TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest *KNK*

NFL Week 8

I honestly think the Giants can take the NFC this year. Maybe I'm setting myself up to be let down - but I truly believe it.

I think you might be pretty spot on. They have enough defense and offense to do it. It's looking more and more likely that the entire NFC East should be in the playoffs. Course someone from the NFC North has to get in....why I'm not sure.

Remember, should is not will. There is no way the entire division can get in.

THE NFC NORTH IS NOT THAT BAD

Maybe just from sitting through months and months of the dumb-off that was the National League Western Division, I've been desensitized. Or maybe I just unapologetically and ignorantly like the Bears. But it's not the worst.

I honestly think the Giants can take the NFC this year. Maybe I'm setting myself up to be let down - but I truly believe it.

I think you might be pretty spot on. They have enough defense and offense to do it. It's looking more and more likely that the entire NFC East should be in the playoffs. Course someone from the NFC North has to get in....why I'm not sure.

Remember, should is not will. There is no way the entire division can get in.

THE NFC NORTH IS NOT THAT BAD

Maybe just from sitting through months and months of the dumb-off that was the National League Western Division, I've been desensitized. Or maybe I just unapologetically and ignorantly like the Bears. But it's not the worst.

Are you honestly trying to say that the NFC North is NOT the worst division in the NFL this year???

Guest Vitamin X

It may not be. The AFC East, the NFC West, the AFC South (outside of Indy), and the AFC West (outside of Denver), are all equally pathetic.

Guest Vitamin X

So here's a couple NFL tidbits.

Daunte Culpepper's out for the season, yesterday while watching ESPN, they mentioned as Culpepper went down and was in the locker room at halftime, he looked up at coach Mike Tice and told him.. "I love you, coach." Mike Tice solemnly replied, "I love you too." I'm not making this up. This is real, guys.

AWWWWWWWWW HOW SWEET.

Anyways, so Joe Vitt also underwent an angioplasty procedure this morning, proving that coaching the Rams can cause heart problems. He's done a much better job than Mike Martz has, primarily because he actually RUNS the ball, and St. Louis is looking a bit like a sleeper team now.

I'd say the Bills and Dolphins are better than Minnesota and Detroit right now, but not by much.

I'm hoping this game was more of Belichick keeping things in reserve for next week, because if they play like that against Indy, it'll be 35-0 at halftime. But I think now the Colts have even MORE pressure on them for this game; everyone and their mother will be picking them to win.

For those watching halftime of the Giants game...I wonder how many people who use that Green Day song in that context know it's subtitled "Good Riddance."

Oh tell me they didn't use Green Day for Wellington Mara

People seem to completely miss the message of the song.

Right up there with "Born in the USA" and "Every Breath You Take"

Now I'm inspired to make a thread about it

San Diego is better than what their record indicate. They had to play a stretch where every team they faced had two weeks to prepare for them. The scariest part is that their schedule is only going to get easier. They're definitely a playoff-caliber team, maybe moreso than last year.

Jacksonville also isn't too shabby of a team in the AFC South. They'll win 10 or 11 games.

And the AFC West, that is your best division in football (arguably with NFC South or East)

Guest Vitamin X
It may not be. The AFC East, the NFC West, the AFC South (outside of Indy), and the AFC West (outside of Denver), are all equally pathetic.

How do you figure the AFC West being as bad as the NFC North.

Denver 6-2 Won 1

Kansas City 4-3 Lost 1

San Diego 4-4 Won 1

Oakland 3-4 Won 2

Considering the fact that they're all hovering around or at .500 ball, I COULDN'T HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA WHY.

While Minnesota is the only real stinker in the North, Chicago and Detroit are up there, and Green Bay has a PF-PA ratio of 158-139 despite being 1-6, which indicates that for whatever reason they just can't get it done in the end (injuries? coaching? who knows). Outside of Denver, you have KC and Oakland who don't scare anybody, and San Diego who's coming on a bit stronger now but stumbled frequently. They should be a hell of a lot better than .500 for being a supposedly better team than last year, one that pretty much ran away with the division.

The best divisions in the NFL this year without a doubt are the NFC South (with the Falcons, Bucs, AND Panthers all tied at 5-2.. coincidentally also the best records in the NFC along with the Giants and Seahawks who should win their divisions, especially Seattle) and the NFC East, who all sport winning records.

Also pretty amusing is how the AFC was supposedly SO much better than the NFC, yet there's 7 teams over .500 in the AFC and 9 in the NFC. There's been plenty of interconference play too, so that's not an excuse.

