TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Austin Walks Out Again

Austin walks out just prior to a PPV he's booked on.

What a locker room leader.

Uh, but Austin losing to the fucking Coach... that... is... beyond... stupid.

You say locker room leader... I ask, where is the leadership amoung the fools coming up with this crap? Someone needs to call the WWE writing staff on their idiocy!

Guest *KNK*
Lets just face the fact that Austin is a whiney bitch.

Speaks the truth. ^

Christian simply doesn't sign a new contract, but works one more date as asked.

Exactly, if this was HBK or HHH people would be crying foul.

Austin continues to do it and all is OK. :rolleyes:

The internet basically tore Austin apart in 2002 for walking out.

This time WWE altered the plans against the terms Austin agreed with, not only was going to waste his return match on a throwaway ppv but against the heel announcer. Making matters worst, intended to job him to that announcer thanks to the interference of Mark Henry (someone who hasn't been seen on WWE tv in over a year and with a history of failure to get over as a monster heel).

WWE decided to de-value the importance of Austin's return match, lessened his credibility going into the big money match @ Mania and to top it off, they weren't even going to bring Ross back when that was the agreement Austin was going with.

Basically, WWE completely flipped the script and in one fell swoop wanted to waste Austin's lingering draw for nothing except McMahon's personal ego.

So if the plan was Coach beating Austin, are they now going to have Coach beat Batista? Now that wouldn't be good for business.

Lets just face the fact that Austin is a whiney bitch.

Speaks the truth. ^

Christian simply doesn't sign a new contract, but works one more date as asked.

Exactly, if this was HBK or HHH people would be crying foul.

Austin continues to do it and all is OK. :rolleyes:

Probably, but it doesn't mean that HBK or HHH jobbing to Coach isn't just as retarded, if not more so.

Seriously, Austin has only so much to give at this point, and he's going to spend it putting over Coach due to Mark Henry? Give me a fucking break. Furthermore, he probably only agreed to the match in the first place since A) he thought WWE wouldn't actually job him to Coachman and B) he thought it was just like any other JR gets his job back angle and agreed to do it as a personal favor to him.

Say what you want about walking out before, and I'll likely agree (despite being with him on the Brock situation), but here he's pretty damn justified.

Uh, but Austin losing to the fucking Coach... that... is... beyond... stupid.

You say locker room leader... I ask, where is the leadership amoung the fools coming up with this crap? Someone needs to call the WWE writing staff on their idiocy!

Austin only calls them on their idiocy when it affects him. Otherwise he doesn't give a crap.

Guest *KNK*

Someone needs to call the WWE writing staff on their idiocy!

Like Mick Foley did a few years ago? Oh, you mean and actually keep their word? Never going to happen.

Guest *KNK*

Like Mick Foley did a few years ago? Oh, you mean and actually keep their word? Never going to happen.

That too.

The only person I can think of that basically outright called WWE out on their stupidity and stick to it without completely burning bridges was Raven.

If Raven called Vince up right now and said "I can get out of the contract with TNA, if you hire me", Vince would have a ticket waiting for him from Orlando to Hartford in an instant.

That too.

The only person I can think of that basically outright called WWE out on their stupidity and stick to it without completely burning bridges was Raven.

If Raven called Vince up right now and said "I can get out of the contract with TNA, if you hire me", Vince would have a ticket waiting for him from Orlando to Hartford in an instant.

Only too stick it to TNA. Vince will take anyone back if it means sticking it to someone he hates even more than the guy coming back.

Guest *KNK*

That too.

Only too stick it to TNA. Vince will take anyone back if it means sticking it to someone he hates even more than the guy coming back.

Don't forget the ECW aspect of Raven. Vince will take anything he can to continue to bleed money out from the dead horse that is ECW.

Vince will take anything he can to continue to bleed money out from the dead horse that is ECW.

There's a Shane Douglas joke in there somewhere.

Scratch that...there are two Shane Douglas jokes in there somwhere.

It's the old adage of the enemy of my enemy is my friend. However in the "E's" case it's the enemy of my enemy is my friend until our mutual enemy is dead and then I will turn and bury my other enemy. So if Raven were to come back, Vince would bring him back in order to bury TNA and then quickly bury and release Raven.

At this juncture, I think the anabolics have gone to the old man's head and well whatever that crap that's in the Kool-Aid served in the creative meetings needs to be investigated by the DEA and FDA.

Without reading through three pages of this, has anyone even mentioned that outside of Coachman beating Austin due to help from Henry being ridiculous simply because it IS ridiculous, that they were supposed to be building to an Austin vs Hogan match at WM22?

Hogan vs the guy that lost his return match to an announcer with help from Mark Henry.

Wonder what the status of that match is now.

Guest *KNK*

What disapoints me is the excuse they used for Austin "He had an accident".

