TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

iMPACT! tapings spoiler

If you don't want to read the spoilers of the iMPACT! tapings, then please don't scroll down.

Shannon Moore debuted against Chris Sabin, losing to the former-X Division champ in a dark match.

In my opinion, its good to see Shannon in TNA. I think he has a lot to offer them.

Besides that, the full results are:

Impact - Airing 11/19

*They announced Christopher Daniels suffered a "Grade-3 concussion" due to the attack by Samoa Joe on the Genesis PPV. They announced the barbed wire match for the PPV.

*Samoa Joe defeated Jerelle Clark. After the match, AJ Styles appeared on the video screen, discussing that Joe went over the line of the X-Division's "code of respect." He challenged Joe to face him at Turning Point.

*Don West and Mike Tenay discussed the barbed wire match and who would be the number one contender for the NWA title at Turning Point and challenge Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett came out and demanded to know who he would be facing at the PPV.

*NWA Tag Team champions America's Most Wanted defeated Sonny Siaki & Apolo. After the match, they brought a table into the ring and spraypainted 3-D on it. They were going to put someone through it with the Death Sentence but Team 3-D hit the ring and AMW retreated. Brother Ray said that if they want to know about Tables Matches, they can have a Tables Match for the NWA Tag straps at Turning Point.

*Backstage, Shane Douglas found NWA champion Jeff Jarrett and Gail Kim at the door to Larry Zbyszko's office. They didn't get their answer.

*Shane Douglas interviewed 3 Live Kru. BG James said that he had an announcement "next week" regarding 3LK and wouldn't tell Konnan and Ron Killings what it was.

*Rhino pinned Abyss, hitting the gore after Sabu came out with the chair wrapped in barbed wire.

*Backstage, Larry Zbyszko is with Jeff Jarrett and they announce Rhino will be facing Jarrett for the title at the Turning Point PPV.

*Christian Cage came to the ring for his Impact debut and cut a promo. He said a lot of similar shoot comments towards PPV that he made at the Genesis PPV. Monty Brown came to the ring and said that Cage hasn't proven a thing in TNA. Brown tried to say that Christian was going to get the Pounce, but Christian cut him off on the mic. Christian said that Brown was afraid to lose his spot to Cage. Christian did the "Pounce" line. Brown attacked Christian and hit the Pounce.

Impact - 11/26:

*3 Live Kru and Kip James came to the ring. Killings and Konnan were upset about BG James always defending Kip James. BG wanted them to give Kip their blessing to be part of the Kru. Killings said yes and Konnan eventually said yes. They're now the 4 Live Kru.

*TNA X-Division champion AJ Styles defeated Chris Sabin in a good match.

*Backstage, Shane Douglas was with Larry Zbyszko. Raven was in a car about to leave and Zbyszko offered him his release again. Raven refused and Zbyszko said that if that was the case, next week on Impact would be a "House of Fun" match.

*Monty Brown pinned Evil Helvis in seconds after the Pounce.

*Shane Douglas interviewed Christian Cage about getting Pounced last week. Cage challenged for a match against Monty Brown at Turning Point. Gail Kim came out and said that it was great that Christian was in TNA but he made the wrong decision at the PPV. America's Most Wanted showed up and told Cage he'll never get near the NWA title.

*Jeff Hardy pinned Abyss with the Twist of Fate. The lights went out and when they came back on Sabu was there with the barbed wire chair and a spike, setting up the finish.

*NWA champion Jeff Jarrett pinned Kip James with the Stroke after Bobby Rude hit James with a hockey stick. During the match, Jackie Gayda debuted, slapping Jarrett and got into it with Gail Kim. After the bout, BG James came out, leading to 4 Live Kru and Team Canada hitting the ring. Christian Cage hit the ring and hit the Unprettier on Petey Williams.

Xplosion:

*Matt Bentley & Shark Boy defeated the Beasts of Burden.

*The Naturals & Lance Hoyt defeated The Diamonds in the Rough.

TNA Turning Point PPV lineup on 12/11:

*NWA champion Jeff Jarrett vs. Rhino

*TNA X-Division champion AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe

*Sabu vs. Abyss - Barbed Wire

*NWA Tag Team champions America's Most Wanted vs. Team 3-D - Tables Match

*Christian Cage vs. Monty Brown

Guest Leelee

Ugh... Christian vs. Monte? TNA likes doing those booking yourself in corner types of matches.

Because that's just what we need: a feud where the heel keeps going over, even in the blowoff.

