TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest *KNK*

NFL Week Nine

Well, technically this is a big game for the NFC North. If the Vikes win they are in the thick of things still. But yeah, it is a crappy game.

David Carr actually looking like a quaterback against the Jags.

8/10, 98 yards with a TD.

Texans lead 7-0 (hey, it's a fucking accomplishment for them!)

Guest *KNK*
David Carr actually looking like a quaterback against the Jags.

8/10, 98 yards with a TD.

Texans lead 7-0 (hey, it's a fucking accomplishment for them!)

I knew there was a reason I had a good feeling about picking Houston.

So the outcome decides which order they are in? FEEL THE EXCITEMENT!

It's more important than that. I probably should've clarified what importance the rankings have.

In the CFL, three teams from each division make the playoffs (there's a "crossover rule," but I won't get into that). Second and third play each other in the division semi-finals, and the winner plays the first-place team in the division finals the week after.

Essentially, Calgary is playing for the home game next week (and major bragging rights over the Eskies, who are their biggest rivals and possible playoff opponents). Edmonton can finish first and get the bye with a win; incredible, since the B.C. Lions started the season 11-0.

Yes, explaining the CFL playoff format IS something that the Vikings and Lions can drive me to doing.

So, do the Jets believe in pass coverage?

Brees has 171 yards in the first half with nine minutes still to play. He's only thrown one incompletion.

And LT just picked up his third touchdown of the game. The Chargers are going OFF on the Jets.

LT numbers: 44 rushing yards, 40 receiving yards, and the 3 TD's

Jets should take Reggie Bush first. They might be able to find a quarterback in free agency or find a decent one in the second/third round. Curtis Martin is done. He had a great career but it's over.

First the Patriots lose at home and now one of the greatest win streaks in NFL history might be coming to an end today. I know everyone will be shocked to hear this.

Anthony Wright, is trailing in Baltimore.

I'll keep you posted on this possibly historic ESPN CLASSIC style day in the NFL.

Guest *KNK*
Jets should take Reggie Bush first. They might be able to find a quarterback in free agency or find a decent one in the second/third round. Curtis Martin is done. He had a great career but it's over.

SF will pick up Reggie Bush. They should try to get Shaun or Edge in FA.

Anyone think that the Chargers will try to trade Philip Rivers in the off-season?

Vikes now are up 24-0.

Guest *KNK*
Anyone think that the Chargers will try to trade Philip Rivers in the off-season?

Vikes now are up 24-0.

Wasn't that obvious awhile ago? I wonder who'll take Rivers, I'll call Cleveland.

Vikes now are up 24-0.

Wasn't that obvious awhile ago? I wonder who'll take Rivers, I'll call Cleveland.

Why not the Jets? I wouldn't give up higher than a second/third round pick but considering the other option is Matt USC, I don't see the point in wasting the pick on him. He's really not that good.

Jets would be better off chasing Vince Young or trading for Rivers than going for Matthew.

For some reason I am not sold on Vince Young as an NFL QB. I see him as a poorer version of Michael Vick.

Guest *KNK*
For some reason I am not sold on Vince Young as an NFL QB.  I see him as a poorer version of Michael Vick.

I've seen Vince Young complete a pass before, Im waiting for Michael to do that.

"Good god, broken in half!"

From ESPN.com

It might not have been just Terrell Owens' fighting words that led to his suspension from the Eagles.

It seems a fistfight also contributed to his being banished indefinitely.

Owens got into a fight on Wednesday with former Eagles defensive end and current team ambassador Hugh Douglas, the Trenton Times reported and ESPN's Chris Mortensen confirmed Sunday.

A team source told Mortensen that Douglas, whose post with the Eagles he re-titled "bad-ass-ador," entered the team's training room Wednesday and announced "I know there are people in here faking injuries." The comment apparently led to the scrum between Owens and Douglas.

One source told the Times the fight "was like WWE Smackdown." Another source told the paper both Douglas and Owens threw at least two punches before Owens challenged quarterback Donovan McNabb and then everyone else in the room, saying "You want some? Anyone else want some?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2215718

Guest *KNK*

I swear T.O lives in a WWE world. Completely sucked into his character and ego and blind to reality.

I don't think the Cowboys make a move for a quarterback this year.

Bledsoe has bought them a two-year reprieve from the quarterback hunt.

Plus, we need to see how Drew Henson will develop *snicker*

For some reason I am not sold on Vince Young as an NFL QB.  I see him as a poorer version of Michael Vick.

Wouldn't he be more like a poor mans Daunte Cullpepper? I haven't seen that much of Young, but I'd say hes more built like Daunte than Vick.

Bengals figured the play was dead anyway so the stopped chasing him, had the whistle not blown the play dead they'd have sacked him before he made it to the end zone.