TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SuperJerk

Stand back!

Guest JMA
I"m going to enjoy every second of this heel turn.  Hopefully they give him some time (on TV) to make it work.

Same here. He would've actually had TV time if that shitty Dr. McMahon skit wasn't on the show.

Guest Reservoir_Kitty

This is bad news for Helms, I think. They turn him heel - on the internet. They have him explain why - on the internet. Honestly, I wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't read about it here first. I don't go to WWE.com frequently - hell, I hardly go there at all - so I would've missed out on all of this.

Hopefully they start to give this more time, otherwise, Helms should really start thinking about his options. :( Fare thee well, Hurricane, I'll miss you.

Guest JMA

WWE Unlimited should only be used to show the parts of matches people are missing during commercial breaks and what happens after the show goes off the air. Important things (like heel turns) should be shown on-screen in their entirely.

I'm gonna miss the Hurricane character, but if it means at least a (slight) push for Gregory Helms then so be it. I'll still have my tapes to watch him on his matches with Jamie Noble, Stevie Richards (Vertebreaker, baby!!), Chris Jericho and of course the Rock, along with those awesome skits with him: "It was a special effect!!" Nothing TNA puts out can compare to those.

He NEEDS to booked as absolute dickhead, which is why I loved the Sugar Shane gimmick back in the day. Of course they won't do that.

Why not just give him the popstar-who-can't-sing-or-dance gimmick back?

John Cena is doing that.

:lol: , good one!

He NEEDS to booked as absolute dickhead, which is why I loved the Sugar Shane gimmick back in the day.  Of course they won't do that.

When was this? I thought Sugar Shane was a face.

He was heel at first. (I think) Not sure when he turned or if it was a gradual thing cuz people loved the vertabreaker.

This is bad news for Helms, I think. They turn him heel - on the internet. They have him explain why - on the internet. Honestly, I wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't read about it here first. I don't go to WWE.com frequently - hell, I hardly go there at all - so I would've missed out on all of this.

Hopefully they start to give this more time, otherwise, Helms should really start thinking about his options. :(  Fare thee well, Hurricane, I'll miss you.

Oh noes, not the internet! Seriously, it's not like he was doing anything that was worth putting on television in the first place.

He NEEDS to booked as absolute dickhead, which is why I loved the Sugar Shane gimmick back in the day.  Of course they won't do that.

He was heel at first. (I think) Not sure when he turned or if it was a gradual thing cuz people loved the vertabreaker.

As the resident 3Count mark, allow me to explain:

-3Count debuted as heels, with Evan Karagias being the only one of the three previously in WCW for any length of time. Fans were indifferent to them because of the lame gimmick.

-Tank Abbot became 3Count's abusive manager in an angle that could have worked were it not Tank Abbot and instead somebody with SOME range of acting ability.

-3Count got fed up with Tank, as Tank costed them many matches against their rivals the Jung Dragons (Kaz Hayashi, Jimmy Yang, and Jamie Noble as Jamie-san), and beat him in a 3-on-1 hardcore handicap match...BARELY.

-The feud with the Jung Dragons continued following a short feud with Norman Smiley over the Hardcore title, and dissention within the ranks of both teams began.

-In late 2000, 3Count became, basically, 2Count as Evan Karagias and Shannon Moore kicked Sugah Shane out of the "band" for "getting an ego." Likewise, on the Jung Dragons, Jamie-san was booted out by their manager, Kimona Wanalaya (I forget her name in WCW at this point, but it's the same person) for being the jobber of the group.

-3-WAY WARFARE! Evan/Moore, Hayashi/Yang, and Helms/Noble (who unmasked following his departure) was a common match on Nitro and Thunder.

-Sugah Shane finally got revenge over Evan Karagias on a Nitro before SuperBrawl: Revenge, and revenge over Shannon Moore on a Thunder before WCW Greed.

So yeah. I pretty much just made the whole gimmick seem THAT much better, but, in truth, I was a mark for 3Count, right down to the terrible theme music, awful entrance video, and insynchronized dancing.

