TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

Infinite Crisis

Wasn't as mind-blowingly awesome as the last issue, but still pretty damn good. I'll agree that 'expository clifhanger' was a good way to describe it.

I do think that Wonder Woman was a bit useless though to this issue. The fill-in art on some of the pages was kind of distracting as well, but I loved the throw backs to the old golden age visual styles they used at times.

There were some awesome 'mark out' moments like seeing the Red Son Superman, and the page with all the other Earths appearing in the sky. The end with the Flash (it was Wally) coming back was great as well.

But for me, the highlight of the issue was the one page shot of Golden Age Supes crushing Modern Superman with the ol' Action Comics #1 pose. That was super sweet.

A Good set up issue with a lot of great lines thrown in.

Geoff Johns awhile back said this issue was the "calm before the storm" and that issue #6 and #7 will be all out madness.

The end with the Flash (it was Wally) coming back was great as well.

I dunno, the flash was wearing Barry's costume. Also he was saying how they couldnt hold him, meaning that this flash was in the speedforce. Wally didn't actually go into the speedforce, he went somewhere else with his family.

Have to agree with the sentiments that this issue was not as good as the last one, but still was quite good. The Wonder Woman stuff was not great but the last few pages was great.

I'll be interested to find out the reason he has the Anti-Monitors armour

Current speculation/rumor seems to indicate that Superboy Prime's new look ties into the rumored ending for Infinite Crisis that involves

the series ending with a massive time loop that causes Superboy Prime ending up being sent back in time and becomes the Anti-Monitor while either Alex Luthor or the Golden Age Superman will end up going back in time and becoming the Monitor, resulting in the Crisis and the destruction of the Multiverse happening in the first place

Current speculation/rumor seems to indicate that Superboy Prime's new look ties into the rumored ending for Infinite Crisis that involves

the series ending with a massive time loop that causes Superboy Prime ending up being sent back in time and becomes the Anti-Monitor while either Alex Luthor or the Golden Age Superman will end up going back in time and becoming the Monitor, resulting in the Crisis and the destruction of the Multiverse happening in the first place

Now that is an interesting angle that I had not yet thought of.

That certainly gives more weight to Alex Luthor saying that

it all revolves around Superman

(spoilered just in case) or something to that effect. DC's just hitting on all cylinders for me with this stuff.

There's a reason you haven't thought of it. Its because its too far fetched.

Secret files of IC was just superb. I love how they explain even the little touches like

Superboy snapping at being called crazy, why Alex kissed powergirl, "Superman" avoiding Ted...

. Superboy is like DC's Wanda, but the stories are actually good. RETCON PUNCH!

The teen titans annual was pretty lame imo. I never really cared about Cassie or the Conner/Cassie relationship and since its pretty much the main focus I found it very forgettable.

Jim Lee Cover for IC #6

crisis_6_lee.jpg

Some notes on the upcoming issues

-Geoff Johns told the audience Infinite Crisis #6 is when the whole series comes together, and the purpose of the series comes forth.

-Johns said all seven of the stars of the Seven Soldiers series will be in Infinite Crisis #7.

Superboy-Prime

There's a reason you haven't thought of it. Its because its too far fetched.

Don't be so sure.

And has anyone read the IC Secret File? It was SOLD OUT every place I went.

In a nutshell:

Everyone is fed up with being stuck in their "paradise" while superboy constantly rewatches moments from his life on his earth. Alex also annoyed that he has basically had no life at all, drives superboy crazy and violent by showing him footage of his parents death. This causes Superboy to start pounding away at the walls, causing the retcons. It's also revealed that Superboys pounding is the cause of Lois's sickness. Alex convinces superboy that they can find the perfect earth and gives him his antimatter powers. Superboy breaks out and starts to set the events that lead to crisis.

One thing that I don't get is why there was any need for the society. Surely Superboy is more than capable to capture the people needed for the machine.

This causes Superboy to start pounding away at the walls, causing the retcons.

Can you elaborate on this?

I should've known Hawkman would be involved.

God damn it, I wish I could get a copy of this.

Basically every big retcon (doom patrol, hawkman etc) is shown in the background.

Basically, they could've just posted one big picture of John Byrne and gotten the same effect.

In IC#5 Luthor was shown in a scene while havng Superboy(Conner) in some sort of tank. I must have missed a scene somewhere, but how did this happen?