TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

Infinite Crisis

I am guessing that those will eventually be pushed back. However, I was mad to see that IC#5 was pushed back another week. Can't Jiminez get his artwork done? Perez already draws for the book, does he need to pick up Phil's slack?

If they push the "One Year Later" books back, there will be a big whole in their schedule for 2 months while they wait for IC#7 to come out.

One year later was intended to start after IC #4. It's sort of meant to cause to suspense so that you read the OYL books and there's all these changes, and you're all "well, how did all this happen?" Then the remainder of IC has the big events that got the DCU there, and 52 fills in the missing year.

So no, this isn't a fuck up on DC's part, it was always planned to go this way.

Sound like how back in 1984, Marvel spoiled Secret Wars by having all the characters return to their books (with various changes and new storylines) the month the mini-series started.

Concerning OYL I think it will play out like this

That by the end of IC #5 the multi-verse created by Alexander will be restored to one again but not without causing a few changes. This will serve as the jumping on point for "One Year Later"

The final two issues will deal with the final battle against Alexander Luthor more than the changes made to the DC characters thus what happens at the end won't be spoiled by the OYL books.

I'm not sure I think the multi-verse is going to stick around once IC is over.

Yeah, I don't think there's any way that DC's gonna go with a multiverse again. I'm pretty confident that we'll be back to the universe by the end of Infinite Crisis. Maybe with the characters now actually knowing that there WAS a multiverse pre-COIE. Not remembering it or anything, just now everyone knows what the original Crisis was actually about.

So as of issue 4, is there a whole multiverse, or just an alternate Earth right now?

According to DC Online they will be selling at 2.50 a piece... that means the entire collection would run at about 130 bucks or so..... if the monthly's ran at 9.99 a piece you'd only save money on the 5 week months, and if they ran for anything more you'd lose money.

The Latest Wizard had a great article with the DC creators that were involved in the buildup to Infinite Crisis and they gave some interesting tid bits about how things came together.

- when they began discussing who the villain of the story would be, it was Jeph Loeb who brought up Earth-2 Superman and that is how the ball got rolling.

- The Legion of Superheroes is the "un-official" first post-Infinite Crisis book. The future of the new Legion is a direct result of what happened in IC.

- King Faraday, Vandal Savage, Dr. Sivana, Mr Jupiter, and Eddie Fryers were all considered for the role of Maxwell Lord. Wonder Woman was going to kill whoever ended up in that role from the start.

- The original Society leaders were going to be Lex, Dr. Sivana, Penguin, Deathstroke, Dr. Psycho and Queen Bee. Calculator was added because of Identity Crisis, Geoff thought that there were to many short guys in suits so they added Black Adam, and Talia replaced Queen Bee because Talia plays a bigger role in the DCU.

- Owlman and Black Orchid were going to be members of "the Six" but they were replaced

- Zatanna and the Creeper were going to be part of the Shadowpact

- Countdown was going to be like a clip show showcasing all DC titles but the writers thought that would be dull so they scrapped the whole thing. They decided to write a story in which a character discovers all the connections that the creators had planned. Blue Beetle was the unanimous choice for the role because they knew that his death would be heartbreaking to many readers.

- Originally the story was going to cross into all the books but they decided that they had too much story so the four mini-series were created.

According to DC Online they will be selling at 2.50 a piece... that means the entire collection would run at about 130 bucks or so..... if the monthly's ran at 9.99 a piece you'd only save money on the 5 week months, and if they ran for anything more you'd lose money.

You can order the series from DC for $100 at dccomics.com

https://www.cambeywest.com/dcc/dccuniv.asp

For the villains considered for the Max Lord role, who in the heck is Eddie Fryers? The name does not ring a bell to me.

Blue Beetle was the unanimous choice for the role because they knew that his death would be heartbreaking to many readers.

Fuckers.

They were right.

Blue Beetle was the unanimous choice for the role because they knew that his death would be heartbreaking to many readers.

Fuckers.

They were right.

That is a sign of good writing. If they had chosen a no-name character the series would not have the punch that it does.

I know. I'm happy with IC on the whole so far.

But those fuckers. Ted Kord was the man.

By the by, IC5 is pretty much an expository cliffhanger, as we all anticipated. The last panel is fucking killer, though.

The Supes v Supes fight is pretty lame unless you have the offshoot storyline from the Superman books.

Ok. Tokyo. Female Dr. Light is doing some shit.

BOOM. Flash appears. I can't tell if it's Barry Allen or Wally West. Do they have the same costumes? Anywho:

Flash: Nkkk I... I made it. I'm back.

Light: Flash?!

Flash: ...You have to tell them... find them...warn them.

Light: What are you talking about?

Flash: LISTEN TO ME! We couldn't hold him. He's escaped! He's coming!

Light: Who?

Flash: HIM!

next page, looks awesome

Flash: SUPERBOY PRIME!

Superboy Prime has a different costume, with one metal sleeve, a tattered cape, an 'S' on a black background, and some weird piping on his costume. He looks pissed. His etes are red. Wish I had a scanner.

Superboy Prime has a different costume, with one metal sleeve, a tattered cape, an 'S' on a black background, and some weird piping on his costume. He looks pissed. His etes are red. Wish I had a scanner.

pochorenella Posted Mar 2 2006, 03:17 PM

I believe they said that he was wearing Anti-Monitor armor.

Wasn't as mind-blowingly awesome as the last issue, but still pretty damn good. I'll agree that 'expository clifhanger' was a good way to describe it.

I do think that Wonder Woman was a bit useless though to this issue. The fill-in art on some of the pages was kind of distracting as well, but I loved the throw backs to the old golden age visual styles they used at times.

There were some awesome 'mark out' moments like seeing the Red Son Superman, and the page with all the other Earths appearing in the sky. The end with the Flash (it was Wally) coming back was great as well.

But for me, the highlight of the issue was the one page shot of Golden Age Supes crushing Modern Superman with the ol' Action Comics #1 pose. That was super sweet.