TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Decemberists

Jimmy Jacobs throws IWA title down

My theory:

IWA-MS knows they're dieing. They cancelled 6 straight shows. They know the end is near. Meanwhile, Danny Daniels, who was the Golden boy on 2003, has this new promotion in the area. They want to give it some publicity, and "pass the torch" to them.

Hell, I already watched the 1st show. I think the 3rd is the Trashcan one. I'll be there soon.

If that's the case, why wouldn't Ian do it with the Ritter Brothers (No Limits promoters), Carmine DeSpirito (Mid-American Wrestling promoter), Ed Chuman (NWA Midwest promoter), Insanity Pro Wrestling (who run Indianapolis and seem to worship the ground that IWA walks on), or any other promoter/promotion that Ian actually gets along with?

As an aside, I just got a batch order from SMV (Eddie Kingston style SHILL~!) and Jimmy versus Colt Cabana from TPI Night 1 was entertaining as hell.

On subject, I want Jimmy versus Necro. And Necro as IWA World Champion.

Guest Purist

Why they put the title on Jimmy Jacobs is beyond me, to his credit, he did well as a heel and really wrestled a good heel style, but onto the subject at hand. IWA-MS was dying, Jacobs read the writing on the wall, and he collected cash for tossing the IWA-MS Title into the trash. What he did was simply get the money he needed, sure, he stabbed Ian Rotten in the back, but its Ian Rotten, big f'n deal.

If that's the case, why wouldn't Ian do it with the Ritter Brothers (No Limits promoters), Carmine DeSpirito (Mid-American Wrestling promoter), Ed Chuman (NWA Midwest promoter), Insanity Pro Wrestling (who run Indianapolis and seem to worship the ground that IWA walks on), or any other promoter/promotion that Ian actually gets along with?

I didn't know Daniels and Rotten don't get along. In that case I think it's a shoot. yay.

I didn't know Daniels and Rotten don't get along. In that case I think it's a shoot. yay.

Yeah. Daniels left IWA with Prazak, Whitmer and I think Brad Bradley (who if that's right has since come back). It was either him or Whitmer, or both, who was getting pissy about not being used well enough and there were probably money issues too. But yeah, he bailed on the company which he pretty much was made by. I doubt Ian's on good terms with him somehow.

Still might be a work though. Jimmy's promos before this were getting a bit more anti-Internet, so maybe it ties in somehow.

Whitmer and Jacobs who were ROH tag champs at the time were asked to job to the THomiselli's. Whitmer refused and him and Ian parted ways because of that. Prazak and Daniels left on the spot in protest. Frankly I don't blame Whitmer, being that ROH is his top pay day, and those guys suck.

Although since it was an IWA show only 40 people may have seen it.