TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Batista out indefinitely

3 months sounds really optimistic considering this sounded like the back area type version of HHH's leg injury, with the muscle coming off and rolling up, etc. It made me queasy hearing about it.

For God's sake they cannot put the title back on Bradshaw. Besides the fact that he was business killing, heat killing level bad as champ he's already been definitively jobbed out of the title scene. It would make no sense now for him to suddenly win the title again.

Just put it on Eddie again. The storyline points to it anyway.

Guest SavageRulz

But Eddie was and will forever be known as the Smackdown Champ when the ratings started going south. Do you want to ruin him even more?

Guest Brian

If he was given the choice of rehabbing it, the injury sound a lot less severe than I had thought.

They're not going to elevate someone when someone gets injured. I just can't see them doing something like that, or can't even remember if they've ever put a guy in that position following an injury to another.

But Eddie was and will forever be known as the Smackdown Champ when the ratings started going south. Do you want to ruin him even more?

Actually the ratings and house show attendance started going up while he was champion. Brock even stated that he was embrassed when he found that out.

Actually the ratings and house show attendance started going up while he was champion. Brock even stated that he was embrassed when he found that out.

Know I know why I put that person on Ignore. SD got most of its lowest ratings during JBL's reign.

Dude, I thought Smackdown was going to be cancelled or run out of business when they put the belt on Bradshaw. So in that respect he surpassed my expectations. Then again they WERE given the death slot on Fridays...

Actually, ratings did go slightly down during Eddie's reign. I'd attribute that more to his feud with the he-was-a-tag-team-midcarder-last-week-but-hey-look-he's-a-main-eventer-now JBL than anything else.

I mean, look at the 2004 Smackdown ratings. You'll se as the JBL/Eddie feud heated up, the show fell solidly into the 2.9-3.1 range, rarely going higher:

(The different colors denote different champions - Lesnar, Eddie, and JBL)

January 1, 2004 2.8

January 8, 2004 3.6

January 15, 2004 3.4

January 22, 2004 3.6

January 29, 2004 3.6

February 5, 2004 3.4

February 12, 2004 3.5

February 19, 2004 3.5

February 26, 2004 3.5

March 4, 2004 3.3

March 11, 2004 3.1

March 18, 2004 3.6

March 25, 2004 3.3

April 1, 2004 3.2

April 8, 2004 3.0

April 15, 2004 2.9

April 22, 2004 3.1

April 29, 2004 3.1

May 6, 2004 2.8

May 13, 2004 3.1

May 20, 2004 2.9

May 27, 2004 2.9

June 3, 2004 3.3

June 10, 2004 3.0

June 17, 2004 3.0

June 24, 2004 3.1

July 1, 2004 3.2

July 8, 2004 3.1

July 15, 2004 3.3

July 22, 2004 3.2

July 29, 2004 3.1

August 5, 2004 3.3

August 12, 2004 2.6

August 19, 2004 3.1

August 26, 2004 3.1

September 2, 2004 2.5

September 9, 2004 2.6

September 16, 2004 3.2

September 23, 2004 3.2

September 30, 2004 2.7

October 7, 2004 3.4

October 14, 2004 3.4

October 21, 2004 3.2

October 28, 2004 3.5

November 4, 2004 3.3

November 11, 2004 3.3

November 18, 2004 3.7

November 25, 2004 2.7

December 2, 2004 3.4

December 9, 2004 3.5

December 16, 2004 3.5

December 23, 2004 2.9

Either way we look at it, SavageRulz was wrong about Eddie being blamed for a major ratings drop while champion when the ratings really only dropped 3 points.

Why must everyone hate on JBL? I'll admit, I hated him when he became champ and barely slept that night because of what I thought to be WWE's worst decision ever, but he turned out, by SurSer at least, to be the best heel champ they had had in years. I still love the guy. No one topped him as a heel until... Mistaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Kennedy!!!

.... Kennedy.

I know I should stop with this Ken Kennedy thing but I just can't help but think the writers will seriously think about him as an option. I wonder what's going on backstage in the lockerroom right now. Like 5/6 guys are hoping they get the belt.

3 picks I want:

1) Eddie Guerrero

2) Rey Mysterio

3) Edge

3 I think WWE will think about most:

JBL, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit

For Edge they need to be creative, they can't be creative. Also, as the last guy they will probably even talk about is Bobby Lashley, what would REALLY be bs.

Why would Lashley be BS? I'll admit he's a new guy that's pretty green but he at least has some potential and would be fresh on the top of the card. But no, I don't either he or Kennedy are ready yet to main event.

Not that race should make a difference, but I wonder if the WWE putting the belt on a black wrestler would effect TNA's chances of putting their belt on Monty Brown?

Oh God, I can just imagine Jeff Jarrett now if Lashley won the title on Smackdown:

"Hey, Vince just put his title on an uppity negro. We have to be different. Therefore I say just keep the title on me for another 6 months until we find someone who is ready. Sorry Monty, now go out there and make Lance Hoyt look like a million bucks."