Completely baiting the fans into thinking he'll be back pretty soon and you can be assured they will tease it for a couple weeks as well.

So if the plan was Coach beating Austin, are they now going to have Coach beat Batista? Now that wouldn't be good for business.

Yeah cause the plan was to have Austin lose to Coach because of Mark Henry returning AGAIN as a "monster". But now that Vader and Goldust are here...that might mean Batista loses by interference from Vader, Goldust AND Mark Henry. And it STILL wouldn't be believeable and it would suck ass cause Batista is undefeated and the World Champ :huh:

There has to be something more to this than just Austin refusing to lose to Coach. Was Austin beating Coach really something to let Austin walk out over? Why have Austin lose? Why not have Austin win and then have Mark Henry attack Austin after? They don't have to bring back JR right away. They can just bullshit there way through it like they've done with many storylines before. And if Batista does beat Coach, why could he beat Coach but Austin had to lose?

You know, bait and switching the fans by having Coach "rig" the voting so that they'd have a verbal debate, then have Austin beat the piss out of him to make the crowd happy, then bait and switch the Ross turn, accomplishes the same thing and follows the storyline they were planning to go with. This also keeps Austin away from the ring, keeping the novelty of his "big return match" for Hogan.

This is how I had the angle booked from the moment they announced the stipulations. It's the natural progression with how the promotion operates, but they don't even follow their own guidelines anymore.

Guest *KNK*
There has to be something more to this than just Austin refusing to lose to Coach. Was Austin beating Coach really something to let Austin walk out over? Why have Austin lose? Why not have Austin win and then have Mark Henry attack Austin after? They don't have to bring back JR right away. They can just bullshit there way through it like they've done with many storylines before. And if Batista does beat Coach, why could he beat Coach but Austin had to lose?

I think the most important question is this, how and why did Coach and Mark Henry ever get involved into this in the first place? Mark Henry has a few months left on his historic contract (which, btw they will re-sign him at much lower and reduced cost just to spite us). Coach is a good heel, a classic coward heel but no where near worth going over Austin for.

The reason for this? Just to stick it to Jim Ross even more and that situation right there is fucked up enough as it is. There's so many layers of idiocy to this whole situation that Vince Russo is baffled by it.

Also, What are they gaining by using Batista as his replacement? My inital guess is to salvage the buy-rate (if there is a god, it will tank at all time levels). Vader was even used wrong here. If anything Carlito could've gotten Vader to be on his side just for the whole Jack/Vader history. I guess that was too logical to do.

The whole promotion, much less this specific storyline is one giant cluster fuck and the sad thing is, the really significant part of the day (Christian's departure) has alredy slipped under the radar in favor of Austin's usual antics.

Guest *KNK*
The WWE really can't book well on the fly...and it's downright disturbing.

It's funny they have the greatest on the fly booker/writer sitting in a little office in Louisville and they aren't even bothering to call him up and ask "Okay, Austin left. How do we salvage all this shit?", instead they seemingly...I don't know what they are doing. Just bringing guys like Vader is just so random, that it doesnt even make sense on WWE logic levels.

I could be wrong but I believe Austin and Christian are friends (Christian invented "What"). Perhaps that is also a factor? I just assumed Austin would win but they would say "ok you win, so we'll rehire JR... for WWE.com". The fact they wouldn't even bend for that is really confusing, as HTQ said.

Guest *KNK*
I could be wrong but I believe Austin and Christian are friends (Christian invented "What"). Perhaps that is also a factor? I just assumed Austin would win but they would say "ok you win, so we'll rehire JR... for WWE.com". The fact they wouldn't even bend for that is really confusing, as HTQ said.

Their friendship is irrlevant to these two situations. Both were just instances of both men seeing the writing on the wall and knew to get out. Just happened to occur the same day.

Christian didn't invent "What?"

Austin left Christian a voice mail where he happened to leave a message full of "whats"...then he thought of doing it on TV

It's funny that Austin seems to know less about his storyline than those watching the show and reading the dirtsheets - everyone here KNEW that JR wasn't getting his job back soon for various reasons (Vince hates him), so it was pretty obvious that Austin wouldn't be winning the match.

I'm torn on this whole thing.

On the one hand, the whole Coach/Austin/JR thing is utter bullshit. If I ran WWE, I would instantly fire and have beaten up anybody who proposed an angle with the announcing crew. The whole feud never should have happened.

On the other hand, the fact that Austin agreed to the initial concept pisses me off. He should have known that any feud with Coach (no matter the outcome) is a loser, and had it killed right from the start.

I am also getting a little tired of hearing how it's just not the right time for Austin to job. You can always make a case for Austin not jobbing, and then end result is that he never puts someone over. Funny how it always ends up working that way.

I'm not saying an Austin job should be spent on Coach, but come on. He has to put somebody over.