TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

What fighters are you digging right now?

Keep in mind I'm a novice and haven't seen much outside of the SpikeTV shows and comps. Favorites I've picked out are Loiseau, St. Pierre, Franklin, Tim Sylvia and Hughes. And of course Luke Cummo, now and forever.

I'd love to see BJ rematch Hughes for the WW TItle. I don't think it would go like the first time. Contrary to what he might have said, I think Hughes did take him lightly. BJ isn't the greatest off of his back either, for a BJJ black belt anyways, so I can easily see Matt GnP'ing the crap out of him for a decision/TKO.

Guest CurryMan

Joachim Hansen

I just saw the swedish show "Rallarsving" when they were in Norway with him training and just hanging around he was just plain bad-ass but still very humble and seemed like an awesome fighter. I haven´t seen that much of his fights but the one I have seen its almost always an entertaining fight and he gives everything.

You could find "Rallarsving" perhaps with english subtitles at some torrent site, the episod when they were in the states to meet Bas Rutten and Couture was also an awesome episod.

George St Pierre

Always an a good fight when George St Pierre enters the octagon, I´m looking forward to a rematch between Hughes and St Pierre.

Fedor Emelienkov

He is totally dominating the HW in Pride, and even if it would be fun to see a fight against Arlovski I doubt that Arlovski has anything to get against him. He is a machine, the biggest markout moment in Pride might been against Randleman when he took the slam only to make Randleman tape out the moment after.

Guest Brian

Kid Yamamoto

I've picked up enough Shooto via ClintBoxe at DVDVR to totally fall in love with this guy. Best p4p fighter in the world.

George St. Pierre

Probably my favorite fighter to watch. So well-rounded. My girl and me both have a crush on him. OH Yeah, he's that good.

Nick Diaz

There's somethign to love about a guy who makes a great natural heel. I love his stand-up and jiu-jitsu, as he is often the one to initiate and stays busy.

Luke Cummo

Who's not digging Luke Cummo right now? I was hoping that he was going to be able to use his guard to get to his stand-up in the later rounds (much like I was with Diaz) at the TUF Finale but he still showed a ton in a loss.

Matt Lindland

The LAW is one of my faves. The guy doesn't get enough credit. Always brings awesome slams, and I love me my awesome slams much in the same way I like Hughes, Rampage, Randleman, Couture, and whoever else I can't think of at the moment. But the most important thing about Lindland, which gets him the nudge, is that he is a keyboard warrior. You can't match wits with Lindland, and though Riggs and Baroni aren't exactly hard targets, their asses have been burnt to a crisp when they tried to get in the path of the LAW.

Andrei Arlovski

big_13.jpg

'nuff said

Shogun

Shogun is exciting and brings it. He deserves credit just for tha capoira move he busted out against Arona. The future of PRIDE MW.

Guest Brian

I was really weary about putting a heavyweight on my list, because I just don't feel their skill level is comparable to the lighter guys, despite the fact that I love so many of them ("Right Foot, Hospital; Left Foor, Cemetary.", Nog's fluid grappling; Fedor's machine-like qualities; Andrei's look), I couldn't justify it until I realized what a pimp Arlovski was.

Guest Reservoir_Kitty

I'm a total newbie when it comes to UFC, but I gotta say, I'm really loving it. It's so exciting, and I really just get into the fights, especially with these people involved...

Andrei Arlovski. Total pimp. Vampire mouthguard, big scary/hunky Russian, 8 second knockout in his last title defense. <3 I was so disappointed that we didn't get that PPV until I read that his fight only lasted 8 seconds. Heh. I downloaded it though, and was happy.

Matt Hughes. Giant ass on TUF. Good coach, excellent fighter. Can't wait to see his title defense on PPV.

Diego Sanchez. I gotta admit, I didn't really like Diego very much until his fight with Diaz at the TUF finale. He was pretty damned impressive. I'm also fond of calling him Dirty Diego Sanchez, because I'm an immature pervert. (and it sounds cooler than the Nightmare)

And last but not least, Luke Cummo. I adore this kook so much it's not even funny. I was crushed when he lost, but am hopeful to see him again really soon knocking the snot out of someone with the Force. :wub:

I like a lot of guys actually, but these are my faves.

Remember, I'm new, go easy on me. :P