TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hoff

Why do they let old people on

I miss the Jimmy episodes of Win Ben Stein's Money.

That's another good show

The chick who replaced Kimmel was awful

I think she wrote the movie "The Sweetest Thing". I saw that movie on Comedy Central a while back, and it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Can't hate on Bob Barker...he's still pimpin' it after all these years. 

bob-barker.jpg

Fuckin' A.

They can't hear their names called

They take six years making it down to contestant's row

They don't know what ANYTHING costs ($2100 for a Dell desktop. $2100!)

They can't make up their minds for shit.

They can't spin the big wheel for shit.

These are some of the reasons I watch the Price is Right (or did before going out into the real world).

My favorite memory was long ago when some young chick bumped this old lady out of that "winner's circle" because she got a better score on the Big Wheel, and the granny refused to leave. How Barker got her to leave was a thing of beauty -- why isn't he working for peace in the Middle East?... :angry:

The only thing I like about Price is Right is the sound that plays when they get  something wrong. YTMNDers know it as the "failed" sound.

"I love, and I will always love, Matt Hardy."

Guest Monty Burns

I love GSN but I agree some of their programming is crap. Lingo is OK but Chuck Woolery seems to be getting more senile by the day.

Guest Leelee

Lingo is horrible.

It's a children's game that takes zero brain power. Of course, I'm a Scrabble-league geek that remembers most of the 5-letter words in the dictionary. But, still, most people on the show breeze through it.

Guest Monty Burns
It's a children's game that takes zero brain power.

But so many people still screw it up, it's unbelievable how dumb they are. There's a strategy to the game that a lot of them don't know - you have to choose words with vowels right at the beginning (try to use all five vowels with the first two choices) then you're set.

Guest Leelee

That one is also fun... but, only when it's an inept woman with a hideous stroke that misses by feet.

Guest Fook

The yodeling for that game pwns.

I always liked 3 Strikes where they had to reach into a bag containing the numbers of the price of a car as well as three X's.

I *love* that game. It's like getting a Whammy on Press Your Luck. They reach in the bag and it's all shuffle...shuffle...shuffle.......X

No love for that TPIR game where the hiker climbs up the mountain?

Embarrising Muggy story coming up: When I was five or so, I used to HATE that game. Back then, I thought games were real and Mario died everytime he fell into the pit. Well, same logic here. I thought that was a real yodeler who died everytime he fell off the mountain. TRAUMA! Everytime I saw that game appear on my screen, I ran away screaming.

Sad but true.

I knew when I saw the thread title that Hoff was talking about the old woman that was on there on Friday. I've never held nearly as much contempt for old people as you guys. You want people saying this stuff about all of you in fifty years?

If I've fallen to this condition, I'll end it before I hear any of their cutting remarks. Or rather, I would, if I had the mental faculties for it, but sadly I'd be just another brain-dead, useless, drain-on-society moron.

Soylent Green. Really that bad an idea?

Guest Duke_The_Dog

I thought the bad guy was caught by winning over the other contestants and Carmen was caught by winning on a big globe.

Trivia: There is one episode of Carmen S. that was never aired. The girl who won ended up tripping on the World map while running and broke her arm

Yeah, Carmen was caught if you were able to identify all the countries/states on the big map at the end. It was always funny watching the stupid kids screwing up the U.S. map.