TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodSpikeJenkins

PROMO: "The Long Road to the Middle"

I meant to post this the other day, but I guess I forgot and I haven’t been online since…so yeah…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROMO: "The Long Road to the Middle"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With SWF Storm written and in the books, the wrestlers and crew begin to make their leave from some random building that is near Mt. Rushmore. Except for one man. That man is of course, “Hollywood” Spike Jenkins.

Sitting alone, licking his wounds (not literally) after his hardcore match with Akira Kaibatsu…which he lost. Which, lately, he has been doing a lot of. Leading up to the biggest match of his life…this isn’t really a good thing.

“How can this be happening? This isn’t how things are suppose to be…” mumbles the Number One Contender to the SWF World Heavyweight Title, “This isn’t the way it was suppose to go down…all those plans I made…this isn’t the road that leads to my destiny…”

*Knock Knock Knock*

Spike turns his attention towards the doorway and the sound of his jaw dropping is heard.

“Oh my God…

…MAK?”

Yes, indeed. Mak Francis stands in the doorway, looking down at his former protégé.

“Yeah, it’s me.”

“What are you doing here?” asks the Hollywood Superstar who now jumps to his feet to greet his guest.

“Well…I came to see the show?”

“Really? You flew out from Philly to see the show?”

“No…I am actually in a race around the world!”

“Really?”

“But that is besides the point…Anyway!” continues the former United States Champion, “Not such a good night?”

“You saw the show.”

“That is true…want to talk about it?”

“Not really.”

“Good. Then I can do all the talking.”

“What?” Spike asks confused as Mak leans against the wall in a, you know, cool fashion and jazz.

“Spike, what has been going on? What is with this losing streak?”

“I don’t know, Mak!” says Jenkins, “At first, I thought it was just because ELM was getting to me…but I don’t know anymore. Maybe it’s a sign?”

“A sign of what?”

“That maybe I DON’T belongs in the main event. Maybe I’m not good enough to beat ELM or from what has been going on, anybody!”

“Spike, you know that isn’t true,” Mak begins, “All that destiny mumbo-jumbo I heard you talking about when I came in here. Doesn’t exist. Spike, you have the talent to beat ELM and to beat anyone in this company. You just have to work for it.”

“Ya thank?”

“Damn son, I know that for a fact!”

“That kinda makes sense…there is no destiny involved…I just have to work for it.”

“That’s right, man! Don’t you remember our days in the sWo and how you studied under me? All the pointers and tips I gave you? You worked hard during those days and WON! You have to get back into that state of mind!”

“Back when I was in the sWo with you?”

“Back when you were my protégé, yeah!”

“All right…I’ll give it a shot.”

“Good! Trust me, you’ll end up winning and going into Ashes 2 Ashes with a ton of momentum against ELM!”

“Thanks, Mak.”

“No problem, man. Anytime,” says Francis as he begins to head out the door, “And by the way…good luck with winning the big one. You know…in case you don’t hear from me in awhile.”

A puzzled look comes over the face of Jenkins, “Why? Where are you going?”

“I told you! I’m involved in a race around the world!”

Mak exits the room, but his last words can be heard through an echo…

“Australia! Here I come!”

Wheelchair races around the retirement complex!

Angry, bitter grumbling!

Thinking back to how many things could be purchased with a dollar in their youth!

Comparing how hard their lives were as children!

The eating of pudding!

We'd act too emo for Wheelchair races.

One thing's for sure, I think a lot of people would want to see a Sacred vs. Francis around the world Balloon race, with a 90 day time limit.

Sign in to follow this