WRESTLING NEEDS ANOTHER BOYBAND.

As the resident 3Count mark, allow me to explain:

-3Count debuted as heels, with Evan Karagias being the only one of the three previously in WCW for any length of time. Fans were indifferent to them because of the lame gimmick.

-Tank Abbot became 3Count's abusive manager in an angle that could have worked were it not Tank Abbot and instead somebody with SOME range of acting ability.

-3Count got fed up with Tank, as Tank costed them many matches against their rivals the Jung Dragons (Kaz Hayashi, Jimmy Yang, and Jamie Noble as Jamie-san), and beat him in a 3-on-1 hardcore handicap match...BARELY.

-The feud with the Jung Dragons continued following a short feud with Norman Smiley over the Hardcore title, and dissention within the ranks of both teams began.

-In late 2000, 3Count became, basically, 2Count as Evan Karagias and Shannon Moore kicked Sugah Shane out of the "band" for "getting an ego." Likewise, on the Jung Dragons, Jamie-san was booted out by their manager, Kimona Wanalaya (I forget her name in WCW at this point, but it's the same person) for being the jobber of the group.

-3-WAY WARFARE! Evan/Moore, Hayashi/Yang, and Helms/Noble (who unmasked following his departure) was a common match on Nitro and Thunder.

-Sugah Shane finally got revenge over Evan Karagias on a Nitro before SuperBrawl: Revenge, and revenge over Shannon Moore on a Thunder before WCW Greed.

So yeah. I pretty much just made the whole gimmick seem THAT much better, but, in truth, I was a mark for 3Count, right down to the terrible theme music, awful entrance video, and insynchronized dancing.

WRESTLING NEEDS ANOTHER BOYBAND.

Umm no. Helms stayed with Moore. Karagias went to team with Noble.

Guest Coffey

Helms will get a slight push and then fade into obscurity again. What's he going to do, feud with Rosey on Heat? He doesn't have the Vertebreaker anymore and he can't talk well because of his speech problem. He's also way too small to be taken seriously, at least in WWE.

IC title, tops.

It's sad though because I like Helms and felt the Hurricane gimmick was holding him back. The harsh reality is that his gimmick doesn't matter, his employing company does.

Guest AndrewisyourHero
Man, Karagious sure got around.  He teamed w/ Kid Romeo for a while, too.  Whatta tag team slut.

Plus, there was the whole Mrs. Robinson angle with Medusa..eww.

Guest Ransome
WWE Unlimited should only be used to show the parts of matches people are missing during commercial breaks and what happens after the show goes off the air. Important things (like heel turns) should be shown on-screen in their entirely.

At this point, I'm certain we can expect more and more Internet-only segments, including important storyline developments. There's actually an interesting quote from Joey Styles that explains why this is:

Think about this, assuming internet reports are true (and they are only correct 50% of the time from what I have seen), WWE wants to bring Jim Ross back when Austin wins at Taboo Tuesday to call RAW live on WWE.com.

Right now, approximately 3.2 million homes watch RAW on TV and 350,000 homes watch RAW on WWE.com.

With JR anchoring the online show as the biggest babyface in the company, the weekly online audience can grow to up to 1 million homes weekly which would make mainstream media news headlines.

Furthermore, WWE does not sell or retain revenues from any commercials that air on TV...but they sell and retain all revenues for commercials on WWE.com. A Jim Ross hosted RAW could easily be worth millions annually in ad revenue to WWE. They can even put JR's announce table on the other side of the RAW entrance so he is seen on TV and TV fans are directed to WWE.com where WWE keeps the ad revenue!

I'll even take this one step further. As the entire world moves to broadband over the next five years and streaming online video is full screen and TV quality, what if WWE did not need to air their programming anywhere but WWE.com. What if pay-per-views were only available online where WWE keeps 100% of the revenues vs. TV pay-per-view which allows WWE, TNA, UFC, etc to keep only 40% of the revenues.

Guest jenzie

surprised they're dumping "the hurricane" character, as they could have made him "the dark hurricane" ..... as hurricanes are bad now :D