TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

Total Non-Stop Action

Plus, choke Slamming people through steel grates 40 feet below and then hitting a 60 foot frog splash....awesome.

I miss the days where SD! would let you climb up the sets (like on top of the Tron, the SD! fist, or the KOTR chair).

Best coverage from Atlanta: www.wrestlinggamers.com

wrestlinggamers.com

Matt Parker here coming at you LIVE from the TNA EVENT IN ATLANTA! I had a chance to sit down with the developer, rather one of the developers of TNA Impact The Video Game to get YOUR questions answered. Below are the answers and some extra info!

As of now there are 25 wrestlers in the game

Each system WILL have exclusives but they have not been determined as of yet

Season mode will be based fully on the created wrestlers, there will be no season for the standard roster. It starts with the player waking up after plastic surgery in Mexico and then deciding to enter wrestling….

Isn't this pretty old? The reason I ask (I remember reading it somewhere a long time ago) is because I'm hoping it's just some joke or rumor that someone's put out there..

I still say the best SD game was SvR '06.

The TNA game may prove fun, but it's going to have to do a whole lot of work to edge out Def Jam: FFNY as my favorite wrestling/fighting game in recent years.

I shed a tear knowing that Def Jam was a great series until somebody decided it needed a retooling and spat out Icon.

Hopefully TNA can at least deliver something decent as I haven't been too impressed by the last two outings of SvR.

The very first Def Jam was the best one out of the entire series. Each one afterwards just seemed to start get worse and worse.

FFNY fucking ruled.

The first one was better wrestling wise, but the second one was a fucking awesome game with kinda the same mechanics. The ICON game was horrible. And I only played the demo...that was enough.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/866/866807p2.html

My god, this game looks awesome. Even if the gameplay isn't the greatest (For instance, didn't really like the 10-15 hits Booker did in the Booker/Joe video but), it no doubt LOOKS amazing. And the Ultimate X should be a fairly fun, new interesting thing for wrestling games.

Can't wait to play as MCMGs, and Styles. Their models look amazing.

Wonder if they're gonna take out models for like Senshi, and Abyss. (what happened to Abyss anyways? He's not on the TNA roster page.)

He's storyline gone. They're letting him freshen up and then bringing him back. He'll be in the game.

Senshi is a question mark. He and Dutt did motion capturing...so you'd think they were meant to be in the game...neither has been announced and he left the company.

If I had to guess... they'll probably take him off but leave his moveset for CAW.

There are 25 wrestlers and 18 have been announced:

1. Sting

2. Kurt Angle

3. AJ Styles

4. Christian Cage

5. Samoa Joe

6. Booker T

7. Abyss

8. Jay Lethal

9. Christopher Daniels

10. Eric Young

11. Homicide

12. Hernandez

13. Chris Sabin

14. Alex Shelley

15. Rhino

16. Tomko

17. Scott Steiner

18. Jeff Jarrett

That leaves 7 and the people that I see as guys you'd figure are in: Brother Ray, Brother Dvon seem obvious. Nash seems likely. I'd like to see James Storm and Robert Roode since their regularly pushed guys...

That leaves Petey Williams, Sonjay Dutt, Kaz, Sharkboy and everyone else fighting for the last 2 I guess.

25 wrestlers? Jesus, I hope they have a CAW feature that gives you plenty of spots. Even the shitty Smackdown games would give you double that many wrestlers (either right away or as unlockables).

I think I need to do more research on to how the controls will be, but I might pick this one up, provided that, as I said, they have a CAW mode where I could add more wrestlers to the roster.

He's storyline gone. They're letting him freshen up and then bringing him back. He'll be in the game.

Senshi is a question mark. He and Dutt did motion capturing...so you'd think they were meant to be in the game...neither has been announced and he left the company.

If I had to guess... they'll probably take him off but leave his moveset for CAW.

*snip list*

That leaves 7 and the people that I see as guys you'd figure are in: Brother Ray, Brother Dvon seem obvious. Nash seems likely. I'd like to see James Storm and Robert Roode since their regularly pushed guys...

That leaves Petey Williams, Sonjay Dutt, Kaz, Sharkboy and everyone else fighting for the last 2 I guess.

Weird, the list I saw was the exact same as yours, except Abyss wasn't in it, and Shark Boy was.

(of course, there's Abyss screenshots going around, so we know he's in it, but does that confirm Shark Boy as well?)

In addition to the names bps21 listed, Shark Boy, Senshi, Petey Williams, and Sonjay Dutt have also been confirmed.

As far as the 25 man roster goes, there are only 35 men listed on TNAwrestling.com's roster page. Add in Abyss, and that makes 36.

From those 36, subtract Elix Skipper because, well, he's Elix Skipper. 35.

Rellik came in too late. 34.

Jimmy Rave and Lance Hoyt were nothing at the time the roster was finalized. 32.

Matt Morgan just started actually wrestling for the company. 31.

Johnny Devine wasn't even active when the roster was finalized. 30.

No Kip or BG James? Who gives a fuck? 28.

The only noteworthy names not listed amongst the 22 confirmed are Kaz, Kevin Nash, and Team 3D, and they'll likely be in. So the roster is just fine.

So according to Gamespot.com, TNA Impact is coming out in Sept.

I don't know...I'm still loving some of the animations I've seen in the videos. Although that video makes me wonder how you're supposed to grab someone who's got the X? Unless the only way is to climb yourself.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33085.html

Wow. I think all hope that I had for this game was just destroyed in one video.

That just made the Ultimate X match look HORRIBLE.

Come on. It wasn't bad at all. If all of your expectations were riding on how a demo of the Ultimate X match was played than you should probably steer clear of this game or any wrestling game with gimmick matches.

What, you're telling me that DIDN'T look like a complete pile of shit?

If they can't put out a video that doesn't make the biggest selling point in the game not look pathetic, than they shouldn't have put the video out there in the first place.

its a gimmick match. I highly doubt I would be playing the ultimate X matches anyway. the combat, animations all have looked great so once I get some gameplay details I will decide if I want it or not.

In this video you saw a total of two moves in the ultimate x. the climing and the jump to pull them down. I am going to assume there will be more to it than this. Maybe those playing sucked?

It must just be me, but I can't get those last two videos to run smoothly on gametrailers. They're really jerky.

Dude, that game is gonna fucking suck; shit is this mo-capped? If it is, I don't want that shit. It looks like a Legends of Wrestling game in HD, fuck that shit man, this is gonna be like the last game, where that shit could appeal to fucking stoners... only apropraite for TNA's first game.

Dude, that game is gonna fucking suck; shit is this mo-capped? If it is, I don't want that shit. It looks like a Legends of Wrestling game in HD, fuck that shit man, this is gonna be like the last game, where that shit could appeal to fucking stoners... only apropraite for TNA's first game.

Um..... TNA hasn't had a game yet.

Somehow, from that tangled mess of "words", I think that by "last game" he meant his reference to Legends of Wrestling. Maybe. Who knows. It's not worth trying to understand.