I could understand Abyss winning the first match. I'm glad he didn't win Monster's Ball. I can understand Abyss winning the match at Genesis. But Sabu NEEDS to go over at Turning Point in order for the feud to come to its conclusion. Besides: after a barbed wire match, what's left to do to up the ante in their feud? An exploding ring match? Some CZW-style ultraviolence with lighttubes galore? Nothing that can top a barbed wire match will be seen in TNA, as it shouldn't be (not until they at least are a strong competitor to WWE, as in head-to-head), so if Sabu doesn't go over, there's no catharsis.

Because that's just what we need: a feud where the heel keeps going over, even in the blowoff.

I could understand Abyss winning the first match. I'm glad he didn't win Monster's Ball. I can understand Abyss winning the match at Genesis. But Sabu NEEDS to go over at Turning Point in order for the feud to come to its conclusion. Besides: after a barbed wire match, what's left to do to up the ante in their feud? An exploding ring match? Some CZW-style ultraviolence with lighttubes galore? Nothing that can top a barbed wire match will be seen in TNA, as it shouldn't be (not until they at least are a strong competitor to WWE, as in head-to-head), so if Sabu doesn't go over, there's no catharsis.

Sabu isn't a guy that they can count on enough to push. He's a special attraction guy that they get a lot out of when he shows up. He has no showed them in the past...

Despite the seemingly simple heel/face feud...the point is to put Abyss over. There are no plans to use Sabu as anything more than a known name to put over the unknowns. Just like Jeff Hardy.

Exactly like Jeff Hardy.

4LK? Jesus, I see this fued is going to drag on forever even after hitting the reset button. Rhino challenging again is decent, but it needs some sort of gimmick. At least they aren't ditching Rhino to the midcard like they usually do with JJ's challengers.

Stupid idea to book Monty vs. Christian. Neither man needs to lose at this point, and Booking 101 says don't put two guys like that up against each other at PPV. So, we'll be seeing either Christian losing and looking like a bitch, Monty losing and looking like a bitch, or we'll get a nonfinish which is just as bad. Best case scenario sees Monty go over and Christian look for a fued elsewhere.

Christian should've kept fueding with Team Canada, setting him up to go over Petey at TP in a good match. Monty should've gone through another solid ME'er on his way to Jarrett. That's what should've happened instead.

Brown vs Christian doesn't make as much sense as Petey vs Christian does. Christian vs Monty is a title match, not a debut match for Christian. And they are going with Joe vs Styles ALREADY?!?!

Styles vs Sabin and Christian vs Petey should be Turning Point, I don't get using Joe vs Styles already. I would have had Joe destroy someone else brutally at Turning Point and THEN have Styles pull the "code" angle. It's too damn early for Joe vs Styles.

Guest Leelee
I dunno, Leelee. I also heard rumors that Christian would wrestle Petey Williams at the PPV. So that card may not be totally accurate.

I hope so.

Christian and Monte Brown are the only people I care about in TNA (please don't flame me JOE IS THE GREATEST WORKER IN THE US AND HE GONNA KILL YOUUU!!!11 workrate fans)... because they're the only people, besides Jarrett, than have a true character.

If they face each other, that is just so ridiculously stupid. Both definitely can't afford it. You're building both to title contention. It's Christian's 1st PPV match. Just, ugh. Watch Jarrett bonk one with a guitar, and one turns heel.

Guest *KNK*

I would've saved the *big* match for Christian later and continued the Team Canada story and went with Petey Williams instead.

Have Monty beat...Damn who was left? Raven? At least that one has a air of mystery and could afford a non-finish more.

Joe/Styles, I agree could have been dragged out a little more for Final Resolution by having Styles/Sabin, Joe would see it as a slight towards him. I'd have Styles "send a message" to Joe as if to say

"You can't just kill people and get your title match", so Joe issues an open challenge, Matt Bentley answers. Joe kills Matt with ease and takes him out, Traci begs Joe to stop, and lays on Matt to protect him, Joe simply flings Traci aside and delivers another Muscle Buster on Bentley and threatens to do it once again only onto the chair this time but Styles makes the save and Joe rolls out but doesn't come off as a coward but makes it clear with an evil glare

"I COULD fuck you up right now but i'll wait".

Rhino/Jarrett will need a gimmick match because a regular match won't work, especially after their brawl @ Genesis. I'd call for a good old fashioned FCA match.

I'll go ahead and say AMW wins the Tables match so they can say "We beat them at their game", building to a re-match @ FR.

I like the Abyss/Sabu stuff.

So in short, They should have done Petey/X, Styles/Sabin, Monty/Raven, Joe/Bentley instead and added a gimmick to the Jarrett match.

Seems like TNA is moving too fast with their fueds. Instead they should utilize them to the fullest, Joe vs Aj should be huge. For that to happen, Joe needs to do more destroying.

