TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UZI Suicide

Man cries at a Wrestling Convention

Guest kongadave

Yep, I am married for three years,

To be honest, I have much more going on in life to "work" the internet or any of that other nonsense. I really don't mind folks making jokes as taken out of context I can see how it could be humorous and I have way too much going on to control or worry about other folks think of me as person based on less than a minute of film. I am actually a manager with a facilities company in Atlanta overseing lots of medical space. Oh well. it hasn't been debunked at the Wrestlecrap or torch forums as I have posted my picture there as I will here to help set the record straight about what happened. This was not a work as I paid admission to be there and had never been to a CCW card before. Suprised anyone would ask me to prove who I am. Not as if folks are standing in line to claim they are me (i.e. the guy in the video.)

After seeing Terry, Bobby, Dennis and Jim earlier in the day, With terry not being able to get around easily and Dennis and Bobby still getting around, but so much slower after all the injuries. It was diffucult listening to Terry talking about the deaths in the business and how something needs to be done. Eddy G had died earlier that week. Dinsmore was just sent home for drugs. It was emotional and I got caught up in the moment.

For me, Meeting favorites like Konga the Barbarian and Jerry Lawler and Tully Blanchard for the first time. Meeting Dr. tom and Jimmy Valient, Seeing Cornette and Synn again. Getting to hang with Apter when we snuck upstairs to buy Pizza at the consession stand. It was awesome.

Believe me when I say, that for me, there was nothing "fake", "sports entertainment" or "worked" about that day in my life. It was real. I was the fan who picked up wrestling magazines in Middle and high school all over again. Wrestling was the way it was back then. I loved THE SPORT that has been lost in so much of the nonsense they put on TV once again.

Seeing the superstars was emotional and I might have gotten too caught up with the moment, but hey, that is what being a fan to me is all about.

I don't think we will see the same reaction when the stars of today are at these fan fests years from now. I can't see me getting emotional about today's stars. Unfortunately, if major changes aren't made, we may not have many left to attend fan fests in years to come.

For one day and maybe the only day, I was so happy and so sad. I got to experience the joys of meeting a favorite star and the sadness of the hard reality of seeing so many stars needlessly dying from steroids and other drugs and others having pain and injuries which will last for the rest of their lives. All for our entertainment and enjoyment.

Some folks may poke fun at a "rasslin" fan crying over "fake" wrestlers...

In the greatest sport with the greatest fans, With athletics and drama, with excitement and intrigue, Wrestling may be many things, but one thing it isn't is fake.

It IS still real to me, Dammit.

DW

Atlanta, GA

fd07d70ccf.jpg

I loved THE SPORT that has been lost in so much of the nonsense they put on TV once again.

A sport generally has to involve actual competition.

Seriously dude, kill yourself or at least get a vasectomy. Just because you hung out with some people you dug as a kid and teenager and appreciate their efforts to entertain you, which have left them pained in their old age, doesn't somehow make two guys assisting one another in making their theatrics and bumps look real an actual sport. It's just two guys working together and pretending to fight. Ergo, it's not real. It's as real as stunt work in movies. Their injuries may be real but come on dude, when was the last time you saw a back body drop in a real situation? When has someone getting their ass kicked "hulked up"? It doesn't happen.

I respect you for actually coming round and trying to put your two cents in so we understand the video but that doesn't make your bawling because of past wrestlers actions any more odd and lame.

It keeps getting better...

'cameron chaos' makes an even more comically stupid hyperbolic statement than even Dave Damnit! himself.

It keeps getting better...

'cameron chaos' makes an even more comically stupid hyperbolic statement than even Dave Damnit! himself.

How exactly is me pointing out that while I think it's cool he tried to put his thoughts forward, it's still lame despite his assertions for him it's real make it equally comical compared to a grown man breaking down in tears over wrestling?

On the other hand though, I really don't want people like this breeding. It makes the gene pool all the more shallow.

There's a big difference between "not real" and predetermined for starters.

What's realistic about a vertical suplex? What's realistic about someone lying perfectly still while another person climbs the turnbuckles so they can jump on them? What's realistic about getting armbars and then not actually breaking the arm or shoulder? What's realistic about running to and bouncing off the ropes?

Stuntmen get injured on the job all the time when they are meant to be protecting each other but no one cries over them.

Their wives probably do

True, but that's a different kettle of fish.

Guest Coffey

What's realistic about a vertical suplex? What's realistic about someone lying perfectly still while another person climbs the turnbuckles so they can jump on them? What's realistic about getting armbars and then not actually breaking the arm or shoulder? What's realistic about running to and bouncing off the ropes?

Stuntmen get injured on the job all the time when they are meant to be protecting each other but no one cries over them.

You should look into "suspension of disbelief." You should also let me hit you in the head with a chair so you can tell me it's fake.

Also: you're an idiot.

You should look into "suspension of disbelief." You should also let me hit you in the head with a chair so you can tell me it's fake.

So it is somehow realistic in your opinion however I am meant to use suspension of disbelief, which by definition means disregarding all internal logic and simply accepting what is presented to you regardless of how unlikely or unbelievable it is.

Yet I'm the idiot.

