TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

World Series-Astros vs White Sox

I recall a story from spring training during his days with the Giants in which he was hit in the junk by a pitch, the trainer came out and asked if he was okay, and responded to by hitting him in his jewels.

And leave it to dickhead Clemens to suck and get hurt the one time I'm pulling for him.

Edit: I see Bruiser mentioned it already.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...SPG6IAQNH81.DTL

During a Giants exhibition game last spring, Pierzynski took a shot to his, shall we say, private parts. Trainer Stan Conte rushed to the scene, placed his hands on Pierzynski's shoulders in a reassuring way, and asked how it felt. "Like this," said Pierzynski, viciously delivering a knee to Conte's groin.

The guy is a chicken shit who is one of the most hated players in the game by his peers.

See, this is why I don't totally back smallball. You get the first two guys on and have your DH bunt them over. Obviously they're going to walk Rowand and thus, it's up to Pierzinski, a guy built for the double-play.

And as a Cubs fan, I find it a bit maddening to see Bernie Mac there decked out in Sox gear going crazy for them. I know, he supports the city of Chicago. But still.

Gotta believe this game's going to the Sox. I knew going into the 8th that if the Astros had a shot, they had to score then with their big hitters coming up. With Lane, Ausmus, and Everett due in the 9th, the Sox more or less have this thing locked.

It's amazing how he's bounced back to be so dominant this year. Billy Koch 2005 anyone? Closers like him blow people away at first, then come back to earth once the arm slows down a bit and hitters learn to work around the lack of control

Jenks is a career ruining, John Rocker, type of interview with Sports Illustrated waiting to happen. He's apparantly dumb as a post and there is a rumor, I stress rumor, that he may have been a member of the Aryan Nation at one point. Hell I'm shocked no media outlet has jumped on that one yet.

And as a Cubs fan, I find it a bit maddening to see Bernie Mac there decked out in Sox gear going crazy for them.  I know, he supports the city of Chicago.  But still.

Me too. I was asking my wife, "Since when is he a Sox fan?"

I read an interview in ESPN magazine or something with him when Mr. 3000 came out and he said growing up, he was always a White Sox fan and he was mad that The Cubs got all the attention but that he doesn't hate The Cubs.

I'm not into AIM chats, but I just want to point out that the second half of the inning there was what baseball's all about. None of this try to get somebody on base before you bash the ball over the fence.

The Sox got multiple hits, ran the bases, and scored two runs. If everybody played that way, I'd watch a hell of a lot more baseball.