TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The Rose Bowl Thread

I'm waiting for the year where the Top 2 teams are from the same conference. It's gonna happen eventually. We need something so ridiculous that the BCS can never live again.

The only real chance I see of that happening is from one of the conferences without a title game (Pac10, Big10 or Big East) where you have a chance of two undefeated teams coming from the same conference since there's a chance said two teams don't meet during the regular season.

It could happen from one of the other three, but a lot more shit would have to fall into place for that to happen.

Quite frankly I wouldn't mind seeing two teams from the same conference in the title game. Some people might groan, and the TV folks would have a shitfit since it could greatly limit their audience, but one of the (few) good things about the NCAA is that you can have conference rivals in a title game. It's happened before in the Final Four and produced two of the most notable games in the tourney's history.

Guest Princess Leena

If it happened with 2 undefeated teams in the same conference, then it's understandable.

I'm more thinking of the time Nebraska made the national title game while not even making their conference title game.

It could've happened in 2004! OU was ranked #2 and Texas was ranked #5. Now what if #1 USC lost to UCLA, #3 Auburn lost to Tennessee, and #4 Cal lost to Southern Miss? That would've been the scenario.

DENVER -- Southern California tailback LenDale White will not make a run at the 2006 Heisman Trophy.

The "Thunder" to Heisman winner Reggie Bush's "Lightning" with the Trojans, White announced Wednesday that he is leaving school to chase his professional dreams.

"At this time, I would like to announce that I will forgo my senior season and [make] myself eligible in the 2006 NFL draft," said White, a Denver native. "It was definitely a hard choice to come up with."

USC's all-time leader with 52 touchdowns, White ran for 124 yards and three scores in the Trojans' 41-38 loss to Texas in the Rose Bowl one week ago. The 6-2, 235-pounder came up a foot short on a fourth-and-2 rush with just over two minutes remaining, allowing the Longhorns to get the ball back.

Texas quarterback Vince Young then capped a brilliant game with a go-ahead 8-yard touchdown run on fourth-and-5 with 19 seconds left.

White rushed for 1,302 yards and 24 touchdowns on just 197 carries in 2005, splitting time in the Trojan backfield with Bush, who will reportedly announce whether he will return for his senior season on Thursday.

White finished the 2005 season with 1,302 yards on 197 carries. In his three-year career, White had 541 carries for 3,159 yards

ESPN.com

He's likely be a Top 15 pick. One report had the Packers interested in White at pick number five.

Since the BCS games, save the Rose Bowl are moving to Fox next year. Any idea who's going to be calling those games?

White is probably no lower than the third back picked at this point, and I agree that he'll probably go in the top 15. I feel like this draft is thin at receiver, and outside of Leinart and Young, I don't see any other QBs as locks for the first round (Cutler, maybe?). Some teams are going to want skill position players. The draft is loaded with good RB talents, but LenDale skips in front of almost all of them. Being so successful at USC could sneak him ahead of DeAngelo Williams, too. If Adrian Peterson declares next year, I can't see White skipping ahead of him, so he's not likely to move up too much on that one extra year.

Rupert Murdoch and Paris Hilton will call all BCS games.

I dunno, I'd rather have DeAngelo Williams as a Packer than White. He's proven over time how he alone can make a team go.

AD will probably be a Top 5 pick next year if not the number 1 pick. I don't think OU has ever had a #1 pick.....

What good recievers are coming out this year?

Santonio Holmes and Derek Hagan are probably the two most impressive. A lot of people tell me Chad Jackson is really good, but I didn't see enough UF games this year to judge him.

The glut this year is at tight end. Vernon Davis and Leonard Pope are gonna go way high, and Jeff King, Garrett Mills, and Marcedes Lewis ought to be first-day guys based on their ability. They're all good-to-great receiving tight ends, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of teams that might be looking for a wide-out to look at Davis and Pope first.

I disagree. I think Ohio State's going to be the consensus #1 coming off the Fiesta Bowl with most of their talent intact. Notre Dame should be a solid #2 though.

If I were to guess, I'd say the rest of the Top Ten goes something like:

3. USC

4. LSU

5. Texas

6. West Virginia

7. Florida

8. Florida State

9. Oklahoma

10. Michigan

Penn State?

Guest Princess Leena
AD will probably be a Top 5 pick next year if not the number 1 pick. I don't think OU has ever had a #1 pick.....

You should be ashamed for not remembering Billy Sims.

I didn't think Billy Simms was the #1 draft pick.

Guest Vitamin X

In all fairness, seeing as Dama wasn't probably wasn't even alive at the time, how could he?

Lee Roy Selmon was also drafted #1 out of Oklahoma with the Bucs first pick ever in 1976.

When did the Bucs come into existence? They were one of the worst teams in the league for a while there weren't they? I'm sure that turned out good for him.

Leena why do you know so much about OU when you hate it so much?

Guest Princess Leena

If it was their first pick ever, then you can see when they came into existance.

And I don't hate OU. I just hate most big college football schools because the current system blows. And I'm generally negative. I like their hoops team, though. Except for Bookout. Beat him up, tough guy.

I like Bookout. Of course him and Gray are being mis-used and they can't get shit b/c nobody fears OU's shitty guards.

I didn't notice he said ever after first pick.

Lee Roy Selmon was also drafted #1 out of Oklahoma with the Bucs first pick ever in 1976.

When did the Bucs come into existence?

Do they teach reading comprehension in Oklahoma?

Hey fuck off. You guys act like none of you have ever glanced at a post and missed a word in it. I just glanced at what he wrote.

Jesus you'd think that only the most perfect people on the planet post on this board with the way you assholes act.

I could see Michigan cracking the pre-season Top 10.

I think it's definitely going to happen. There's too much talent there for them to be outside of the top 5 at the end of the year, every year.

When did the Bucs come into existence? They were one of the worst teams in the league for a while there weren't they? I'm sure that turned out good for him.

Ha ha. Dama can't read. He's stupid.

Ha ha. Dama can't read. He's stupid.

Hey motherfucker can you not read what I wrote up there? Jesus christ this board has problems.