the Yankees have a bullpen that gets this many outs without giving up runs.

It is, because we had posters on this board saying WHEN the Braves lose, before the game even started!

That wasn't me.

And you guys pissed on that bullpen BEFORE they blew the lead.

Their bullpen has been horrible all year. They've had three different closers and have poor middle relief.

Fuck it. If the Braves win, I'm suspending you and Smues for 12 hours on general principle.

Seriously al, shut up. The Braves bullpen does suck. Did you watch Game 1 and 3 or the Braves all year??

I want them to win this game and series so badly, but I'm also a realist and I know they've had a bad bullpen all year.

No runs allowed in six innings. Damn that bullpen sucks.

Actually it does. One good stretch does not disprove them.

I think it's hilarious that I'm one of the positive and optimistic Braves fans you'll ever meet, and I doubt their bullpen and boom...I'm a defeatist.

Guest MikeSC

Man, I've never seen a team try to give a game away as much as the 'Stros have done in extra innings and another team refuse to allow them to do so as the Braves done done.

Guest Smues
Rocket coming out of the pen? :huh:

Well since he hit in the bottom of the 15th if he didn't pitch it'd be Oswalt or Pettite and obviously that wouldn't be happening.

No runs allowed in six innings.  Damn that bullpen sucks.

Other than the grandslam that was given up, I would love to see the Yankees have a bullpen that gets this many outs without giving up runs.

I think a lot of it has to do with tired hitters. The crap part of the Yanks bullpen last year, (Quantril, Loaiza, Heredia) all got Sox hitters out last year in extra innings.