TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruiserKC

Share Your Live Show Stories

I went in 2002 to a house show shortly after Brock Lesnar debuted. It was the show the night before Backlash in fact and Matt Hardy was set to wrestle Brock Lesnar. In the section below where my friends and I were these goth girls/Hardy marks were cussing out everyone that even dared to say a bad thing about their lusts of that particular time, lol. They were screaming stuff to everyone and it started to really annoy us.

Brock comes down to the ring and we start a chant of "KILL BROCK KILL! KILL BROCK KILL!" The girls look around to see who it is...we get a few more people to join in the chant. One girl yells at us...in between chants my friend Mark yells, "FUCK YOU CUNTS!" By now we've got our half of the arena chanting it and the little spoiled brats are about bawling. :lol:

And Brock beats Matt...this is back when they'd stop the match after Brock nails the F-5. We started screaming, "ONE MORE TIME! ONE MORE TIME!" The girls start crying and leave their seats and don't show back up until near the end of the show.

Guest Amy Ace

Me and my friends had a huge Rhyno sign like 5 people long at a Smackdown once and this crazy middleaged bitch behind us was cussing us out in front of her kids and shit. And we weren't exessively holding it up either, just for like a mintue while he made his entrance. She kept pulling at our sign trying to rip it out of our hands, I almost went off on her.

I have a few but are you talking about WWE shows or can I talk about indy shows as well?

My best story is from after a show. 'Twas a May 2000 edition of WCW Thunder from the Prairie Capital Convention Center in Springfield, Illinois, 2days after Slamboree. I was in Row 3 in my new Slap Nuts shirt, carrying an actual guitar, which you should be able to see in this pic I found on a site:

Oops, can't link to the pic, but it's the first one at http://members.tripod.com/~wcwkingdom/thunder-17.html

Anyway, afetr the show, I met Vampiro. He was a really nice guy, and told me about his site, Vampiro.net (I had just gotten the net 2 days prior). After speaking with him, I walked around the building and saw Buff Bagwell. I asked him for an autograph, which he politely declined. Several seconds later, 2 cops appeared, slammed him against a car, and cuffed him. Turns out he had punched out one of the PCCC or WCW crew, can't remember which. So yeah, I saw Buff Bagwell get arrested. That kicked ass.

Guest Amy Ace

I always thought I was the only person to ever buy that Slap Nuts t-shirt! LOL, now I don't feel like such a dork.

Guest *KNK*

The best story is one that involves me, Colt Cabana and Jimmy Rave in a bathroom together.

Well, I have nearly gotten into fights at a WCW Saturday Night taping and at a Smackdown in Grand Forks North Dakota. At the Smackdown show I was calling Billy Gunn the Sunday Night Blue Light Special when all of a sudden the only Billy Gunn fan got pissed and wanted to fght me.

The other was a Raw house show where Rosey was taking on Chuck Palumbo and they were going for the test of strength and Rosey looked right at me. I got up and yelled "Rosey don't do it!" and he started to laugh in the ring.

at a smackdown taping in august 01 in LA (this wa sthe night rhyno gored jericho thru the old set,s etting up the new set for debut next week), I was hanging out by the parking area and we saw several wrestlers coming in (and a heck of a lot of local jobbers) the only person to offer autographs was ref tim white (i still have the autograph). Nick patrick got booed as he was the evil wcw ref. Billy Gunn came walking out of the driveway and I yelled Billy sucks and he looked at me kinda pissed. I followed that up with "how come you still have a job?" I dont think he liked that lol. During the show I got mad cuz the people in front of u s kept holding up their large sign excessively (and it was stupid cuz the camera hardly ever pans to the area where I was seated (to the right (or left?) side of the old sd entrance and a bunch of rows up. they even held them up during the dark matches. I think I angered some marks by cheering for Austin (the heel alliance austin at the time)-but I did that cuz this was the first time I had seen him live (and the only time it turns out).

unforgiven 02-rico came out of that same parking area and was real nice. Raven and Justin Credible pulle dup in car right next to me in the street and waved hello to everyone. later spike dudley and al snow walked past me and into the same restaurant I was in (the fox xports grill at staples) they were signing autographs but I didnt want to wait online in the sun

I had great times at indy shows. At an xpw show I saw msot of the wrestler walking on the street and they were nice to us.

