TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AmericanDragon

Family Guy/American Dad 12/18

Guest jenzie

i'll d/l them tonight, or tomorrow, along with the rest of the funnys (ATHF ..... and that's it really)

I was thinking it'd be off for the week, since Bush came on to reiterate blah, blah, blah. Nothing was that great, although I had a real LOL moment when Peter was on the 'roids. Dammit, Meg!

The Jaws thing didn't do much for me. This is the first time I can remember a great deal of the pop culture references not only failing to get a laugh from me, but being downright unfunny.

I'm glad this thread exists because inbetween Seth's religious rantings that I'm getting so tired of I forgot that there were some jokes on FG that I liked.

American Dad (or as The Simpons refered to it, the "Plageriser of the Plageriser") soundly beat it this week though.

Guest Vitamin X

I thought Family Guy had some great jokes, but the story was overall pretty unfunny and didn't have much to work with.

I'm actually starting to accept American Dad a little more, although I find the alien, goldfish, and the son to be all horribly uninteresting and unfunny characters. The father does have a lot of rather humorous moments, though.

"Ah I love these lazy Saturday afternoons where we can just lay on the couch" - talking to his gun that's sitting on a pillow.

American Dad (or as The Simpons refered to it, the "Plageriser of the Plageriser") soundly beat it this week though.

I'm not up on my pop culture beefs. Someone wanna elaborate here?

"Family Guy" (households: 4.2/6, #14; adults 18-49: 3.4, #8) and "American Dad" (households: 4.8/7, #9; adults 18-49: 4.1, #3).

This is bizarro world. Have so many people turned off to Family Guy that American Dad is now the more popular of the two?

Family Guy was so phoned-in last night that it wouldn't surprise me if the Desperate Housewives joke backfired and people just started looking for something else. The train of thought was probably "let's have Peter create his own religion and have Stewie have to live in a bubble!" for the script and that was it. When Peter's father broke character it was sad considering he's one of the few defined characters left, yet he's still relentlessly one-dimensional.

Last weeks episode of the Simpsons had Sideshow Bob as a mayor of an italian village, and he never told the villagers that he was a criminal.

At the end of the episode, the Village police were looking through a book of criminals and they happened upon:

Picture of Peter Griffin :"Plagiarismo"

and

Picture of Stan Smith: "Plagiarismo de Plagiarismo"

"Family Guy" (households: 4.2/6, #14; adults 18-49: 3.4, #8) and "American Dad" (households: 4.8/7, #9; adults 18-49: 4.1, #3).

This is bizarro world. Have so many people turned off to Family Guy that American Dad is now the more popular of the two?

My guess is people turned on to see Family Guy at 9pm and saw Bush sitting in his chair and turned it assuming it wasn't coming on despite the promos for a new episode.

Last weeks episode of the Simpsons had Sideshow Bob as a mayor of an italian village, and he never told the villagers that he was a criminal.

At the end of the episode, the Village police were looking through a book of criminals and they happened upon:

and

You think they'd take the high road these days.

My guess is people turned on to see Family Guy at 9pm and saw Bush sitting in his chair and turned it assuming it wasn't coming on despite the promos for a new episode.

Ahh, you're right. I always set my TiVo for 8:00 to 11:00 because of football and all that, so I just fast forwarded through everything.

Guest Vitamin X

and

The Simpsons have gone the way of National Lampoon. They've jumped the shark that jumped the shark.

and

The Simpsons have gone the way of National Lampoon. They've jumped the shark that jumped the shark.

*Imagines a shark riding water skis jumping over a pool of sharks*

Dat's cool.

Yeah, that's the point. The show is so bad these days they really can't insult others anymore without looking extremely pathetic. It's reaching the point where bad seasons are outnumbering good seasons. Glass houses, man.

Meh. As a longtime fan, I still love the new episodes. It's an entirely different brand of humor that, honestly, some people just don't "get." Much of The Simpsons these days is about destroying conventions, whether it be of TV in general or on their own show.

I don't go to The Simpsons looking to care about the story anymore. I go to it for laughs, and while there are fewer than there were in the past, I still love the new shows.

and

That just comes across as incredibly sad and bitter. Did they think that would get a laugh?

Steroid Peter punching out Meg was by far the best part of this show.