TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Damaramu

Good lifting plan?

Guest DRH 502

randomguy, My post really wasn't mean to be taken seriously. Just my way of saying arguing over my passion for bodybuilding is silly and i'm done. Yeah having fat cheeks sucks I think i'm gonna go for cutting down and losing them lol. My abs suck, as they should. I never work out abs. But whether you are building muscle for athletic purposes, or to be aestethicaly pleasing, the advice remains the same. Muscle grows the way muscle grows, whether you are lifting for this reason or that reason. Despite bullshit myths, you can't lift higher reps/lower sets and burn fat or lift low reps and high sets to build bulk. Either way you are tearing microfibers and your body is gonna repair them and build muscle. Period. Dama, its a long hard road. I started out weighing all of 160 pounds last year, and i'm hovering around 205 right now (almost a year later). It takes work, but its worth it.

We need a before pic!

You know Donnie(and please don't take offense to this) you look like one of those redneck g'd up guys. I figured you might be b/c you live in Kentucky and living in Oklahoma I've seen plenty.

Guest DRH 502

Hey dude the sticker has a "Fuck" written on the B in Bush and a "suck my dick" on the C in Cheney. The mirror just doesn't pick up on it good. GIMME MY DAMN PASS BACK.

Also Dam I have a pic, but the after is a few months old and i'm a bit bigger now. Still it gives you a gauge of the transformation...in this case about 6 months.

Don't laugh at me also the only reason I usually wear a hat is when my hair is looking shabby. I usually like to walk around looking all Matt Hughes' esque. :)

BEFOREAFTER.jpg

Again stupid facial expressions. I need to work on that. My arms are my worst feature. I am 6' and my arms are long as fuck...they won't fill out right my Biceps won't peak...

Damn dude. In only 6 months? But I have longer to go than you. I have my spare tire to lose. I have gone from wearing a 3x to a 1x though.

I just can't get down with the hat tilted to the side. Then again I've never had a ghetto pass.

Did you hit a tanning booth in that 6 months too?

Guest DRH 502

I work outside so I have a tan the months of the year I can walk around in shorts and no shirt and i'm white as fuck for a few months in the winter...

Dude you can lose the weight, working out is like 60 percent mental 40 percent physical. Maybe even more mental than that.

Guest DRH 502

Yeah I went tanning one time. My asshole friend put me in a bed for 20 minutes. To be fair he thought since I was so tan on the upperbody my lower body would be the same. My ass got so fucking blistered...literally. No tanning for me.

Guest DRH 502

I should also point out that purple clock was a clock my sister broke so I set it on 4:20 and hung it up. :D

Aight, dawg. You can have your pass back, but don't be tellin' the other niggas.

"Yeah I went tanning one time. My asshole friend put me in a bed for 20 minutes. To be fair he thought since I was so tan on the upperbody my lower body would be the same. My ass got so fucking blistered...literally. No tanning for me."

My Sister-In-Law did this to my Brother once.

She tanned regularly, and laid for 25 minutes.

She put him down for 15, and he'd never laid in a tanning bed before. Dude was fucked up.

He's got permanent tan lines from where he wore boxers, pulled up.

Shit's hilarious. We give him hell about it all the time. The worst part is it was dude's birthday.

And damn homie, you got cut quick. D's gonna fail the Wellness Program! :D

"Dude you can lose the weight, working out is like 60 percent mental 40 percent physical. Maybe even more mental than that."

This is true. I was skinny as fuck until I was 12, then I started busting my ass and was in better shape then any of the jocks in gym class by the time 7th grade started that year. I was straight pimpin'.

When I started working out I was about 143 pounds, and within about 4 months I was up to 165. You see results really fast when you first start out. After that it becomes more about marginal gains unless you really devote yourself to it with the right diet, regimen, etc.

And yeah the most important thing by far is stay motivated, don't slack, push yourself for that one extra rep, etc. You just have to keep pushing ahead the best you can.

that's it, right there. Keep pushing.

