TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Niggardly King

Ever Wonder How Scripted The Shows Are Now?

Where else on television can you find a show with the action, the drama, and the humor of the WWE?

No comment necessary

Anyone know what the (***) means?

I would imagine that is put there in design to ellicit a pop or some heel heat or some sort, and by such, they are instructed to do a small pause after that is said.

What the hell is "Ballyhoo"...

Edit: From Dictionary.com

Word History: The origin of ballyhoo has been the subject of much speculation. This spelling has actually been used for four different words: ballyhoo, “sensational advertising” ballyhoo, a spelling of balao, a kind of fish; ballyhoo, a part of the name ballyhoo bird, about which more later; and ballyhoo, a sailor's epithet for an unpopular ship. This last ballyhoo (first recorded in 1836) was thought to be related to, or the same as, the word ballahou, from Spanish balahú, “a type of schooner common in the Antilles.” First recorded in 1867, ballahou, besides being a term for a specific kind of ship, was also used contemptuously of inferior ships. But the connection between these sailing terms or the name of the fish and our word ballyhoo, first recorded in 1901, has not been established. There may, however, be a tie between ballyhoo and the creature called a ballyhoo bird. According to a July 1880 article in Harper's, the bird had four wings and two heads and could whistle through one bill while singing through the other. Anyone who has ever been on a snipe hunt will know what hunting ballyhoo birds was like.

I like the bolded one the best.

Yeah, I've already seen this on NoDQforums.com, although it was taken from another site originally of course. :lol:

BTW, on a pointless note, I just wanted to let everyone to know that whenever you go to the forums (and possibly the site itself, too) now that there are pop-ups showing up even on the Firefox browser that can only be turned off by turning off Javascript.

Aaron Rift's apparently been getting a kick out of pissing people off this year.

Anyway, back to the topic.

The heavy scripting on just about everything just shows how restricted every wrestler is in WWE, and not just in their movesets, either.

What's up with 30%, 44% w/ Comps thing? If that was the gate, WWE is doing worse than I thought for live attendance.

The show was moved from Mississippi because of Katrina, which was...what...three weeks before that?

I don't think they had a chance to advertise that show at all, locally or nationally.

Yea that's true. But 30% paid? Three weeks of notice doesn't excuse 30% paid I don't think. Guess it's not totally awful though.

It could. They had to re-schedule things and extend the week-long tour of Texas to two weeks. Factors like oversaturation also could've led to that figure; the shows the week before had big, hot crowds.

I just think that the excuse for the crowd is viable. Usually, they don't give out (and certainly don't redeem) as many comps as they did that night, which goes to show that people didn't know about it.