TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Mandarin

Star Wars Battlefront II

Anybody else pick it up today?

Well, I rented it and played multiplayer for a bit. Must say, it's a bit different from the original. Fighting in space is a lark. Haven't really tried out too many modes and maps yet, though.

I was absolutely in love with the original, however. Is that a Greatest Hit now?

Yes, Battlefront is a greatest hit. I bought the new one today, haven't opened it yet.

picked it up tuesday...it is different from the original(which is badass) but so far I'm liking it...the levels are a little too dark but I may just need to make some adjustments...and the rules are different(capture the flag) and yeah the space levels are pretty sweet...

Grievous has nothing on Vader and oddly enough Princess Leia is pretty badass too...that's one thing that makes this game better(the special characters)...

Apprently there might be a heroe's battle. Gamecrazy had a vendor show in Las Vegas for all the store manager, its sorta like their E3. I guess the managers were showed a mode where all the heroes were battling each other and I guess it was really cool to play. The vendor was hyping it up and everything but I haven't found it yet on the game. Has anyone heard anything about it.

Go into quick action or something like that like that and pick Mos Eisley. Then select assault. Enjoy.

I rented the game, took it up to my friend's place, and did a conquest with my friends. We played until five in the morning. Its fun fighting with a few friends because with an ammo upgrade, we have nine grenades with a clone trooper to start.

One level that the droids kept challenging us in was Kamino. Well, there are bridges connecting platforms in that level. Right after we spawn we charge the center of the map and start lofting grenades onto a bridge. Seeing six to eight grenades going off at once in one area is pretty fucking sweet.

Also, being able to bring in a Jedi during these battles with guns and turrets is fun because the other guys really have no chance.

Best Buy has this game on for $24.99 CAD. What's the replay value like and is it worth getting the PS2 version or the PC version? :)

I got this game for the original price (about 50,00$) for PC and I still play i over a year later. Replay value is pretty high because of the Galactic Conquest mode, which gives you a couple of different scenarios and is pretty fun to play. Playing online isn't that bad actually. With the experience I had with other shooters and people cheating and screaming at the sight of a noob, I was disgusted by online play until I tried this game. It looks like people are a lot more relaxed, and even though I'm not that good at shooters, I can still manage to get a lot of kills.

I'd say buy it, it's well worth it.

Is this an FPS? The screens on the back gave me the impression that it wasn't. Though I can't check any gaming sites from work at the moment. :(