TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 11/15 - 11/19

Also they're promoting this story on the local TV saying "Why OU fans won't have to worry about travelling to Shreveport." Why the fuck would OU go to the Independence Bowl? They'll go to Alamo at worst but I bet the Holiday Bowl takes OU over Colorado.

Anyway they're saying on the local radio that there is no way Tech can feel good about that win. They're calling it a tainted victory and a referee decided game.

Shocking that a Norman radio station would be saying that. I'm in stunned disbelief.

It's actually based out of Edmond, Oklahoma.

But it's true that it is a tainted and referee decided game. He never scored and on top of that the game should've been over earlier because when OU and Tech were fighting over the ball they came down well before the first down.

And what is with everyone celebrating like they beat the Jason White led Sooners of the past couple of years when they beat OU? Is it really like that big of a win?

The OU-Tech play didn't look like a touchdown on ESPN's replay but that's from the back-endzone camera view which is probably skewed. I'd have to see a goal line cam to form a firm opinion, plus a camera shot of the knees.

Well these idiots should never be allowed to officiate a game again.

If you guys didn't see the game then you didn't see some of the horrible calls made.

During the disputed ball on 4th down that should've been a turnover the official ran in and signaled first down before the ball was ever spotted and before the measurement and they obviously came down before the first down line.

Then on the TD that they thankfully called back the ref was watching him bobble it all over the place and then lose it out of bounds and he still called a TD.

And the official that signaled the final TD ran in and looked around to see if someone else would make the call then he stared at Henderson for a couple of seconds before making the call. It was like he didn't see it cross but when he ran up he saw that the ball was across the goal line and decided to call it.

Guest Leelee
Why is Michigan going for two up by four?

They made it, but still.

I concur with this.

The only time you go for 2 in this situation, is if it's very late in the game, and both teams won't get another possession. Like what OSU did up 25-21.

If you fail to get the conversion while up by 4, opponent scores a TD, now you're down 3. FG ties. Where if you just kicked the extra point, your opponent then has to go for 2, to get a 3-point lead... and since it's less than a 40% chance that 2-point conversions are converted, it's a bad play.

Lloyd Carr is in a quite strenuous position for next year.

He needs a big year to keep the heat down on him. However, he has got one hell of a tough schedule for next year. He's got to play Notre Dame, Penn State, and Ohio State all on the road.

Did PSU's receivers hang out with the Seahawks this week? What's with all the drops?

PSU blocks a punt and gets a TD. 10-0 PSU.

Guest El Satanico
Lloyd Carr is in a quite strenuous position for next year.

He's not going anywhere for the forseeable future.

It'll take a few more straight losses to Ohio State before his job is at risk. Of course, that doesn't mean the fans won't be after his head.

Michigan fans (like myself) are typically willing to give him a break because he won a title (albeit some time ago) and more recently has led them to two straight Rose Bowls, plus he's never won fewer than 8 in any given season.

Losing to OSU fucking sucks though

Guest Leelee

I remember when the Holiday bowl was always high scoring, and one of the few bowl games I'd bother to watch.

Then, they only accepted Top 15-ish Big XII and Pac 10 teams.

Now, they're inviting boringness like OU.

Lame.

The dream for Notre Dame-Penn State in the Fiesta Bowl is still alive!

What's more likely is Notre Dame playing Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl and Penn State playing Miami in the Orange Bowl, thought the Orange Bowl would be crazy to not have a little interest in a possible OSU-Miami game.

Imagine if UCLA and Fresno State somehow beat USC?

Then the nightmare for OU fans is complete....we'd have to play USC again! Eeep.

If I'm OU, the last thing I'd want is the Cotton Bowl because of a possible matchup with Auburn....and I'd imagine they're still a LITTLE pissed about last year. I would not want to play Auburn right now because they're hot...

Don't the lower bowls get more leeway over who they get to pick? I'd imagine OU would be more of a draw then Texas Tech.

Haha Mark May said if Michigan didn't get those 2 seconds put back on the clock in the game last month there'd be a huge debate between PSU and Texas for #2...

Shut the fuck up.

That's directed towards Dama. The possibility of them losing both games is slim to nil.

Shut the fuck up.

That's directed towards Dama.  The possibility of them losing both games is slim to nil.

It was a hypothetical situation. What the thought of even losing freaks you out that much? This is one of the reasons I hate USC.

"My team is perfect! Don't suggest that we will ever lose!"

I don't care if you suggest that we lose, but if you are going to suggest it you can suggest that they lose to a good team with something resembling defense.

Guest Smues

Damn look at that fog in the Oregon / Oregon State game. And I thought my drive home was foggy.

"Gunderson throws it up in the air. We can't see it so we'll have to wait."