TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

Infinite Crisis

The two that I know of off the top of my head is Captain Nazi being alive and fighting Black Adam. They gave some lame excuse about him being a "concept" and that was why he can't die or something.

The other was that Firefly was seen in the Arkham breakout, when I think he was supposed to have been killed months ago by OMACs.

Firefly, Nazi, Bane being part of the society despite it being clearly mentioned he refused to join, Riddler being in Arkham then later being in the villain march on metropolis, Toyman being in prison.

Those were the ones I saw.

p.2 and 3 - Double page spread. I like heroes vs villains, but just because you have a DC Encyclopedia, that doesn't mean you have to use every character in those two pages.

That's tremendous.

When you say Firefly, I'm guessing you are talking about the guy right in the middle of the splash on the initial breakout, since that's actually the Riddler (Look at the hair when Huntress talks to him, the strands match up). I can't find any other possible Firefly at Arkham, otherwise.

Captain Nazi: Yeah, lame reason. I figured, though, he wouldn't be dead yet. You can't kill the Aryan Race!

Toyman: It wouldn't be hard for someone like the Society to sneak him into prison, especially with them threatening anyone and everyone. *shrugs*

Riddler: Yeah, definite contradiction, unless Huntress is really getting lax nowadays.

Bane: Again, yep, unless he finally wanted to just trash people.

Edit: Found him, but it's Blackgate, not Arkham.

Hm. Could he have been brought back to life from the Earths being smashed together?

Edited by Justice

The temptation to read the spoilers for IC7 is too great...just got to hang on for one more day...

Heck you are luck to only wait until tomorrow. I have to wait to saturday if I am lucky. That is when I get my shipment of comics in the mail. If not I have to wait until monday, so I am praying the postal service gets it here quickly.

They weren't really spoilers as much as they were... Uh... vague hints?

Yeah, I need to see how this ends. It's gonna be a WILD RIDE, I just hope they can bring everything they've started back into one coherent story and a bang-up ending.

They weren't really spoilers as much as they were... Uh... vague hints?

I meant the actual spoilers that are up on some message boards now.

Awww man....

Very little of the big brawl was actually shown on panel, and the final fight with SBP was a little underwhelming. Also didn't Nightwing die? The way Bats was acting I thought he was killed, but he's on the Wayne cruise at the end.

BUT

Joker killing Alex was THE perfect demise. Bravo

Roll on 52.

I thought that

Joker killing Alex

was kind of lame, especially after that brief cameo appearance earlier in the story.

I do like how it shows how he and

Batman

are complete opposites, as

Batman had the opportunity to kill him earlier, but was talked out of it

My opinions:

I think everyone can agree that they wanted more of the

Metropolis battle

, and I'm hoping they release something that will show more of it. It was criminal

to build it up in VU

and do what they did.

On

Superboy-Prime

, I really just wish

he was dead with the rest of them. If Kal-L died, so should he have. Keeping him contained when he basically could put a dent through the galaxy as we know it just does not seem smart.

On

Alex Luthor

, I simply thought how appropriate.

Seriously, we've been waiting and haven't seen that much of the big two. Luthor was going to be bidding his time until Alex was weakened. And who does he get to kill him? The best. It just a great reassertion of who the two greatest villains in the DC universe are, along with a brilliant ending to a guy who was completely unremorseful about destroying hundreds of Earths for his own agenda.

Overall, a great ending. Not perfect (

NO SPECTRE, YOU FUCKERS!! WHY NOT!?

), but it definitely accomplished what it needed to, and frankly I thought it was quite good.

Ren:

I think Nightwing got hit bad enough that he was on the ropes, and Batman assumed he was dead. Lame, yes. But I suppose they aren't willing to kill another second generation guy quite yet

Other than feeling rushed the last issue was great, There should have been one more issue at least

Now on to 52 which is the book I'm been waiting for

OYL has been fantastic and I expect 52 to be the same

Since OYL started, they can't fall back on their gimmick of showing the rest of the story in the regular monthly books, because all the current books take place a year after this issue. Sadly, they're still acting like they could.

Or maybe if there were a backup story in 52 (there is) and it were entitled "The history of the DCU" (it is).

News to me. Got details?

Yeah, this was on Newsarama a while back:

"Asked about the overall run of 52, Wacker outlined the artists on the title: Joe Bennet (who will illustrate issues #1-#4) Ken Lashley, Chris Batista, Don Kramer, and Shawn Moll. And clarifying the back-up features that will appear in the series, Wacker said that following a 10-part history of the DCU in the first ten issues of the series, the next 40 issues will feature two page origin stories of the top 40 characters in the DCU, written by Waid, with art by a variety of artists."

Jurgens is writing the "History of the DCU" piece.

Care to revise this?