It looks like they plan on doing a long Joe-Daniels feud.

Keep Daniels off TV until Turning Point at the earliest. Do a Joe/Daniels match at the 12/31 Spike Special that ends up with Daniels just going crazy and going after Joe the way he was attacked this past Sunday. Have everything build to a cage match or something at the Feb PPV.

Stupid idea to book Monty vs. Christian. Neither man needs to lose at this point, and Booking 101 says don't put two guys like that up against each other at PPV. So, we'll be seeing either Christian losing and looking like a bitch, Monty losing and looking like a bitch, or we'll get a nonfinish which is just as bad. Best case scenario sees Monty go over and Christian look for a fued elsewhere.

This was pretty much my initial reaction too, but now, I don't think it's such a bad idea. This will be Monty's highest profile match to date (even moreso than his previous title matches with Jarrett) and I have a feeling we'll see Bobby Roode costing Christian the match. Brown can claim he beat wrestling's hottest free agent, and Christian has a legitimate claim to a rematch once Brown wins the title and he disposes of Team Canada. It makes Brown look good for not being intimidated by the hype being Christian, and makes the world title look like a big deal since the only reason these two are feuding is because they both want the next shot. Tthe mic work here should be great, and Christian is the perfect guy to get Monty over enough to claim the title, kinda like Mick Foley said he viewed his role during the feud with the Rock b4 WM15 (for anyone who read his book).

The thing is, if Christian is a long term TNA guy now, they need to switch around so that Christian gets Monty's push (because he has a better character and better mic work), and let Monty build his character up more. Have Christian be the long term plan for 2006 and Monty for like 2007 or later.

The way I see it, if they do Christian/Monty for TP, fine. But what I would do with it is have it go down to the wire, with Christian ducking/avoiding the Pounce and sending Monty sprawling to the canvas. Christian quickly hits the Unprettier and pins him for the win. Then they have Christian go "Monty, you were so close, but no dice. Try again later, kid." and Christian then gets the Monty build up towards the title, while Monty gets more feuds with the upper midcarders that can work, so Monty could learn a bit more about the craft. Realistically, if Monty gets the belt soon, he'd be over for a while before the fans start longing for someone else with a real character to take it... so to avoid that, they need to hold off on Monty for a long while.

Realistically, this Monty title shot has been building since before March. The story is that he got the shots before he was ready, Dusty (the authority figure at the time) wouldn't give him a rematch, so he helped Jarrett fend off DDP in exchange for a title shot he's never gotten. In theory, we've been waiting 9 months for Monty to get his shot at Jarrett. Add another year to that and they'll risk missing the boat with Monty as badly as they missed the boat with Raven. IMO, Brown should've won the belt at Final Resolution or even Against All Odds. The build was there, the fans wanted it and a decent (i.e nothing like AJ's) run at the top would have cemented as a top tier guy for TNA. They've managed to make sense of Dusty's nonsensical turn by using as a way to build sympathy for Monty. He was focused on his goal, but was so frustrated that he turned to the enemy. He made it clear all along that he was no friend of Jarrett, and just wanted the shot. Now, he's having to make Jarrett upend his end of the deal, probably eventually with the help of Larry. Even though he hasn't officially turned yet, Monty's got the fans on his side (it remains to be seen if feuding with Christian helps that). When he does, everything will be in place for a money match with Jarrett. If they replace Monty with Christian, then by the time they get back to Monty's title win, it'll be anticlimatic like Raven's Slammiversary win. People were happy he won "in a hey, Raven's got the belt finally" kinda way, but there was no vested interest in him fufilling his destiny like there was when he took on Jarrett for the first time. So as much as I mark for Christian, I don't think they should throw away that long term plan just because he showed up. Christian doesn't need the belt to be over and the Christian/Monty feud will be money for TNA later when they are in their natural face/heel roles.

Yeah, cuz giving the belt to a guy who'd never had a run on top and had been built to it for a year sure made WWE bush league in 1998 right? Not to compare their workrate, but Monty is one of the few homegrown guys that TNA has that connects with audiences. He's the only guy on the show that people I have had watch an episode or so remember that they didn't know before they watched. And the Hardy match aside (I haven't seen it, so I won't comment on it), but Monty's delivered in the big matches he's been in. Him not being ready for the excuse for not putting the belt on him last year. But after a year of entertaining matches with Abyss and Raven, etc., he's improved leaps and bounds. The guy's got the goods on the mic and he's credible enough in the ring when you have Joe, Daniels and Styles deliver ***** night in and night out. TNA had enough faith in him that they let him cut an in-ring promo on Impact last week, and he did a credible job. Who besides Jarrett, Raven or the Duds (and now Christian) has gotten to cut in-ring promos since March?

