TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Marlins officially declare they are seeking...

Charlotte and Indianapolis seem to be good spots if they could get a park in place, but I don't want any city to be stuck with that piece of shit owner.

Guest Vitamin X

Agreed. Get the Angels the fuck out of my hometown. That's Dodger country.

I think Indianapolis would be a great spot for a team.

I imagine Indianapolis is Cubs territory right now?

Portland has been trying to get a team for many years. I think this would be an ideal time for them...they've apparently already contacted Marlins ownership.

Portland already has a stadium financing plan in place and several stadium locations already scouted. Portland also had the 4th highest ratings of any city no named Chicago or Houston for the world series which might interest Marlins officials.

Charlotte and Indianapolis seem to be good spots if they could get a park in place, but I don't want any city to be stuck with that piece of shit owner.

Aw man, he changed the team name to LA Angels of Anaheim. Man he sucks.

I heard he dropped beer prices at Angels Stadium. That's another thing, he hasn't sold the naming to the Big A.

Since Arte has bought the team, the Angels have made the playoffs three times. The fans have access to him when he walks around the stadium.

Since McCourt has bought the team, they won one game in the post season (which is an accomplishment for them), and are currently rebuilding the team and stadium as we speak.

Since Arte has bought the team, the Angels have made the playoffs three times. The fans have access to him when he walks around the stadium.

Twice actually. The 2002 title came under the Disney umbrella.

The 2002 title came under the Disney umbrella.

Lest we ever forget Michael Eisner, in a Mickey Mouse shirt two sizes too small, accepting the WS trophy

Hmmm...

I'd say move the Angels to Portland, and the Marlins to Charlotte.

For those of you who considered Indianapolis, we could always relocate the Devil Rays. But I'd say wait until Tampa Bay management starts dropping hints that they want out of Florida.

Portland already has a stadium financing plan in place and several stadium locations already scouted.

But no progress from when we last talked, right?

Has the mayor's stance changed on that new waterfront stadium since they got turned down for the Expos?

What an unbelieveable piece of crap Jeffrey Loria is.  He bitches about how he doesn't have the money needed to close the gap and fund the stadium, then he finds $60 Million to give Carlos Delgado.  The man killed baseball in Montreal, and has now effectively killed baseball in Miami.  How many times can an owner fail before the commissioner finally pulls the plug on that piece of shit and gives the Marlins a real owner?

What's he done that's been so bad? He gave a contract to Delgado. Heaven forbid he actually tries to make a run for the World Series for the Marlins. He had to trade him away too because of the shitty location.

Hmmm...

I'd say move the Angels to Portland, and the Marlins to Charlotte.

For those of you who considered Indianapolis, we could always relocate the Devil Rays.  But I'd say wait until Tampa Bay management starts dropping hints that they want out of Florida.

Tampa Bay isn't moving anywhere. Their operation is doing well and they're making money every year, I believe.

What an unbelieveable piece of crap Jeffrey Loria is.  He bitches about how he doesn't have the money needed to close the gap and fund the stadium, then he finds $60 Million to give Carlos Delgado.  The man killed baseball in Montreal, and has now effectively killed baseball in Miami.  How many times can an owner fail before the commissioner finally pulls the plug on that piece of shit and gives the Marlins a real owner?

What's he done that's been so bad? He gave a contract to Delgado. Heaven forbid he actually tries to make a run for the World Series for the Marlins. He had to trade him away too because of the shitty location.

Both times Loria has owned a franchise, his entire purpose has been to beg his city for a publicly funded stadium. When he doesn't get it, he throws a hissy fit, threatens relocation, and drives his franchise into the ground. In Montreal, he failed to even negotiate a basic television agreement. He pawned off the Expos to MLB, and when he moved he took everything with him, right down to the club's computers and scouting reports, leaving a shell of a franchise behind.

The Loria hate stems from the entire Montreal business. Montreal is a perfectly suitable place for a team. They have a rich history of baseball going back decades. Jackie Robinson played there for a year, the first black player in organized ball in half a century. Loria took over and in less than five years destroyed baseball in Montreal. He was allowed to see the team to no one, and MLB continued to make the Expos the joke of a franchise they remain today.

Miami has offered a large chunk of money to help build a stadium, but apparently that's not enough for Loria, who wants a retractable roof. As far as I'm concerned, not one cent of public money should fund these ballparks. Loria and owners of his ilk need to stop being greedy and kick in the rest of the funding. It will NOT bankrupt his establishment. The only reason Loria seeks relocation is that some municipality will offer him a free stadium, which means more profits. More power to him. But in the meantime, he has decimated baseball in Montreal and Miami. That's simply criminal.

I heard the MArlins are looking into moving to my state....NJ. They would look into playing in the meadowlands. I don't see how Steinbrenner and Wilpon would allow this to happen.

I absolutely agree that Miami fans suck balls. I'm a Miami U fan and they can't even sell out any of their games, despite being a top 10 team for how many years now? Give or take a couple of years. It's not even noisy there either. They're terrible

I heard the MArlins are looking into moving to my state....NJ.    They would look into playing in the meadowlands.  I don't see how Steinbrenner and Wilpon would allow this to happen.

I absolutely agree that Miami fans suck balls.  I'm a Miami U fan and they can't even sell out any of their games, despite being a top 10 team for how many years now? Give or take a couple of years.  It's not even noisy there either.  They're terrible

I highly doubt NJ having a team, considering North Jersey is dominated by the Yankees and Mets while South Jersey is Phillies territory. It'd be like the Devils, who never sell out games in the regular season and have tons of problems selling tickets for the playoffs unless its to visiting fans from Philly or New York.

If they were to play in Camden they would have to rebuild the Vet there.  The most dangerous stadium in America in the most dangerous city in America, no opponent would want to play there.

I know Newark was looking to build arenas for the Devils and Nets a few years ago if they would have relocated there, would they be interested in building a baseball stadium there. Newark is coming up, and they have plenty of room

I don't think you have to worry about NJ. I forget where the article was (espn.com?), but they brought up a good point in that after cutting a sweetheart deal with Angelos to get a team in DC, what do you think they would have to pay Steinbrenner to avoid a shitfit.