When you stretch, stretch til it burns, then ease up. Don't over exert yourself stretching, you'll pull something. That's one of the very first things you learn in any Martial Arts class.

When you're working out, keep pushing. Don't stop til your lungs collapse.

You're on an exercise, you get to one that makes you think,"Last one, can't go anymore"

Then you do another one, and you tell yourself you can.

Then you do it again, and again...

Guest DRH 502

Hell yeah. Speaking of which Till I Collapse by Eminem is a great song to get you fucking PUMPED before a work out.

Yeah but you all need to differentiate between exhaustion and pain. Yes, if you can force another GOOD REP (not just slinging that weight up and letting it drop) then more power to you. If you're tired. But if something hurts, DO NOT PUSH IT. I'm not talking about sore the next day, I'm talking about a sharp pain.

You will *FUCK* yourself up not listening to your body telling you that you're injured. Do not do that!

Guest DRH 502

You are spot on with that. You just have to know your body, after a while you just know when to stop and when to push on. I never go into a workout thinking i'm gonna do X number of sets, I just always go in thinking my first set (which is usually a superset of a compound lift and an isolation lift) will go at least 4-5 sets, next exercise 3-4, then 3 if warranted.

Dam, superset your exercise. It will help you burn off more calories while you lift. If I were you i'd look into some Optimum Nutrition 100 Percent Whey (Chocolate Mint is good, Rocky Road is decent) and start supplementing a shake post workout, and about an hour pre workout have a light meal with some carbs(like good carbs not processed shit). If you are serious about getting into shape man, just get with me on AIM or keep with me through PMs or MySpace. Follow my advice for a month and if you don't see great results then you know i'm just some dumbass hick who knows nothing about Kinesiology...however it won't get to that point. ;)

Diet only works if you can keep it up.

Don't do something you don't want to do for the rest of your life.

Burning calories through lifting is fallacious, you burn calories best through cardio, you build muscle lifting.

Chicken, Tuna, Apples, Oranges, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cottage Cheese, Salsa, Blueberries, Strawberries, Salmon, Shark, Steak, Turkey, Whole Wheat Bread, Peanut Butter, Strawberry Jam, Milk, Vegetable Juice, Low sugar fruit juices.

Guest DRH 502

I'll get some diet info up later. Dam I will hook you up on AIM today when I get home from work.

Burning calories through lifting is fallacious, you burn calories best through cardio, you build muscle lifting.

No shit genius, but supersetting exercises is scientifically proven (ARGH!) to increase your heart rate and burn more calories than regular lifting regimines. Sometimes I think you are just trying to make me look bad by contradicting everything I say...

I'm just pointing out how bad you look by saying everything you say.

But specifically there is no reason to rest very long between sets because it does lower your heartrate. I always just jump from machine to machine to machine.

If thats what a "superset" is... You rest the quads when your doing the hams, and hams when you're doing the quads.

Well I guess I should say what my goals are for..

Right now I'm 5'10 and 175 lbs, just kinda slim. Right now I'd like to get lean and eliminate fat while building strength. After I feel that I've cut enough fat out, I'd like to start trying to get bigger.

For reference, in a couple of weeks I'm going to get back into training (MMA). My goal for that is to have at least one professional fight. I'm pretty far off, but I figure with some smart training I can do it in a couple of years or so, maybe three. I will have access to a weightlifting room as well, if anyone can offer specific exercises/plans for me to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: One more thing regarding diet; cheap and healthy are pretty much two important qualities. I don't really care if it tastes bland. There's always a day when you're allowed to cheat anyway.

Guest DRH 502
I'm just pointing out how bad you look by saying everything you say.

Alright fuckstick, time for you to post your picture so we can see how far your weight training has gotten you. Get on with it.

Guest DRH 502
I always just jump from machine to machine to machine.

Machines? Whats that??

I wouldn't know, I train with freeweights like a man should, scrawn.