As for the hitting me in the head with a chair so I can see if it hurts, 1) I wouldn't let myself get into such a situation if I could help it and 2) the idea of actually letting someone hit me in the head full swing with a metal object is high on my "things not to ever do" list. Also, if they are genuinely swinging full force on each other using metal chairs and letting each other take the blows, then they likely don't have too much to lose up there. However I'm guessing that they aren't which is why wrestlers get their hands up to protect themselves and they only go hit each other on the top of forehead which is the thickest part of the skull. I also reckon they know how to take blows so they appear real much like most actors do... you know, that thing everyone called "selling"?

'cameron chaos'..."Seriously dude, kill yourself or at least get a vasectomy." Thats like a combination of Tony Schiavone and Bill O Reilly. Its funny in a laughing at you sort of way.

Im now a fan of Damnit Dave!..but cameron chaos, you are just a sad person. Should the people that cried during the 'Red Fern Grows' have their balls snipped too? Dumbass.

So it is somehow realistic in your opinion however I am meant to use suspension of disbelief, which by definition means disregarding all internal logic and simply accepting what is presented to you regardless of how unlikely or unbelievable it is.

Yet I'm the idiot.

"Ugh fuck this movie, im supposed to believe that Bruce Willis can play a detective called John McClaine, and that terrorists will take over a plaza building. And that one cop can do all this? Fuck this, worst movie ever!" - Cameron Chaos watching Die hard

Yet I'm the idiot.

"Ugh fuck this movie, im supposed to believe that Bruce Willis can play a detective called John McClaine, and that terrorists will take over a plaza building. And that one cop can do all this? Fuck this, worst movie ever!" - Cameron Chaos watching Die hard

Movies don't have anybody defending them as real. I doubt people go up to Meryl Streep saying they feel so sorry about what happened to here having to decide between her kids. People realise she was acting, the rest of the people in the film were acting, the script while based in reality was fictional and it was a collaborative effort to entertain people, much like wrestlers working together to tell a story to entertain the fans over the course of their match.

Damnit Dave! accepts that he looked funny on video and just goes with it...'cameron chaos' continues to defend his retarded remarks and comes off as a far bigger joke.

Guest Amy Ace

Dave pmed me, and he seems like a really cool, genuine guy, so he's ok in my book. And, honestly, can't we all relate? The Diva Search made me wanna cry too.

Edited by Amy Ace

Damnit Dave! accepts that he looked funny on video and just goes with it...'cameron chaos' continues to defend his retarded remarks and comes off as a far bigger joke.

How is it retarded to assert pro wrestling isn't real or a sport and to express my disdain for anyone that tries to claim otherwise?

How is it real if suspension of disbelief is involved? It can't be.

How is it real when they are "workers" rather than "competitors", titles are "won" by people handpicked by the company so they can promote them and generate revenue rather than by the best, virtually every move involved entails the cooperation of all involved, things are planned and scripted in advance and people are asked to "sell" for one another, to act like they are hurt, rather than actually go and kick the crap out of each other?

Wait...Are we talking about boxing or wrestling?

Arguably both thanks to guys like Don King.

Guest kongadave

Hey, Cameron is entitled to his opinion. I feel comments of me killing myself went over the line, so I respectfully decline that offer. A bit harsh to make comments like that about someone who has a different perspective on something than you, but you are entitled to what you like.

I understand about matches being predetermined, but the injuries and seeing the stars not being able to walk without pain was moving to me. I had compassion for them and may have been overwhelmed.

Folks who have a different opinion can feel anyway they want, but , for myself, I would much rather be one who wishes to enjoy wrestling (predetermined, et al) and maybe a bit too emotional rather than one who isn't.

We all have feelings; I just seem to have a lot of the compassion and Empathy for others who are hurting. Not just wrestlers,Many others. Anyways thanks for a few pm's of support. No offense taken to any jokes or anything said.

DW

:D

cameron duder...'defending' yourself is only making this funnier...did you miss the part about Damnit Dave! not caring about people laughing at him?

Dave has a great sense of humor damnit! For a guy that cries at a wrestling convention he doesnt appear to be lacking in self-confidence at all.

wait a sec...so dave is the guy in the video? kongadave? and he leaves every post as DW? but in the video it starts out with "next question...jeff..."...................................................

??

Guest kongadave
I just noticed that.

No Idea why apter calls me Jeff. I think the guy who was going around with the mircophone was that.

Anyways. See picture above. It;s me.

:D

cameron duder...'defending' yourself is only making this funnier...did you miss the part about Damnit Dave! not caring about people laughing at him?

Good for him. Doesn't meant I don't consider it lame and odd, leaving me to wonder how warped his kids may turn out.

As for me "defending myself", I've asked simply for people to try explain to me how wrestling is "real" and not just predetermined entertainment involving people trying to tell a story while employing dramatic but unrealistic techniques. I've given specific examples of how it is unrealistic. I've tried to make it clear how neither wrestling or stunts in movies are executed to actually hurt the other person. No one seems to actually be capable of answering my questions as to "why" they consider it real of what aspects of do they consider to be "real", yourself included, so I really can't be arsed anymore since no one seems to be able use coherent logic or type more than a few derisive lines.

If you consider wrestling to somehow be real, good for you, however next time you should listen to the part of WWE's "Don't try this at home" promo where they say "This is ENTERTAINMENT, but the hazards are real". Do you understand what that means?

Do people get hurt in wrestling? Yes, but no more than a stunt man does. The only difference is a stunt man has a union that ensures he is unlikely to end up with long term disabilities as a result of his line of work.