TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 11/15 - 11/19

No, only a top-6 guarantees a bid.  I just looked it up; I thought top 12 guaranteed it as well.

They could be awfully close to the top-6 though.  If they beat USC, they're going to shoot up the polls, and probably the computers.

The current BCS has them at 17, which is based on a miniscule computer rating (.080 of Texas' total) and two middling poll ratings (16th in each, .350 and .359 of max votes).

A move to about 10th in the polls would boost their two poll totals to about .600 each.

Their computer rankings would be the biggest move, as they've got about squat there right now.

Tenth sounds about right. If USC loses, I see the polls going this way:

1. Texas

2. LSU

3. Penn State

4. USC

5. Notre Dame

6. Virginia Tech

7. Ohio State

8. Oregon

9. Auburn

10. Fresno State

I can see them going to ninth, ahead of Auburn (and even that's a reach), but certainly no higher. The compter rankings will be really interesting to see.

I can't wait until the Pac-10 is officially off of Fox Sports Net after this year (or maybe it's after next when they start with ESPN) because regional coverage of local sports cause blackouts of national games. Here in the Bay Area we're getting a Sharks game instead of USC/Fresno State.

Oh and god dammit Stanford, why in the hell did you lose to UC Davis? Once Edwards left the game tonight it was over and so are the bowl hopes as there is zero chance they beat Notre Dame next week. I just hope ASU wins next week or the Pac-10 is going to have only four bowl eligible teams, granted with three of them being very, very good.

FG USC with seconds left in the 2nd quarter.

Fresno will get a kick return but the half will likely end 21-13.

Guest *KNK*
No, only a top-6 guarantees a bid.  I just looked it up; I thought top 12 guaranteed it as well.

They could be awfully close to the top-6 though.  If they beat USC, they're going to shoot up the polls, and probably the computers.

The current BCS has them at 17, which is based on a miniscule computer rating (.080 of Texas' total) and two middling poll ratings (16th in each, .350 and .359 of max votes).

A move to about 10th in the polls would boost their two poll totals to about .600 each.

Their computer rankings would be the biggest move, as they've got about squat there right now.

Tenth sounds about right. If USC loses, I see the polls going this way:

1. Texas

2. LSU

3. Penn State

4. USC

5. Notre Dame

6. Virginia Tech

7. Ohio State

8. Oregon

9. Auburn

10. Fresno State

I can see them going to ninth, ahead of Auburn (and even that's a reach), but certainly no higher. The compter rankings will be really interesting to see.

Man, the network will have a fit if they don't get USC/Texas or at least Texas/PSU.

GO Fresno!

Oh and god dammit Stanford, why in the hell did you lose to UC Davis? Once Edwards left the game tonight it was over and so are the bowl hopes as there is zero chance they beat Notre Dame next week. I just hope ASU wins next week or the Pac-10 is going to have only four bowl eligible teams, granted with three of them being very, very good.

Welcome to my world.

Out of a 12 team league, the SEC only has 5 bowl-eligible teams, although that includes #4 LSU as well as Top 15 teams Georgia, Alabama, and Auburn. (Florida is in the 20s, IIRC)

They're short because Kentucky beat Vandy last week then Vandy beat Tennessee this week. If Vandy had won last week, this week's Vandy-Tennessee game would have produced a bowl team.

Your forgetting Spurrier, er South Carolina. They've been bowl eligible for a few weeks now. That makes six SEC teams.

That's right... forgot that Florida and Spurrier aren't the same thing anymore.

I can't wait until the Pac-10 is officially off of Fox Sports Net after this year (or maybe it's after next when they start with ESPN) because regional coverage of local sports cause blackouts of national games. Here in the Bay Area we're getting a Sharks game instead of USC/Fresno State.

If you have Dish, you can change to channel 452 and watch the game on that.

I also get FSN Bay Area, but I got the alert during an earlier game about the Sharks game being on instead of the Fresno State/USC game.

By the way, what is with all this "Spurrier is Coach of the Year" talk? I took a look at last year under Holtz and they finished at 6-5. This year under Spurrier they finished 7-4. I mean, they really didn't get all that much better, just 1 game.

By the way, what is with all this "Spurrier is Coach of the Year" talk?  I took a look at last year under Holtz and they finished at 6-5.  This year under Spurrier they finished 7-4.  I mean, they really didn't get all that much better, just 1 game.

Spurrier is being talked up because of the vast number of players who quit after last season.

Personally, I'd go with Les Miles for all the shit he's dealt with and he's still got LSU on the verge of a Rose Bowl berth.

Guest Vitamin X

Man how about Wazzu COMING BACK to win a game today against the Huskies instead of being on the receiving end of their weekly Cougin' it? That was weird. Along with Vandy beating Tennessee and watching Fresno State even be competitive with USC.

Corso and Herbstreet still think Notre Dame/Penn State in the Fiesta Bowl. Why would the Orange Bowl let one of them slip through their fingers? Remember they'll get to make their 2nd pick before the Fiesta Bowl. I just still don't see it happening.

If the Texans pick #1 and take ANYONE besides Bush, I'm taking some C4 to Reliant Stadium. There are going to be several good offensive linemen in the draft, but there's only going to be one Reggie Bush. His picture oughta be in the dictionary under "Game Breaker". 396 all purpose yards...with 1:15 still to go in the 3rd quarter.

Watch every bad team in the NFL attempt to throw every game they can to make a stab at Bush.

Hey now, the Texans don't HAVE to throw their games, they're bad enough to lose them while still trying.

Unfortunately, I can see the Texans getting #1 then Casserly trading it for picks so they can fill "need" positions rather than taking the most talented player on the board.

Reggie Bush just keeps breaking amazing plays that a human being has no business makng. He plays on a whole different level of speed than anyone else in college.