TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

Shadowrun doesn't even have 1P, does it?

I tried the Vampire's Rain demo. Seems kind of eh. If it's any indication of the final game, it's all about stealth and sneaking around while trying to avoid vampires that are like spring-loaded tiger people on crack. Surely the full game gives you *some chance* against them? I thought I could shot at one in the head from a safe distance only to have it no-sell, spring up like 30 feet and kill me in 2 seconds.

It seems like a 2nd rate splinter cell with vamps.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2007/06/a...0_failures.html

Q: There was a surge of supplies in the spring of 2006. Did that mark any particular advance in manufacturing? Was that Celestica coming online?

A: We hold as confidential our production ramp. It's not something we talk about.

Q: Do you still say that is a normal return rate for the console?

A: We continue to say the vast majority of the people are really happy with it.

Q: I've heard varying accounts of what is considered a normal return rate. Some people say that 2 percent is normal. Sometimes 3 percent to 5 percent is considered normal. Back to that question, can you address whether you are within those rates or within a normal rate.

A: We don't disclose the actual number.

Q: Normal compared to the Xbox?

A: We don't comment on that.

Q: There were some folks, who are not totally guessing, who said that when you had three million consoles in the market, you have a bone pile of bad ones. That seems to suggest a pretty high defect rate as far as the yield goes. Can you address that?

A: We don't talk about our production.

Q: Can you say whether the yield ramp was any better this time around?

A: We don't comment on that.

Q: There is talk you are going to 65 nanometer chips. Can you talk about the significance of that?

A: We continue to redesign the box, continue to drive costs out. We don't talk about the specifics of it.

Q: If it's early or late, what's the significance of having 65nm six months early or six months late?

A: We don't comment on what we're doing internally.

Q: If you have a high defect rate, won't that ruin the business model? Won't that ruin the profit?

A: I would say we don't have a high defect rate. The vast majority of people are really excited about their product, and that we are targeting profitability for next year.

They aren't going to come out and say they have one if they did and if they don't they aren't going to say that they do. There are media outlets that would scream from on high about a huge defect and then at the end it be a tiny number.

I got the Ring of Death in March. I bought the system in October of last year. Got it repaired through Microsoft which was pretty quick and painless. It hasn't stopped me from using the 360 altogether, but I am a bit tentative about it now.

I tried the Vampire's Rain demo. Seems kind of eh. If it's any indication of the final game, it's all about stealth and sneaking around while trying to avoid vampires that are like spring-loaded tiger people on crack. Surely the full game gives you *some chance* against them? I thought I could shot at one in the head from a safe distance only to have it no-sell, spring up like 30 feet and kill me in 2 seconds.

so your fighting Tigger?

As far as my 360 is doing? I got mine a month after it came out, it works fine other than being loud on some of the older games, like Deadrising for example. When I pop that disc in, my 360 is as loud as fuck.

Mine is working fine, then again I bought the extended warranty too so if any problems should arise.

Mine broke yesterday. The power box isnt getting any juice. It might just be a fuse in the plug though.

My fucking Xbox 360 took a dump on me 5 minutes ago. I was playing Guitar Hero 2 and I heard this buzz, the screen cut out....then BAM! 3 red lights of motherfucking death! Of course I didn't take out a warranty with Microsoft, nope I took out with Gamecrazy instead, hopefully Gamecrazy honors it or I have to shell out 140.00 to get it fucking repaired. Fuck me! Almost 2 years to, Goddamnit.

As far as my 360 is doing? I got mine a month after it came out, it works fine...

My fucking Xbox 360 took a dump on me 5 minutes ago.

As far as my 360 is doing? I got mine a month after it came out, it works fine...

My fucking Xbox 360 took a dump on me 5 minutes ago.

Yeah I know...I blame Undertakerhart for that irony in the post.

No, Shadow Run doesn't have 1p and Vampires Rain is Splinter Cell with Vamps. Its pretty stupid if you ask me. Plus they really can kick the crap out of you. I personally don't like games where the goal is to avoid every fucking enemy in the game.

so in a update to my 360 breakdown, I contacted Gamecrazy and found out that I could switch it out as long as I find my recipt but I have to take in everything that came with it and give it to them as well...including my Harddrive. I asked if I could just send the new clear harddrive with the defective system instead of giving them my harddrive, the manager told me no as he had a issue with one person whose old harddrive wouldn't work with any of the new systems. So I got screwed there.

I was talking to a friend about maybe letting me put some of my data thats on my harddrive onto his harddriva via a transfer kit because I don't think a memory card will work with some of my games and he told me that he has a program that will let me transfer my data from my harddrive to his computer so when I got the new Harddrive, I could just transfer the data from his computer to my harddrive.

On Monday, after I contacted the manager of Gamecrazy, i called Microsoft to make sure that my Harddrive didn't go defective on me when my system went defective, they told me no and informed that my system was still in warranty with them and they will fix it for me, which was odd because when I called in on Sunday, I was told that my warranty wasn't in tact and if I wanted Microsoft to fix it, it would cost me $140.00. The lady over the phone asked me what I wanted to do and after finding out how long it may take, I opted to just finding my recipet and switching the 360 out for a new one at Gamecrazy.

Yesterday I went to my mom's house to find said recipt and couldn't find it at all. So I called Microsoft back to make sure 100% what I could do, I was told that my warranty was still in-tact with Microsoft and I now have a box on it's way to me from Microsoft so YAY! there and I only need to send my system and the referance number, nothing else. So some how, I really really luck'd out.

So I played a demo of Lost Planet today, and its pretty good. The controls are pretty clunky I found but the graphics are fantastic. The cool concept of the game is how the time and health are tied into each other, and if you get severly hurt, the time easily vanishes.

So I played a demo of Lost Planet today, and its pretty good. The controls are pretty clunky I found but the graphics are fantastic. The cool concept of the game is how the time and health are tied into each other, and if you get severly hurt, the time easily vanishes.

The game's pretty good. Haven't played the multiplayer, but the campaign's challenging without being cheap. The whole "energy drains while you play" is pretty much overrated as there is usually plenty of energy to go around. Graphics are solid and the sound is decent (I didn't really notice it much while playing). Cutscenes are good enough to drive the story forward, without being truly memorable. Female lead is pretty nice though.

Guest Ninja

Don't have the game, but some of the paint jobs I've seen are insane. Here's some pics of a guy that made an Okami one:

53qgl6d.jpg

52fqts6.jpg

Forza 2 is alright, but it wasn't much more than a diversion from some of the better racing sims out there. It's not a game I'd buy, as it's lacking in content, it doesn't control as well and doesn't do as good a job of simulating speed. The best part of the game is definitely the car customization options, because as seen above, there's quite a bit of nifty things you can do with the paintjob/decals. If you're a big fan of the genre it's worth playing, otherwise maybe not.