TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest *KNK*

NFL Week X

Guest Leelee
Also, if Denver can manage to get a 1st round bye, odds improve of them not winning a playoff game.  Like every year.

Um, the last time Denver got a first round bye was during their last Super Bowl run in 1998. They've lost in the wildcard game every time they've made the playoffs since then. I don't think they'll go down too easily this time, though, especially with the rest of the conference not being particularly strong.

Denver vs. probably the winner of the AFC Central = Loss.

The Redskins Defense got screwed on that 2 point coversion play. When you watch the replay it is clear that Alstott's elbow is on the ground and the ball is not over the plane, then in typical fashion he picks his arm up off the ground and then extends his arm over, after he is already down, nothing wrong with TRYING That, however once the Booth reviewed it, how was it not crystal fucking clear that the ball was ON THE GROUND prior to getting over the line?

This is the shit that bothers me about officiating, sure during the LIVE GAME anyone would call it a TD, but during the replay it seems as the officials were more concerned with pissing of a pumped up home crowd and getting things thrown at them, then making the correct call...

I feel weird...

I sat both Roy Williams and Samkon Gado, who got 3 TDs each, and I'm *STILL* kicking the shit out of my opponent in my fantasy league.

Then again, I'm playing a guy who drafted poorly, as he drafted a ton of guys from the San Diego Chargers, New Orleans Saints, and Tennessee Titans, all of whom are off this week...

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

I think the Giants needed to lose that game. I've been saying all season that they are a good but sloppy team. If they wuould have won that ame, they'd have gotten away with mediocre play and that's not going to do them any good when the playoffs roll around. I also wanted to add that Tiki Barber is the fucking man.

You can say anything you want about Shockey and Burress, but Tiki is the engine that runs the Giants. I was watching the Fox pregame show today, one of them said something about Tiki being one of the best total yardage guys in NFL history. Is that right?

You can say anything you want about Shockey and Burress, but Tiki is the engine that runs the Giants. I was watching the Fox pregame show today, one of them said something about Tiki being one of the best total yardage guys in NFL history. Is that right?

You are correct sit in your assessment that Tiki makes the offense go. He keeps the pressure off of Eli. Eli looks like he will turn out to be very good in the future, but he is hardly the superstar TODAY, that the media would like to make him out to be, he has yet to show that he can take a team on his back and will them to wins ala Brett Farvre, Peyton, Elway etc.....and rightfully so seeing how young he is, but I am tired of the media overhyping him so early on. He is a good QB that is getting better every week, lets just leave it at THAT for now.

A few notes from the Week 10 Games:

I was one of the guilty parties writing off Tampa Bay, now they are sitting at 6-3 and tied for 2nd in their division.

I really am shocked that Green Bay beat Atlanta, and wonder now if Carolina has a blueprint from the Packers on how to beat the Falcons.

Darlings one week (Giants, Redskins) dogs the next. It seems like Philly wins tomorrow now just to logjam the division even more.

Even though they all lost, I really do like all of the rookie coaches, all of those teams are turning it around.

I really believe a team will have to win 11 games to get in the playoffs in the AFC.

Guest Leelee

11, at least.

The loser of Pittsburgh and Cincy will at least have that much, and Jacksonville has a very easy schedule the rest of the way. Plus, I wouldn't count out San Diego.

I really believe a team will have to win 11 games to get in the playoffs in the AFC.

10 should be plenty for NE in the East, because Buffalo and Miami have inconsistent offenses and the Jets just suck. Denver might get in with 10, but that depends on what the Chargers do in the second half.

Outside of the Colts (and their defense didn't really show me anything impressive last Monday night) and maybe Cincinatti, there's pretty much a logjam of teams that are flawed one way or another, whether it is because of injuries to key players (as is the case with NE and Pittsburgh) or poor play by key players (Trent Green in KC, anyone?)

Guest Leelee

Hell, 8 might be enough in the East.

It's sad as hell that Buffalo is still 2nd in that division.

And now we've got the Vikings at home on a Monday Night. It's got the seeds to be a 2004 Panthers-like run, fo sho. My friend said that it was sad to watch them play and lose over and over, because they really aren't terrible when you watch them. They just fuck up all the little things that get fucked up when you have backups playing instead of starters.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah what the hell is that? Oakland got completely outplayed. They shouldn't have won in any aspect at all.

I think next week's Bears-Panthers game will likely determine really how good the Bears really are. I thought next week was the Philly game and then Minnesota, but now it's the other way around, I don't feel as good about playing Philadelphia because of the short week coming next Monday. I do feel better about not having to worry about Terrell Owens, though (as do the Eagles, I'm sure).

I'd also say the Seahawks are more like the Padres of the NFL than the Bears are. Every year they play great against the worst division in football (sorry NFC North and AFC East, but the NFC West still has less) and choke consistently against the better and sometimes just average teams in the league on their way to their annual first round playoff loss. Essentially, all Chicago has to do is be careful with their rookie QB to not have him commit any stupid mistakes, and to keep the running game running smoothly and they can run away with the division.

And Green Bay still hasn't gotten a chance to play them yet. This year's Packers-Bears games will be really great to watch.