TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

PS3 controller not changing

Someone needs to say "I'm Batman" while holding the controller.

Guest Leelee

Ugh... forcing people to waste money on accessories is the main reason I prefer MS to Sony.

Ugh... forcing people to waste money on accessories is the main reason I prefer MS to Sony.

Um...what?

20 bucks for a faceplace?

30 bucks for a lousy remote?

50 bucks for a wireless controller and 40 for a WIRED one?!

The seperate hard drive option?

How about the bundles--which are getting first priority over reserves that were just the systems?

Guest Leelee

Um...what?

How about the bundles--which are getting first priority over reserves that were just the systems?

Yes, you're absolutely right on the 360. :P

Rephrase my original comment to XBox1 instead of MS.

What is the word on how many controller ports the PS3 will have?

Wireless, remember? None. It doesn't support wired ones like XB, thus no use of the PS2/PS1 controllers.

However, supposedly up to 7 wireless controllers can be supported by one system. Yeah, odd number, but that's supposedly the correct info for now.

PS and PS2 memory cards won't work on it? I thought this system was supposed to be backwards compatible with majority of the software? So we have to replay all of those games again just to save them on the PS3 memory card, we can't even transfer them over? What a joke.

Also Anya, the Nintendo remote will fit into a "regular" shell controller for things like fighting games, etc. Just wanted to point that out.

Also Anya, the Nintendo remote will fit into a "regular" shell controller for things like fighting games, etc.  Just wanted to point that out.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean anyone will put any good fighters on the system.

Wireless, remember? None. It doesn't support wired ones like XB, thus no use of the PS2/PS1 controllers.

However, supposedly up to 7 wireless controllers can be supported by one system. Yeah, odd number, but that's supposedly the correct info for now.

*slaps forehead*

Oh, of course. Thanks man.

And no, you can't use your old Dual Shocks. Or PS2 memory cards. Or PS1 memory cards.

Wow, that's gay. And when I say that, I mean as in really fucking homo.

*slaps forehead*

Oh, of course. Thanks man.

Actually, come to think of it I forgot about other options:

PlayStation 3 supports numerous forms of portable media. The PlayStation 3 has 6 USB 2.0 ports, a memory stick slot, an SD slot, and, in stark contrast to many of Sony’s other consumer electronics products, the system actually supports compact flash. Sony even saved a space for a removable 2.5” hard drive.

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-x-1985-x-x-x

Guest Vitamin X

Um...what?

She mentioned forcing people. All those things are optional, save for the DVD remote, which I didn't like with either Xbox system. It wasn't lousy either, it worked perfectly fine for me.. I don't see what's so wrong with it other than having to buy the stupid thing. The 360 won't have that problem though, so that's nice.

She said accessories, though. Technically, no accessories are really "forced" on you. You only need to buy another controller if you intend to play with friends who don't have the system. Other than that, there are guns and other special sorts of controllers--only "forced" if you want to play the game properly.

Wow, that's gay. And when I say that, I mean as in really fucking homo.

It's kind of unclear whether it will even play PS1 games, although that's probably not considered too important. "Backward compatible with PS2" is all that's known, but just for the games themselves.

Microsoft didn't really force you to buy any of there accessories. You could argue about the dvd playback kit but its not really something you NEED to have, unless you don't have a dvd player. Sony on the other hand made you buy a memory card if you wanted to save any of your progress and I'm sorry you can't argue that you didn't ever need a memory card. Plus the multitap, now you don't really need this but being able to play 3 or 4 players is nice, but to buy a extra accessorie so you can play 3 or 4 players is a bit much. Anywho, yes Sony makes you buy there accessories, there's really no argument. Thats why I'm completely anti sony.

Mememory cards and things like that cut costs. At the end of the day you're not getting anything for "free". It's just added to the cost of the system.

Okay, forgot about the memory card. You got me there, but that's pretty much the only essential one.

Microsoft didn't really add the cost of the hard drive to the cost of the X-Box--they sold it at a loss to establish the X-Box brand.

Now they're going to try to cash in a bit more.

Sony is merciless on the cost of those "memory sticks" however.

Guest Vitamin X

I like Microsoft's strategy though- chances are, there'll be a price drop when the PS3 launches. Sell at a high price during the holiday season, make it the toy all the kids will want, then drop the price when your main competitor launches their console.

It's not just the memory card(s), either. Online adapter? Hard drive? Those things were necessary to play games. Aside from the cost of paying for Xbox Live (now a moot point on the 360), all I needed was an extra ethernet cable or wireless adapter to get online, and I didn't need to buy anything for the box to play any of my games (ah, we all remember that one adapter Nintendo sold for the N64, I forgot what it was called but it was necessary to play Perfect Dark... someone refresh my memory?)

Expansion Pak. Only a few games used it, though.

Hard drive was supported for one or two games for PS2, and the selection of games with online play for PS2 was pretty pitiful.

It's not entirely clear if Sony's going to require a separate online adapter, or if they're going to do a core/deluxe thing with a hard drive.