TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hoff

Why do they let old people on

Seriously. They can't hear their names called, they take six years making it down to contestant's row, they don't know what ANYTHING costs ($2100 for a Dell desktop. $2100!), and they can't make up their minds for shit.

FUCK OLD PEOPLE.

Also, they can't spin the big wheel for shit. And the WORST is when it's one of those obstinate old people who refuse help. Case in point, the woman currently on. Sadly, she just procured 95 cents. I have NEVER wanted to see someone hit the big dollar so bad in my life.

I don't understand all the college kids that appear on The Price is Right.

I'm in college. I do not know one person who watches the show, even once in a while.

My last semester of college, when I wasn't actually "attending classes," I watched it religiously.

The military guys are great. I always like seeing them do well. They usually don't play along with Bob's jokes, which is also a plus, because the old man is starting to lose it. I wonder what'll happen to the show when he kicks off? I know there was a short-lived, half-hour afternoon version. It lasted like three weeks.

Pssh, there's nothing better than the seizure-incuding blinking lights and loud bells when someone wins that new car. Man I love Price is Right.

I agree that Rod Roddy's death left a hole in the show (omg the room is spinning here comes the vomit), but it's still a good show.

You know, who the fuck is Ben Sisko to talk to Jean-Luc Picard that way? If it wasn't for Picard, that fucker'd be speaking Borg right now.

Guest Leelee

I miss when Game Show Network used to have the good old game shows, instead of all the new crap they have now.

And they bastardized my beloved Press Your Luck. Fuck 'em.

GSN still has some decent stuff.

I prefer game shows that test your knowledge though, like Jeopardy, Millionaire and Weakest Link, rather than shows that rely on dumb luck, like TPIR... although I do love the original PYL, that still rocks for all the antics of both the players and the Whammy cartoons.

The new PYL fucking blows though. the appeal of PYL was the cutesy cartoons with the funny voices accompanying the Whammy. The new cartoons have the Whammy being more of a mean-spirited demon with a grunty voice. I half-expect him to say in a death-metal voice "I WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND SEND YOU TO HELL!"

On top of that, the sound effects for PYL really added to the show, namely the "doo doo doo" of the board itself and the "whaa whaa!" when someone hit a Whammy. The sound effects of the new show just don't create same amount of tension and despair when someone "presses their luck"

Guest Leelee

I love Jeopardy, but it's a show that doesn't age well.

Also, as a huge word game geek, I have to say that Lingo blows hard. They finally make a game like that, and it sucks. Feh.

I also think old people shouldn't be allowed to drive or use the telephone without permission.

How do word games fit in there, Slayer. the second round of Pyramid is HAAAAAAARD. "Things That Are Subjective" or something as the $300 subject

The problem with shows like Pyramid and Password is that you already know the answer so it's difficult to play along, therefore you rely on the quality of the celebs to make the show entertaining in some form, which runs about 50-50

Guest Vitamin X

The only thing I like about Price is Right is the sound that plays when they get something wrong. YTMNDers know it as the "failed" sound.