TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nokia

TNA Announces Major debut @ Genesis

You guys are missing the point of what I said earlier...Christian is like Jericho in that if Christian does well in TNA, we could see other guys jumping over when they can. Remember, Y2J coming to WWF set the stage for guys like the Radicalz coming over. It was the first sign of "hey, maybe WWF really _is_ better to work for than WCW."

I mean, maybe Christian does well in TNA, and guys like Benoit, Jericho, etc. decide that they'd rather work a light schedule close to home and be in the main event in front of a hot crowd, rather than work almost 300 days a year and have the creative team put them in crappy feuds that go nowhere.

He can call himself Christian Charisma, Chris Charisma, Colonel Charisma, Christian Jay.......there's many options.

Of those options, I kind of like "Chris Charisma" the best, or possibly "'Mr. Charisma' Jay Reso" Either way, he could also change the name of his finisher to "The Charismatic."

I hate the Unprettier. Stupid name, stupid move. Change it.

Guest Bulwark
Just change the spelling and go by "Kristian."

That form is too feminant.

TNA doesn't need to worry about legal battles with the WWE. Christian will be doing it on his own to ensure he can use the name anywhere for the rest of his career.

He could be like the boy named Sue and become an uberbadass to oversompensate for the name.

Jay Reso, Christian Cage, Kristian, Christian... It doesn't really matter what he goes by. He's charismatic enough to make any name work.

He can call himself Christian Charisma, Chris Charisma, Colonel Charisma, Christian Jay.......there's many options.

Of those options, I kind of like "Chris Charisma" the best, or possibly "'Mr. Charisma' Jay Reso" Either way, he could also change the name of his finisher to "The Charismatic."

I hate the Unprettier. Stupid name, stupid move. Change it.

Agreed. I always thought Christian should have used the Diamond Cutter as a finisher. Don't know why... Just think it fits him.

I don't like the name Unprettier, but the move itself is awesome. It has a slow setup time letting it be countered, but at the same time it's easy to put over as a deadly finisher because of the heavy looking impact it makes. A new name is definitely in order though.

We could take a page from the way WWE handles HHH's finisher and just call it a Shotgun Blast to the Face :)

Meltz posted this today:

--Jay Reso has trademarked the name Christian Cage

Looks that's what they're going with. I gotta say that I like it. It's close enough to be recognizable (like Brother Ray and Brother D-Von), but doesn't require as much explaination. Marks will just think that was his last name that WWE never mentioned.

Meltz posted this today:

--Jay Reso has trademarked the name Christian Cage

Looks that's what they're going with. I gotta say that I like it. It's close enough to be recognizable (like Brother Ray and Brother D-Von), but doesn't require as much explaination. Marks will just think that was his last name that WWE never mentioned.

2 questions: does that mean that he will be billed as CC, if so, what will happen if people just start calling him Christian? TM enfringement?

Also, was this recent? He could've done this a long time ago.

I personally thought Christian Reso had a better flow when compared to Christian Cage it really does sound like an indy name but as said, he can probably make it work with no problem.

Also, was this recent?  He could've done this a long time ago.

Jey Reso filed a trademark for the name "Christian Cage" on 11/2, so that's the name he'll be using in any post-WWE endeavors. He used the name while breaking into the business on the independent scene.

The trademark for the term covers, "Entertainment in the nature of wrestling contests; Entertainment services in the nature of a wrestling club; Entertainment services namely live, televised and movie appearances by a professional entertainer; Entertainment services, namely, personal appearances by a professional wrestler."

PWinsider

Jay Reso used the name Christian Cage on independents before joining the World Wrestling Federation in 1998, where his name was shortened to just Christian.

Get ready for "Captain Charisma" Christian Cage!!!

-----

Word Mark CAPTAIN CHARISMA

Goods and Services IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment in the nature of wrestling contests; Entertainment services in the nature of a wrestling club; Entertainment services namely live, televised and movie appearances by a professional entertainer; Entertainment services, namely, personal appearances by a professional wrestler. FIRST USE: 20040930. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20040930

Standard Characters Claimed

Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK

Serial Number 78745757

Filing Date November 2, 2005

Current Filing Basis 1A

Original Filing Basis 1A

Owner (APPLICANT) William Jason Reso INDIVIDUAL CANADA c/o BWCS Sports/Media 9242 Beverly Blvd., Suite 200 Beverly Hills UNITED STATES 90210

Attorney of Record Eric J. Goodman

Type of Mark SERVICE MARK

Register PRINCIPAL

Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Word Mark CHRISTIAN CAGE

Goods and Services IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment in the nature of wrestling contests; Entertainment services in the nature of a wrestling club; Entertainment services namely live, televised and movie appearances by a professional entertainer; Entertainment services, namely, personal appearances by a professional wrestler. FIRST USE: 19950630. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19950630

Standard Characters Claimed

Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK

Serial Number 78745579

Filing Date November 2, 2005

Current Filing Basis 1A

Original Filing Basis 1A

Owner (APPLICANT) William Jason Reso INDIVIDUAL CANADA c/o BWCS Sports/Media 9242 Beverly Blvd., Suite 200 Beverly Hills UNITED STATES 90210

Attorney of Record Eric J. Goodman

Type of Mark SERVICE MARK

Register PRINCIPAL

Captain Charisma Christian Cage!! That's a mouthful but I like it!!

Stone Cold Steven Austin or Boulder Bold Reever Houston anyone?

C to the 4th power!

shift_Charisma

Guest *KNK*

So his real name is actually William Jason Reso? Hmm. Nah, I dont see anything "star" like with that name.

Christian Cage will be fine, fans will just call him Christian anyways.

So his real name is actually William Jason Reso? Hmm.  Nah, I dont see anything "star" like with that name.

Christian Cage will be fine, fans will just call him Christian anyways.

They'll shorten it to "Christian" all the time, just he'll be announced as Christian Cage and that's what the chryon will say.

From PWInsider.com

Captain Charisma fans, fear not. William Jay Reso (formerly Christian in WWE) also trademarked the name "Captain Charisma" on 11/2 for future use in his post-WWE endeavors. As noted earlier on PWInsider.com, Reso also trademarked his original independent name "Christian Cage" as well for future usage.

Both terms were copyrighted for, "Entertainment in the nature of wrestling contests; Entertainment services in the nature of a wrestling club; Entertainment services namely live, televised and movie appearances by a professional entertainer; Entertainment services, namely, personal appearances by a professional wrestler" as well as trademarks purchased in regard to action figures, clothing, toys, games, multimedia, and additional items that may be licensed in the future using Reso's likeness.

Guest dreamer420

Didn't I hear that the WWE had to stop using the Captain Charisma name because of a trademark? Perhaps I am mistaken.

I'm fairly sure Edge would go by Adam Copeland... the name's well known enough through all the Matt Hardy stuff.