Yeah but the NFC are just so much jobbers. Nobody in the entire conf. looks like a serious threat to win the Super Bowl. That said, I think the worst division is now a tie between the NFC North and the AFC East.

As far as the Packers points scored vs. allowed remember they did have that insane squash of the Saints for the lone win and that skewed their stats.

The NFL is looking so much like MLB this year: a bunch of ok teams, some clunkers and no team that you can point to and say "They have the best chance to win it all this year". The Colts are the closest thing, but they've had a fairly easy schedule and they've had a certain tendency against a certain team from the Northeast. Teams that people thought would be good are either injury ridden (Patriots), inconsistent (Philly and a load of others) or just terrible (Minnesota).

The NFL is looking so much like MLB this year: a bunch of ok teams, some clunkers and no team that you can point to and say "They have the best chance to win it all this year".  The Colts are the closest thing, but they've had a fairly easy schedule and they've had a certain tendency against a certain team from the Northeast.  Teams that people thought would be good are either injury ridden (Patriots), inconsistent (Philly and a load of others) or just terrible (Minnesota).

05_CIN_Roethlisberger_386_58292.jpg

I knew that was coming. If he stays healthy, they probably are the #2 seed behind Indy (or #1 if Indy falters a bit).

Of course, there's that little problem of Cowher's inability to win title games.

Cowher has never had a franchise quarterback, either.

I'm not the biggest Cowher fan in the world (far from it), but how far would the Pats go with Rohan Davey as their starter, yet alone KORDELL STEWART or MOMMY MADDOX?

Last year, Ben was a rook. It was a given that he'd fuck up at some point. But, I still think the jury is out on Cowher; Ben has shown that he's an accurate enough passer to keep defenses honest (and then some), and now that he's got a legitimate threat in Heath Miller to complement Hines Ward and the smurfs, they could be ready to take the next step. Believe it or not, I actually think this game is very significant tonight. They need to prove that they can beat a team they're supposed to beat (ala Houston) on a big stage. I think, though, that this could actually be the year for the Steelers (of course, I'm a naive little Stiller fan). They've got two glaring weaknesses at RG and WILB, but they've got solid enough supporting players to make up for those weaknesses.

The NFL is looking so much like MLB this year: a bunch of ok teams, some clunkers and no team that you can point to and say "They have the best chance to win it all this year".  The Colts are the closest thing, but they've had a fairly easy schedule and they've had a certain tendency against a certain team from the Northeast.  Teams that people thought would be good are either injury ridden (Patriots), inconsistent (Philly and a load of others) or just terrible (Minnesota).

05_CIN_Roethlisberger_386_58292.jpg

vick104.jpg

Yeah but the NFC are just so much jobbers. Nobody in the entire conf. looks like a serious threat to win the Super Bowl. That said, I think the worst division is now a tie between the NFC North and the AFC East.

The NFC West deserves mention too. The 49ers are crap, the Cardinals are crap, the Rams aren't much better at this point and the Seahawks always find a way to screw up no matter how good they should be.

Right now New York, Carolina & Atlanta look the best in the NFC. But it is really a complete crapshoot from there. I have no clue who all is going to make the playoffs in the NFC. I assume Seattle will win their division with ease (more because of the lousy division than them being great), but other than that it is wide open. In the AFC, I think most people would agree that the 6 best teams are the Colts, Steelers, Bengals, Patriots, Broncos & Chargers and aside from maybe Jacksonville or Kansas City, the rest are also-rans.

Guest Vitamin X

Playoff predictions~!:

NFC (in no particular order, seeding will be determined by some wild close games down the stretch as usual):

Chicago

Tampa Bay

NY Giants

Seattle

Atlanta

Carolina

Threatening(in order of who's most dangerous to least): Philly, Washington, St. Louis, Dallas, Detroit.. and yeah if a miracle happens, Green Bay (HOMERISM)

Out of it: Minne-ha-ha, Arizona, San Francisco, New Baton Antonio Katrina victims

AFC:

Indianapolis

Cincinatti

Pittsburgh

Denver

New England

San Diego

Threatening (in order of who's most dangerous): Jacksonville, Kansas City, Miami

Out of it: Baltimore (it depends on the game tonight actually, if the Ravens win, they'll move up to "Threatening"), Buffalo, NY Jets, Cleveland, Tennessee, Houston, Oakland (sorry Raiderettes, you're not going anywhere with Kerry Collins at QB and the annual toughest schedule in the league)

Guest Vitamin X

The only thing I was banking on is the fact that they've lost all but one of their games by a touchdown or less, and maybe making a Carolina-esque comeback. We all know they're pretty much out of it though, unless they prove otherwise within the next few weeks.