TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angel_Grace_Blue

Just a thought

So I was looking through the semi-old stuff, and found the thread where Landon brought up the discussion of getting different commentators (At the time, they were Cyclone Comet and Bobby Riley) over a year ago.

Now, I'm not saying that I'm tired of Suicide King and Longdogger Pete, but, I think that maybe, since our three shows are vastly different, three different sets of commentators might be in order, or, perhaps just one other team would work, too.

However, as with any discussion of this matter, the questions of who should be considered for the jobs and what show they'd be on arise. I think that King and Pete is a good team, and I thought that they should go to Storm, which has survived since the IGNWF days. However, there's the fact that Storm is the hardcore show, and perhaps, in some eyes, not as prestigious as perhaps Smarkdown (Or Lockdown). Also, the new writers (And the not so new writers who weren't around since forever like Muzz) might complain that they don't know these new people, but I think that there's a sufficient amount of oldsters that someone can write up a paragraph describing each new commentator.

So, yeah, that's about it. I'll wait to provide names for commenpotatoes until you guys voice your opinion as to whether or not you're for or against this idea. And stuff.

Until such time we need to start dressing Pete and King in cartoon mascot costumes for Lockdown. We could draw two coveted demographics, kids and furries. Petey the Penguin could serve as backstage interviewer.

That Scott Young guy and Boston Strangler for Storm, because they're HARDCR0E~

Edit...

Wait. CR0E. Crowe. We need Crowe as a commentator.

Now, I'm not saying that I'm tired of Suicide King and Longdogger Pete, but, I think that maybe, since our three shows are vastly different, three different sets of commentators might be in order, or, perhaps just one other team would work, too.

I think that was brought up before and denied, as it's hard for newbies to get to grips with 1 commentary team, let alone 3 commentary teams.

BUUUUT...

King/Pete should stay on the 'premiere' show, Smarkdown.

Old School SJL, Annie, Judge and Ejiro, should make one of the shows. Probably Storm, because what could be more family friendly than...

CYCLOOOOONE COMET~! and Bobby Riley. Well...maybe not Bobbo, he was kinda gay. Or so the rumours were. But there's three teams that are pre-existing, so people can find old matches for reference.

if we were to go with 3 teams I think that instead of just saying "look at old matches for referenecs" the creative team needs to sit down and work out a sorta profile on each commentator to help those who've never used them before

otherwise you're just throwing anyone and everyone who's never used them to the wolves in a way

I like the idea of Crow(e), but was also thinking about Grimedogg for possibly Storm, since he was one of the first guys to take over the hardcore division. Neilsen of the Jungle also springs to mind.

I'm not that keen on a three-person team, though, Maddix, since, as it was said in your thread, it doesn't have the flow of a duo.

Blank - I absolutely said I (Or one of the other vets) would give the newer writers a profile/summarizing paragraph about any new announcers that would possibly come up.

I know he's the TKO manager, but I think Card might work well, too. He's a smug bastard, and, he's got nifty technical knowledge and such. Plus, fed by-laws state that someone named Chris has to be involved with stuff at almost all times, and whatnot. Besides, he's better than Wilson. Oh, how I hate Wilson for reasons I've long since forgotten.

Oh, yeah: Curry Man and NTD for commenpotatoes! They rocked.

Also, Johnny Generic, AKA Axis can be paired with just about any heel, the more over the top the better for Axis to ground him and such.

BORT!

Comet and Riley owned all.

I think the thing about SWF commentators is that they aren't there to call the match - they're there to add character. Our description describes what's going on. So you don't need grounded characters going over the back-and-forth, and you can afford a couple of over-the-top goofs to give a bit of character to things.

I say Sacred for commentator, just for the pointlessness of it.

The Crimson Skull still has Riley locked up in a toolshed or similar building of some sorts, last time I wrote anything about it.

So add them? like the WWE has a Spanish Announce team - matches with Japanese wrestlers could have a Japanese Announce team

even give them a gimmick - the Spanish table always gets broken - the Japanese... well make something up ;)