Why would Lashley be BS?  I'll admit he's a new guy that's pretty green but he at least has some potential and would be fresh on the top of the card.  But no, I don't either he or Kennedy are ready yet to main event.

He's a black Brock Lesnar, but just not ready to wrestle for 25 minutes in the main event of a big PPV. Edge, Mysterio and Eddie on the other hand ARE ready and Eddie headlined a couple of PPV's but Mysterio and Edge would be fresh. You might not think it's fresh but it would be cause they never held the belt. The World Title would look cool on Edge.

technically, doesn't that contract of his stipulate WORLD title?

Not anymore, in a promo Bischoff changed it to the WWE Title shortly after Batista left. A lot of people thought Edge was going to be screwed, so instead of making an interesting angle of it, they took the easy way out and just ignored their own internal logic again.

You know, TAP, Kennedy may be my favorite wrestler on Smackdown right now, and that's saying a lot. But whikle the World Title would look good on him, I'd prefer that they not rush him into it.

He's competing in main events already, and I'd rather see him win the US Title, hold it for 4 months or so, and then start contending for the World Title after WrestleMania.

You know, TAP, Kennedy may be my favorite wrestler on Smackdown right now, and that's saying a lot.  But whikle the World Title would look good on him, I'd prefer that they not rush him into it. 

He's competing in main events already, and I'd rather see him win the US Title, hold it for 4 months or so, and then start contending for the World Title after WrestleMania.

Whoa! Hold your horses. I'd like to see the guy actually, you know, FEUD with somebody, besides just throwing random faces at him each week. I like to see him mess with somebody and expand who he is as a character. Then, have him feud for the US belt, then the world title. What ever happened to paying dues? You're right though. I'm really high on Mr. Kennedy . . . Kennedy right now. He could steal the show some day.

What ever happened to paying dues?

I really hate the whole "pay your dues" stuff. I really do. In 91', they thought they needed to make RIC FLAIR pay his dues. They thought they need CHRIS BENOIT in 2000 to pay his dues. I know he's just a rookie, but I hate the "pay your dues" bullshit.

As for the World Title... well, I would go for an 8 man tournament and crown a new champion at Armageddon. This is what my tournament would look like.

Mr. Kennedy vs. Matt Hardy

Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton

JBL vs. Chris Benoit

Eddie Guerrero vs. Booker T

Kennedy gets the win over Hardy to put a fresher face over. Mysterio gets the win, JBL gets the cheap win, and Eddie wins by DQ when Sharmell fucks up.

so then we have...

Kennedy vs. Mysterio

JBL vs. Eddie Guerrero

Mysterio gets the win in a match that really gets Kennedy over as a man who was THAT close to beating Mysterio, but Mysterio gets the victory and moves on to the title match. Eddie Guerrero beats JBL in a close match leading to one more Eddie vs. Mysterio match at Armageddon. They've done main events before. Why not another one?

Mysterio vs. Guerrero

And after a long grueling battle, Mysterio overcomes everything and becomes the smallest World Champion in history. And that's how I'd book it. Is it flawed? Yeah. Kills Matt Hardy's momentum, and everyone will probably be screaming "YOU FUCKED OVER BENOIT!". But not everything can be perfect.

Is Lashley good? Yeah. Catching attention? Yeah. Ready for the upper echelon.... I'm not quite sure. That's why he's not in my tournament here. After Wrestlemania 22 though, I expect Lashley to leap to the top and not look back. A new and fresh face in the main event scene for the first time in a while (besides Kennedy).

For the love of God why does anyone want to see Rey beat Eddie AGAIN? I don't remember ever seeing a top flight worker lose to the same guy as many times in a year as Eddie did to Rey. For that alone he should be rewarded with a title run.

For the love of God why does anyone want to see Rey beat Eddie AGAIN? I don't remember ever seeing a top flight worker lose to the same guy as many times in a year as Eddie did to Rey. For that alone he should be rewarded with a title run.

I ask the same question except i word it this way: why do people love Ken Kennedy and want him in the ME so badly?

Paying the dues is something guys need to do in the wrestling business. If it's someone like Kurt Angle with an extensive amateur background with gold medals, that's an exception since he could dominate anyone on the roster in a legit match. I know Lashley was also an amateur but his accomplishments aren't on that level, nor Lesnar's (though his were closer I'd say).

Even if you don't call it paying the dues, how about just calling it "get to know this dude" time where he toils in the midcard for a while and develops a following?

I will admit guys like Flair and Benoit having to pay dues is idiotic since they were established veterans.

I say give Eddie a 2nd chance, he's had some time off, he obviously wants to be champ again, I'm sure he'll keep his temper in line this time. As long as he's good, business will be good. Just give him better opponents to deal with on PPV than fucking Bradshaw.

Guest JMA
If Edge is not going to be out for any time, they should exercise the MitB clause, as I'm assuming it was meant to be a rainy day booking device.

It's not for the World title any more. Bischoff changed the stipulation.

I'm still wondering who is replacing Batista in the Survivor Series match.