One indy show here at the boys and girls club during intermission the wrestlers would come out and eat at the concession stands (funny seeing a masked guy with a hotdog and trying to eat thru the mask) and one stood online for the bathroom in back of me, I felt bad for him and let him cut in line in front of me. I remmeber being freaked out about how much bigger I was then him.

these idy guys were the best, they hung out after shows and talked to everyone and had a blast. once several wrestlers were trying to hit on my sister and I got kinda pissed (especially considering she was still just 16 at the time and these guys were in their 20s) but we just laughed it off (especially about this one white trash gimmick guy who had no teeth)

It was at the Raw in Sacramento after Summerslam '01 (Milkamania/Austin Appreciation Night). Anyway the story starts back in May '01, a few friends and I went to Judgement Day that year. Being a Lita mark, I had done a design for a create a t-shirt contest that her "official site" was doing. Of course it didn't win the contest, however my buddies and I chipped in to blow it up and turn it into a sign. We took the sign to the PPV, we actually get it on heat if you can find a tape and can barely see it during the Lita/Chyna match. I told you that story to preface the original story. So I take the sign to the Raw in Sacramento and I had close to ringside seats hoping the sign would get some air time. It didn't, but after the show I got turned around and got dumped by the service entrance with everyone else hanging out for autographs. After about 20 minutes of waiting Matt and Lita came out, she whispers something in Matt's ear and runs over to where I am and signs my sign, which was fucking sweet.

Also, going to the Sacramento supershow with the smark crew (Ced, Dangerous A, and NoCalMike) this summer was great too.

Guest Stunt Granny

After a show last year I saw Arn Anderson and gave him a hug. Security pushed me away. Arn was pissed.

A dirtbag indie wrestler by the name of Derek Domino was tipped off by the promoter of whatever promotion I was attending that I'd been writing negative things about him. He confronted me after the show, spit on me, and called me a cunt, among other things. Keep in mind that I was 13 when all this happened.

This led to a big thing where his former partner Harley Lewis went to his slum of an apartment and spraypainted something on his door.

So many chants at the Framingham Civic League during NECW shows geared towards Violet Flame...oh dear...

"WE LIKE FISH STICKS!! **clap, clap, clapclapclap** WE LIKE FISH STICKS!! **clap, clap, clapclapclap**"

Guy behind me: "HEY, I THINK I JUST SAW JUPITER!"

Me: "DON'T YOU MEAN URANUS?!"

Non Wrestler but I think it counts.

At Wrestlemania XX, in the main event after Triple H tried to roll out of the Crossface, I screamed "TAP YOU SONOFABITCH TAP!" as loud as possible, the immediate twenty or so people around me just stared at me in shock, but consquently they all of missed the finish.

"TAP YOU SONOFABITCH TAP!" as loud as possible, the immediate twenty or so people around me just stared at me in shock, but consquently they all of missed the finish.

Did the same thing at a bar. Probably hadn't watched wrestling more than semi-casually in 3 years before that nite. Even said the exact same thing verbatim.

Went to a Smackdown! taping a couple years ago (I don't remember when, exactly, but it was during the heyday of the Smackdown! Six) with a sign that said "Wrestling is Gay" in Japanese. For the first hour of the show, I saw a few wrestlers look in my direction, but I couldn't tell if they knew what the sign said. At least one of them must have, because about halfway through the show, security comes and takes my sign away.

The people sitting near me were curious what the sign said. I told them it meant "Tajiri is Number One" to avoid getting my ass kicked. :lol:

Back on the RAW in DC after Evolution first formed, my friends and I got comped 2nd row tickets on the floor on the side the wrestlers face the camera. For HHH's promo introducing Evolution, the entire time my friends and I led the first couple rows in a chant of YOU'RE NOT FLAIR! YOU'RE NOT FLAIR! and the whole time HHH is staring at us (he looked right at me when he said the line about "if you end up in a hospital bed, it's Evolution" or something). After the promo he just continued staring at me. It was great. Flair also kept leaning over at us and going WHOOO! and pointing at Hunter and mouthing something like "he's the man" or whatever. Orton and Batista didnt react too much. Even though it was obvious I had rattled HHH I didn't think anyone else would notice but to my suprise in next week's Wrestling Observer in Metlzer's recap, he actually wrote "during HHH's promo some fans were chanting "You're Not Flair" at him" which was really cool to see.

The only other dealy was I recently went to a Smackdown house show and this was right when MNM had debuted and they were against Hardcore Holly and Charlie Haas. I was once again ringside and before the match yelled at Hardcore: "BOB, BE GENTLE WITH THEM, THEY'RE GOOD!" at which point Holly turns all the way around, yells back "what did you say?", so I repeat it and then he has this evil smile on his face and yelled back "oh...be gentle, ok...." and starts rubbing his hands. Heh, I knew MNM were fucked that night.

Also, it wasn't just me, since it was like all the crowd, but I was happy to be part of the contigent at Summerslam screaming my guts out for Jericho. :)

Went to a Smackdown! taping a couple years ago (I don't remember when, exactly, but it was during the heyday of the Smackdown! Six) with a sign that said "Wrestling is Gay" in Japanese. For the first hour of the show, I saw a few wrestlers look in my direction, but I couldn't tell if they knew what the sign said. At least one of them must have, because about halfway through the show, security comes and takes my sign away.

The people sitting near me were curious what the sign said. I told them it meant "Tajiri is Number One" to avoid getting my ass kicked.  :lol:

Tremendous.