So why undercut him now for Christian, when Christian is going to bring in viewers regardless because of who he is. I absolutely hate the bush league argument as it is, but I defintely don't see how building up a viable guy who's doesn't have the taint of not being able to cut it elsewhere (like say a Rhino) and putting the belt on him without hotshotting it is bad for business. This isn't me saying that Christian should never run with the belt. In fact, I'd like to Christian turn heel eventually and defeat Monty (if they don't want to use Joe for that role). I just think delaying Monty's push for a year or however long is ridiculous. Especially just because you don't like his gimmick, when he's demonstrably over with TNA's fanbase. When he was cutting his promo Saturday, the fans were chanting "next World Champ." They were doing that at this time last year too. Who's to say they'll still want to see it in a year's time. This is the first true homegrown breakout star chance that TNA has had since they fucked over the Truth, and IMO, they'd benefit more from having Monty established on the same level as Christian, Rhino, Jarrett or whoever than in midcard hell "getting better" which he has clearly done for the past year.

They need to hold off on Christian and not hot shot anything to him. Despite being one of the top stars right off the bat, he still needs elevating.

I think this Monty/Christian match should be a test to see if Monty can hold his own. If he has a good match, then it'll indicate he can at least be carried by someone. If not, coupled with the poor performance against Jeff Hardy, I think you have to take Monty down a peg or two.

Yeah, cuz giving the belt to a guy who'd never had a run on top and had been built to it for a year sure made WWE bush league in 1998 right? 

Thank you for proving why it should be Christian. I said they should build Christian towards the belt for 2006. With Austin, who I assume you refer to in that statement, he was visible in WCW and ECW prior to coming over to WWF. Then he worked in WWF for 2 years prior to his belt win. With Christian, he's been visible in WWF/E for 7-8 years. The fans in Orlando and everywhere else (when TNA expands) needs to have a visible guy as their champion. Christian could be it. Monty... no. He's only been seen in Orlando every two weeks or however often they run shows, so it's very easy for him to establish himself there but when TNA decides to run house shows and shows outside Florida, they're not going to do well with Monty as their standard bearer. That's my opinion on it. I do agree they need to pull the trigger on Monty, but as of now, Christian should be the long term plan for their champion.

Thank you for proving why it should be Christian. I said they should build Christian towards the belt for 2006. With Austin, who I assume you refer to in that statement, he was visible in WCW and ECW prior to coming over to WWF. Then he worked in WWF for 2 years prior to his belt win. With Christian, he's been visible in WWF/E for 7-8 years. The fans in Orlando and everywhere else (when TNA expands) needs to have a visible guy as their champion. Christian could be it.

I do think Christian's signing could be huge for TNA. I had a convo with a co-worker today about how we both thought he'd skyrocket now that's jumped. BUT, just like WWE didn't put the belt on Austin in 1996 (they spent a year misusing him, then made us want it for a year before pulling the trigger). TNA should take the same approach with Christian, minus the Ringmaster year. But Monty's time is now. They've been building to it for a year, and IMHO, they should do it. I don't think Monty's going to play any worse than any of their other "unknowns" when they do expand, and Monty's the one guy they have right now that commands newcomers attention. Once again, I'm not saying Christian shouldn't get a run with the belt or being a permanent main eventer for TNA. I'm just saying that by establishing Monty now to their already expanded Spike audience, they'll do themselves more good than by knocking Monty down in favor of Christian. Because let's face it, Christian is going to be near the top of the card no matter. If Monty spend another year in the midcard, he could become the next Truth.

Guest Macaroni

I agree with the idea of someone from Team Canada (Petey hopefully) costing Christian his match against Monty. This sets up Monty / Jarret for the next PPV, while Christian "pays his dues" in TNA with a Team Canada Feud. Once that's over, it's off to the title chase.

Watch Christian's promo on his debut. Then watch Monty's promo last week on Impact. You will then know that Christian should be the next champ, and Monty isn't even close to being ready.

Rhino/Jarrett, in the main event, drew the WEAKEST quarter hour rating of the prime time special. So how does TNA respond? They headline a PPV with the match. Ugh.

If anybody has to lose in Christian vs Monty, it has to be Monty. If Christian makes the jump and then loses his first big match, then any casuals watching it will see a superstar get beaten to a complete unknown, and you don't want that out of a guy that you must made a lot of noise about getting. Ideally, Monty shouldn't lose either, but there is more to be lost from Christian losing than Monty losing, even if it was a screwjob.

Guest Leelee

Monte is one of the very few characters they've bothered to build, and to job him before even reaching a World Title shot is pure stupidity.